Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i mean, it IS proven that Tesla prioritizes those who pay higher prices than those who dont. Evidence? FSD orders of Y's get delivered faster than those without FSD. and plaids get delivered faster than LR S's.

Whats the question again?
FSD sure, that's a fact.

Plaids get delivered faster as there is not as much demand for the higher price, so delivery timing is naturally faster. They were originally prioritized but now that's just a side effect of supply having mostly equaled demand.

The original question IIRC was whether or not post-price-increase orders were being prioritized over pre-price-increase orders, of which (to the best of my knowledge) there was never any evidence.😀

Last edited:
Reactions: AvengerBB
FSD sure, that's a fact.

Plaids get delivered faster as there is not as much demand for the higher price, so delivery timing is naturally faster. They were originally prioritized but now that's just a side effect of supply having mostly equaled demand.

The original question IIRC was whether or not post-price-increase orders were being prioritized over pre-price-increase orders, of which (to the best of my knowledge) there was never any evidence.😀
FSD no longer moves up delivery in model Ys. Not sure it it was ever documented it moved up delivery times in Model S

Taken from Facebook Plaid at the Half mile.
IMG_6009.JPG

FSD no longer moves up delivery in model Ys. Not sure it it was ever documented it moved up delivery times in Model S

No, they don’t shorten the EDD reporting, just in practice. Ever notice some originally long EDDs, reported here, sometimes get delivered way sooner than others, even those the at order EDD was far out like others? All optics, I suggest.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And it’s here! At least for a few hours before the detailer picks it up for ppf…

Overall great shape, no missing parts or accessories. Only a few minor issues. Couple door seals not fully installed, quick push or pull fixed those in just a few seconds.
Otherwise the passenger door cards are a few mm off, I am sure they are still “in spec” and really not noticeable if not looking for it.

Even the center console lights worked correctly!

Attachments

• E493CBD7-7DE3-4EC0-8E38-B351C1A9E822.jpeg
    E493CBD7-7DE3-4EC0-8E38-B351C1A9E822.jpeg
    777.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 9CE3214B-6A57-410A-BAA0-C306B922F7C6.jpeg
    9CE3214B-6A57-410A-BAA0-C306B922F7C6.jpeg
    859 KB · Views: 99
  • 3615183D-04AF-4F31-AFD7-5AA86A4A75D4.jpeg
    3615183D-04AF-4F31-AFD7-5AA86A4A75D4.jpeg
    795.6 KB · Views: 88
This argument is quite tenuous indeed and some have even said the theory has been debunked. We do not have scientific data to draw a statistically arguable conclusion. What you offer here is the example of you and one other person. That can be countered by the example of me with a fairly expensive order still waiting. What is a reasonable observation even without scientific data, anecdotal as it were, is that there are certain trends.
1. Regional patterns: You should be comparing yourself to people in your region per Tesla delivery regions. He’s in Utah, which actually does not seem to belong to any region but likely West Coast and you’re somewhere in Kent. I don’t know the region either.
2. PLAID orders clearly trump dual motor orders but unlikely that within the PLAID category the more expensive builds are favored.
3. Batched builds. @EndlessPlaid explained this a few pages back.
4. These apparent trends are distorted by changes to orders made long after the initial order, rejected deliveries, order holds. All these do not appear in the gross scanning of trends nor do people disclose these. Damn I wish I had the fortunes of the fellow who has rejected two cars in as many months.
Well. I will stop the argument and won't talk about it anymore. As I can see, there are many tesla fan (including myself) here but I still have some common sense, unlike diehard fans that won't take no for answer. Whatever it is, everyone enjoy the new car when they come.

Reactions: chrisdh79
And it’s here! At least for a few hours before the detailer picks it up for ppf…

Overall great shape, no missing parts or accessories. Only a few minor issues. Couple door seals not fully installed, quick push or pull fixed those in just a few seconds.
Otherwise the passenger door cards are a few mm off, I am sure they are still “in spec” and really not noticeable if not looking for it.

Even the center console lights worked correctly!
Hey Dan. May I ask what state are you from ?

No, they don’t shorten the EDD reporting, just in practice. Ever notice some originally long EDDs, reported here, sometimes get delivered way sooner than others, even those the at order EDD was far out like others? All optics, I suggest.
You will not win or convince them so just save your breathes. It's the company practice not base on computer screen data but real life customers feedbacks. Oh well. Save your energy my friend, some people here will not accept your argument

Reactions: jebinc
Well. I will stop the argument and won't talk about it anymore. As I can see, there are many tesla fan (including myself) here but I still have some common sense, unlike diehard fans that won't take no for answer. Whatever it is, everyone enjoy the new car when they come.
LOL, and I suppose that’s also a fact.

Lighten up, we’re all here in what’s a really nice community as far as forums generally go. No need to insult people and “tell us how it is”. We’ve been around, we have a pretty decent understanding of where we’re at.

Well, I was victim of the mofo monkey. 5/30-7/25 to 8/1-9/26

Did you ever picked up yours @Ormond ?
No, I rejected it. It had lots of loose trim. I’m in no rush, although I told the delivery advisor that I’d be open to another color. He said he’d have my sales advisor reach out, but I’d be surprised to hear from anyone.