Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s really amazing to me is how Tesla immediately puts dates so far out in order statuses despite saying 4-8 weeks on their site. Be great if they could figure out their logistics, especially on such a comparatively low volume vehicle such as the Model S.

That said, if it gives them time to fix real frustrations like the vibration issue, I’m all for it.

He said. “Wow. Your car was built yesterday”…. It was a Friday.
Anyone remember many years ago that cars and engines built on Mondays and Tuesdays tended to have production issues versus ones that were built on Fridays? Day shift versus night shift? Wonder how much that holds true today with the Model S's. It would be interesting to somehow plot this. Date of Manufacture (day of week) and the problems found at delivery...

Windows tinted (35% sides and 18% rear), trunk spoiler added, 21” “flow forged” wheels from Lou at getyourwheels.com. (TMC Vendor). Custom offset. Stock tire size up front, 295/35 out back. Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.
2022 LR build date 02/2022

View attachment 776445
Can you tell me the model, name, & color of your wheels? Great looking wheel choice for your car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Can you tell me the model, name, & color of your wheels? Great looking wheel choice for your car.
I would recommend going with truly forged wheels instead of “flow forged”. A bit more expensive but lighter and stronger. There are a number of companies out there that sell them. I would recommend Signature Wheels as a possibility.

Called- they picked up right away- born date of Feb 14- SA said it was most likely rejected by someone else because it is sitting at the service center. Crazy- must have been rejected and the VIN never showed up externally. It must be the old lights. But now I have to see if I can get my old financing (expired today but may be able to extend) which is about .75 cheaper than what is available now. May make more sense to take it. Thoughts?

Called- they picked up right away- born date of Feb 14- SA said it was most likely rejected by someone else because it is sitting at the service center. Crazy- must have been rejected and the VIN never showed up externally. It must be the old lights. But now I have to see if I can get my old financing (expired today but may be able to extend) which is about .75 cheaper than what is available now. May make more sense to take it. Thoughts?
I'm guessing the conventional wisdom on this forum will trend towards rejecting this one in favor of the updated lights. I faced the same dilemma last week, and I chose to move forward with my delivery of an MSLR with the "old" lights.

Now that I actually have the car, I honestly don't care one bit about the updates, and I'm very happy with my decision. I'll bet 90% of Tesla buyers won't even notice the new lights (or be sad about receiving the "old" lights), unless they are glued to these forum posts like many of us are.

I'm guessing the conventional wisdom on this forum will trend towards rejecting this one in favor of the updated lights. I faced the same dilemma last week, and I chose to move forward with my delivery of an MSLR with the "old" lights.

Now that I actually have the car, I honestly don't care one bit about the updates, and I'm very happy with my decision. I'll bet 90% of Tesla buyers won't even notice the new lights (or be sad about receiving the "old" lights), unless they are glued to these forum posts like many of us are.
Thank you so much for this- it helps. Although I consider myself rational I do have FOMO at some points for newest tech

Reactions: EndlessPlaid