Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not at all. I’ve explained this a dozen times or so now.

I was in Europe. Could not conform to their three day pick-up windows. I was fully prepared to send Tesla copies of my flight tickets, hotel receipts, and multiple Covid tests to prove it if required. Also third VIN was released while I was still supposedly on Hold. I gave them all my travel windows ahead of time.

When they said my order was going to be cancelled I even offered to put down a non-refundable deposit to distill any doubts of my intentions on completing my order.

Again, I’m not pissed at the delays. I fully expected a long wait given I ordered the original Plaid +. What is frustrating is the gyrating dates.

Good luck to us both. I know we will love the car when we get our paws on that yolk.
Here's my current reality.
  • Closed on MYP loan with DCU for wife in January.
  • Applied for financing for Plaid in February on the last day before they would require another credit check (smart, right?).
  • Loan was approved and I have 45 days from 2/16 to get them the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) from Tesla.
  • To be safe, that takes us to 3/30.
  • My current EDD is 3/26-4/16. You've all seen the slippage history.....excerpt covering February only below.
  • If I don't close by 4/1, I have to reapply.
  • In addition,lose 1.24%/65 month deal as the new rates as of 3/18 at DCU are 1.74%.....
Informed Loyalty Advisor (yes, the one I've made famous here) that I would consider taking any configuration provided my pricing remains intact.

Anxious to see how this all plays out after 18 months of primate throwning darts.

1648244758177.png

My delivery appointment was today. The car had a few issues.
  1. It was missing all the interior mats;
  2. The trunk was missing all the trim pieces including the bottom cover;
  3. The hood was misaligned and the rubber seal was visible on one side;
  4. The trim around the windshield was loose on the bottom;
  5. The trim around the taillight was off on one side;
  6. Paint in certain areas around the rear hatch were tacky; and
  7. The car was dirty having not been cleaned since the rain on the prior day. It was very hard to examine the paint.
The delivery advisor could not guarantee that I had the latest hinges, and he claimed TOTAL ignorance on the issue.

I refused delivery after losing it and becoming totally unhinged. He said my sales advisor would try to match me with another EOQ car, but I doubt I’ll hear anything.

I am kidding about the hinges. :)

7. The car was dirty having not been cleaned since the rain on the prior day. It was very hard to examine the paint.
The delivery advisor could not guarantee that I had the latest hinges, and he claimed TOTAL ignorance on the issue.

I refused delivery after losing it and becoming totally unhinged. He said my sales advisor would try to match me with another EOQ car, but I doubt I’ll hear anything.

So did you really refuse delivery?

Please post pics if you can!😃

Dang same for this one, did you accept it I assume?

Not meaning to be a troll but did you not decline a delivery a few weeks ago for asymmetrical gaps? My apologies if not

Seen it at the end of quarters. They probably decided to give it to someone else that can accept a quicker delivery for EOQ. Hope it comes back to you but :eek:
Well that’s some real horse sh*t. I’m literally ready to pay and told them i can pick up whenever they have it as it was being transferred to local tesla delivery center from another one in North Carolina.
Good luck. Mine was 3/21 to 3/31 . Tesla let me completed all pre delivery tasks but today it changed to April5 to 26. It will cost me more with interest rate
yeah, same thing is likely going to happen to me, really not cool to be paying more interest especially because had VIN assigned and delivery date within rate lock, at what point do I just give up here and go different direction.

Here's my current reality.
  • Closed on MYP loan with DCU for wife in January.
  • Applied for financing for Plaid in February on the last day before they would require another credit check (smart, right?).
  • Loan was approved and I have 45 days from 2/16 to get them the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) from Tesla.
  • To be safe, that takes us to 3/30.
  • My current EDD is 3/26-4/16. You've all seen the slippage history.....excerpt covering February only below.
  • If I don't close by 4/1, I have to reapply.
  • In addition,lose 1.24%/65 month deal as the new rates as of 3/18 at DCU are 1.74%.....
Informed Loyalty Advisor (yes, the one I've made famous here) that I would consider taking any configuration provided my pricing remains intact.

Anxious to see how this all plays out after 18 months of primate throwning darts.

My DCU loan is up on the 31st. Is there any way to get an extension? What if you get a MVPA for another car but change your mind? The loan doesn't start till the check is cashed right?

My DCU loan is up on the 31st. Is there any way to get an extension? What if you get a MVPA for another car but change your mind? The loan doesn't start till the check is cashed right?

Best bet is to call them. I know that's a PITA. I waited 90 minutes today. But they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable when you get through. They have admitted to being short staffed. I appreciate they are not throwing bodies at this. The folks on the calls are all excellent. Rather wait and get the right answers than fast and no clue.

Last edited: