Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought this was a spot on post and a well written post until this line. I have had my car for a little over 2 weeks and 1,200 miles. It should only be driven in insane mode.. it is docile until you give it the go. My car has been in insane mode from delivery and will be left there as long as I own it and drive it. 😎
Haha. Yeah. No other modes for me either. 1 week with the new car and it is just such a fun drive.

For those of you have both Y/3 and S. Does the S stereo seem way more front speaker biased? The sound is coming mostly from the front speakers below the windshield. But if I move the balance to the rear, the rear speakers are working. I might have to do some side by side testing. Perhaps they forgot to plug some speakers in. :)

Got my VIN this morning!
RN11508
NF474
MS LR Blue/White , 21” wheels

EDD March 26-30
And I am going to be out of town next week :(((

Do you think they will allow me to schedule a delivery for April 3rd?
Maybe, but not likely. It is EoQ. They could push that car to someone else who is ready by end of March. Do you have any options, family member or friend that can pick it up?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is not true. We debunked that when they had reservations of older (lower) and new (higher) prices. Yet were filling both.
Then why does website show lower delivery times for more decked out Teslas? o_O The website literally shows you that they priorities those with more options xD
I'm not talking about same build different order times (The OP was not me :p).

Got my VIN this morning!
RN11508
NF474
MS LR Blue/White , 21” wheels

EDD March 26-30
And I am going to be out of town next week :(((

Do you think they will allow me to schedule a delivery for April 3rd?

Anyone going to be in the Redwood area next week that can swing by and pick up his car for him?

I have been on this forum since I bought my first MS in 2017. Sometimes I wonder about the posts and the clear issues people are having and wonder how wide spread it is? Then I compare it to the wine forum I regularly visit and realize those who take the time to post are a very small minority of the population who may be interested in the topic. I say this because I genuinely approached my delivery earlier in the week - which was pushed up from Saturday to Wednesday, with trepidation that the car would have a number of flaws.

The delivery process was a bit hands-off. When I told them I wanted to look over the car before accepting it, they seemed genuinely surprised as though that rarely happens, but gladly opened up the car and told me to take my time. After 15-20 minutes of examining it, I went back inside and accepted the car. They then came outside and paired my phone to the car.

The only "flaw" is not even a flaw but was some glue residue from the protective film they apparently used, and I guess the windshield could have been a bit cleaner than it was presented. I had to look real hard for the worm, but it is there. Not an issue to me. Car came with all fobs, cards, mats, covers, etc. I could not find the charging kit and was surprised when I was told it was in the frunk. In my existing (soon to be sold) MS, I used the frunk less than a dozen times in five years! No wrinkles in the seats and I really like the 21" wheels. I hope the tires give me at least 10K miles or more!

While I have only driven it about 110 miles so far, I still have not gotten completely used to three-way turns with the yoke, but I seem to be ok with the turn signals. I have accidentally sprayed the windshield by hitting the wiper button once. I definitely have not found my way around the different software, but many of the options are the same but in different places. I have not figured out how to move the windows to the opposite side of the screen yet, and I think I have an outdated software version. The stereo is worlds better than my prior MS which had the "enhanced audio option." So far I have enabled SiriusXM and my Tidal account. I really like the console better with the movable compartments though I agree the cupholders seem a bit tight. Of course it is much faster in acceleration but I have not tried insane mode yet. It is quieter for sure.

I hope the car continues to be trouble free for me, and that everyone here gets their cars soon with no further issues or delays. Obviously wishful thinking.
I’m glad you had a good delivery. You and @golden-snail have eased my EOQ delivery jitters. Drive your new cars in good health!

I was scheduled to pick up my car yesterday in Orlando and Tesla delayed it until Thursday. Thursday is not good for me, but they are unwilling to hold it until Saturday. They’re saying it arrived yesterday and it can only be held three days! I’m 😠 not happy. If anyone knows anyone with authority in Orlando or anyone helpful, please send me a message.
When I declined my first model s (the one that had delivery damage repair) I also told them I had CoVID (which was true) and couldn't pick up. That may buy you some time.

Sounds like false hopes.

End of Quarter (EOQ) everything needs to be delivered, whoever is not ready because sleeping, traveling, dying, etc losses the car and it goes back to “waiting”, VIN goes to the next person waiting. Simple.

They don’t hold cars for nobody at EOQ period :)

I find that possible, but not in line with my experience.

The only correct answer will from from the SA and store assigned to the car in question.

You do recall Elon's edict last quarter, about quality over delivery numbers?

You do recall Elon's edict last quarter, about quality over delivery numbers?

1648222424819.png

random observation: The auto direction feature works fairly well, I'd say its spot on about 75% of the time. Another 15 to 20% of the time? Im in a parking lot with a car parked DIRECTLY in front of me, with nothing at all behind me. And which direction does the feature select/think it should go in?

Forward.

WTF. How hard could it be to leverage the cameras to program THAT correctly? All of this dojo this and AI that and Machine Learning this and giga that and teraflops this

...but it cant spot a car literally 2 feet in front of it?

random observation: The auto direction feature works fairly well, I'd say its spot on about 75% of the time. Another 15 to 20% of the time? Im in a parking lot with a car parked DIRECTLY in front of me, with nothing at all behind me. And which direction does the feature select/think it should go in?

Forward.

WTF. How hard could it be to leverage the cameras to program THAT correctly? All of this dojo this and AI that and Machine Learning this and giga that and teraflops this

...but it cant spot a car literally 2 feet in front of it?
Yeah, I agree, it does some wonky stuff. I'd say for me it's probably more like 95% is correct. I park in the same place every night in front of my Bronco about 2-3 feet ahead, and maybe once every 3 weeks, it selects the incorrect direction. Very odd.