Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD change alert! 😂

Blue on Black

Delivery got pushed to June 20 - July 18 now. It happened shortly after someone from Tesla called on Tuesday and asked if I have a trade in and want Tesla to price it. I wasn’t planning on trading in with Tesla until he called. I said sure and he updated the info. A few of days later the EDD was delayed to June/July. Is the trade (that I didn't plan on providing) the reason for my delay?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Where exactly are the lights? Under the trim? In place of the trim? Looks sharp. This is what true ambient lighting should look like in a $100k car. Doors being done too?
Here's the close up.

Attachments

• PXL_20220304_211544924.jpg
    PXL_20220304_211544924.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20220304_211614301.jpg
    PXL_20220304_211614301.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20220304_211718899.jpg
    PXL_20220304_211718899.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 94
Another data point.

Plaid ordered Jan 8.
Received a VIN Jan 26.
Placed my order on up to 30 day hold Jan 30. (Tesla said "up to 30 days").
Didn't hear from Tesla before I released the hold on March 3.
The next day a VIN was assigned 4727xx EDD March 16 - 20 in Dallas.

Keeping track of this topic I feel good about it being a refresh though I think I'll text asking for the build date.

Can someone bring up politics so we can quit this yoke talk?
Politics: not as controversial as yoke, the monkey or fit and finish of the car! But, I have been complaining all over this board about the numerous EDD moves, including the last one from mid-April to mid-May. My order one-year anniversary is Tuesday! Just a few minutes ago I changed to March 16-31. I'll believe it when I get a VIN. Until then I will remain skeptical.

Mine was built last June. Having the yoke replaced under warranty - not sure if center air bag is being replaced. New horn or not?
Another June build here. I had my yoke replaced November 19th and I'm hoping I got the new horn wiring. The covering was definitely different feeling so maybe being upgraded somewhat was a good sign even though it was so close to the changeover date. Here is the part number for the yoke I got. What do you think? New or original part?

I see that the current part number is 1622612-00-F but don't know when the -F revision started or which revision started having the center horn capability.

IMG_6429.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Another June build here. I had my yoke replaced November 19th and I'm hoping I got the new horn wiring. The covering was definitely different feeling so maybe being upgraded somewhat was a good sign even though it was so close to the changeover date. Here is the part number for the yoke I got. What do you think? New or original part?

I see that the current part number is 1622612-00-F but don't know when the -F revision started or which revision started having the center horn capability.

View attachment 777069

My work estimate shows same part number.

No no. I mean usability-wise it will be a nightmare. So many tight roundabouts and you have to signal off them in the UK. You ever tried using the turn signals while the yoke is upside down or vertical? Not fun. Heck, I lose the signals if I have to make a right turn followed by an immediate left turn. It’s just not doable.

The funny thing is this yoke business didn’t need to happen. At the very least, I still maintain this should have been an option. Swapping out a wheel is a very quick procedure.

I'm sure FSD will handle roundabouts just...FINE