Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love QC at Tesla factory. I discovered my 3 day old car had a loose driver door panel (was wondering why it was rattling). Disassembled the door panel and found it was only held by 2 out of the 4 screws that are supposed to be there.

At least the door panel is not rattling now...

Before:
.View attachment 782609

After:

View attachment 782610
When I brought in wife’s MYP for HomeLink install (still annoyed this ‘basic’ feature was removed for a car at this price point), I mentioned a clip missing in the frunk. Both advisor and tech looked at each other then replied with a straight face ‘cost cutting’.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
How
When I brought in wife’s MYP for HomeLink install (still annoyed this ‘basic’ feature was removed for a car at this price point), I mentioned a clip missing in the frunk. Both advisor and tech looked at each other then replied with a straight face ‘cost cutting’.
The reason mine had 2 screws only was because the other screw holes were not lined up, see photo. That is due to panel not set correctly. Then whoever was supposed to put the screws in just decided to say *sugar* it...

tempImagefz16CN.jpg

This is what i’m worried about. That’s an extremely old vin.
Calling NF470XX old is not quite accurate. It’s not as though it’s a MF430XX (the mules and overflow lot cars that sat for months in the sun apparently waiting for parts). It’s probably about a month old with the old headlights and tail lights. Cannot speak to the hinges.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid