Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of red, I just got an invitation to schedule a delivery date for my red Model S Plaid on March 23! The details of the order are in my signature if you’re interested. Woohoo!

Oddly, my app and order page still don’t show a VIN (but it’s been in the source code for a while - an early 474 VIN). Is it unusual to get a delivery invitation before a VIN shows up in the app?

@EndlessPlaid please put me out of my misery. I have been gone for a couple of days and I can’t make heads or tails of the hinges story. I was about 30 pages behind and so I read ever other page. Big mistake.
Yeah I will. This went WAY too far. There are no new hinges to my knowledge.
We had been talking about some minor changes that have likely occurred under the skin of Model S since the start of production in June, and I suggested something minor, such as hinges.
And here we are lol.😃

@EndlessPlaid please put me out of my misery. I have been gone for a couple of days and I can’t make heads or tails of the hinges story. I was about 30 pages behind and so I read ever other page. Big mistake.
Yep. There’s not new hinges. But boy you should see the update to the frunk lining material. Makes it worth getting Refresh 2.0 just for that.

No, all of it is nonsense. 😂

Speaking of red, I just got an invitation to schedule a delivery date for my red Model S Plaid on March 23! The details of the order are in my signature if you’re interested. Woohoo!

Oddly, my app and order page still don’t show a VIN (but it’s been in the source code for a while - an early 474 VIN). Is it unusual to get a delivery invitation before a VIN shows up in the app?
My delivery is 3/22 but I had a VIN for some time before the delivery schedule text showed up. I have noticed the app on my iPhone is finicky so I pretty often need to close it and open it again to get it to work correctly. Might be worth a try.

This is new to me

Made me laugh. Cars matching my configuration and also cars that don’t at all match my configuration. In this case, I have a blue/black on order. Their match is a red/cream. No thanks, Tesla!

Attachments

• 607DA77A-60A8-4D3E-B674-8AEE1DD60795.png
    607DA77A-60A8-4D3E-B674-8AEE1DD60795.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 108
Quick Q.. when the MS is delivered, does it come with a USB drive in the glovebox already? I've heard someone say yes and someone say No.
It does. All new Tesla models are equipped with a 128GB USB installed in the glovebox.
Looks like this:

Yeah I will. This went WAY too far. There are no new hinges to my knowledge.
We had been talking about some minor changes that have likely occurred under the skin of Model S since the start of production in June, and I suggested something minor, such as hinges.
And here we are lol.😃
It’s kind of like when I mentioned that the new lights would make the car slower!🤫