Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though I KNOW my car should come with the new headlights being a Vin of NF473XX, as the pickup day gets closer, I started to freak myself out and worry about it...

It was silly I know, especially since I have responded to others on here who had high 472s and told them not to worry, they were good.... Still, I couldn't shake it, but what if....

So I reached out to the SA, and good news is that he confirmed, new lights. What's funny (to me) though, was part of his response...

"Great news is your car has the new headlights and taillights and no radar! The wait is almost over!"

It's the exclamation point after "no radar", It's like he was excited to tell me they removed features, YAY, go me, No radar!

Still though, I am much relieved, and now down to 9 days to pickup....

Even though I KNOW my car should come with the new headlights being a Vin of NF473XX, as the pickup day gets closer, I started to freak myself out and worry about it...

It was silly I know, especially since I have responded to others on here who had high 472s and told them not to worry, they were good.... Still, I couldn't shake it, but what if....

So I reached out to the SA, and good news is that he confirmed, new lights. What's funny (to me) though, was part of his response...

"Great news is your car has the new headlights and taillights and no radar! The wait is almost over!"

It's the exclamation point after "no radar", It's like he was excited to tell me they removed features, YAY, go me, No radar!

Still though, I am much relieved, and now down to 9 days to pickup....
I fully understand. I couldn’t possibly take delivery until May but I still check my app several times a day to see if they moved up my delivery. I get more excited each time I see someone taking delivery. The car looks better every time I see it. I had friends come down to Florida to play golf with me. I told them about buying a Tesla and they gave me the standard BS about range and EV not better for the environment. I laughed and just said 0-60 in 3 seconds, do that with your corvette.

My Estimated Delivery just got moved up this morning to May 1 - June 12. It was May 26-June 23 (or so) just yesterday. It is exciting as I have been waiting since 10-15-21. I have noticed that when the delivery window widens beyond 4 weeks, some deliveries actually are quickly after the wide window. Do I have a chance that delivery is imminent for a LR/Blue/Black/19/NO FSD?
Just got bumped to wide date range.... Estimated Delivery: May 21 - July 02

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That scares me but mine hasn’t moved since they gave me a month range after I placed my order. I can’t imagine getting mine before you get yours. I wonder if I will start seeing push backs once the second quarter starts.
I honestly think one they want me to cancel and two more plaids order red so they are building all the plaids before they build the LR and this latest round of orders due to the oil crises pushed me further into the abyss.

Really really want to like Tesla but they are doing everything they can to irritate the piss out of me. Losing my patience.

That could be a good sign. We have seen a lot of examples where the EDD moves way out before a VIN is assigned. 🤞
Would love to think your right but I’ve been listening to all these theories and grasping at straws for nearly a year and so far none have happened. It’s all smoke and mirrors. They really need to give order date a higher priority in the monkey algorithm.

If I place my exact order online right now it says EDD July 2022. What a crock of BS. LOL

Hi, I long time watching here. Good stuff and hello to the community. I got yesterday the Text from Tesla that my MSLR MSM will be ready to be build this month. "Reply MARCH" :) Can someone clarify if this will be a build with updated head/tail lights?

Second, got a call from Tesla on Monday that they also have a 2021 with $5k rebate. I told him that I want the new lights and wait for my build. I hope that they not just sneak the 2021 in now. What is your take?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi, I long time watching here. Good stuff and hello to the community. I got yesterday the Text from Tesla that my MSLR MSM will be ready to be build this month. "Reply MARCH" :) Can someone clarify if this will be a build with updated head/tail lights?

Second, got a call from Tesla on Monday that they also have a 2021 with $5k rebate. I told him that I want the new lights and wait for my build. I hope that they not just sneak the 2021 in now. What is your take?
Yes it should be a new build.

If they try and attach a 2021 VIN to your order, just reject it.

A March build will have the new headlights etc. When you get your VIN a 473xxx and later number should be safe. You can also then ask for build date or birth date for your car and they can give it to you down to the second.

99% sure that you'll get the new build. If it's "ready to build this month", it means they'll come with new headlights since they're not building with old ones anymore. And the fact that they offered a 2021 build with rebate means they expect you to get the new 2022 build. I wouldn't worry about it.
The only worry I'd have is if they'll deliver your new build in March since I've seen quite a few people get this text and I'm not sure if they have the capacity to fulfill all orders by end of quarter. Good luck anyway!