Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find this a very bad move on Tesla’s part.

The ability to charge at one’s discretion and as needed is a must for EVs until Tesla + third party chargers are as prevalent as gas stations.
And not very sustainable if you want to use your solar, or just fight the duck curve by charging at night.

For those that are getting their first Tesla, they are going to be sore if the don't have a MC when they get home with their new car.

I think this is a harbinger of another price increase for MS and MX.

I think the CT isn't coming for me in 2023, and am thinking about a MX order. Hope I can make up my mind soon.

He really backs his product too.

51989968234_f9eb777002_b_d.jpg
He really does! Very honest and trustworthy!

According to a report from a Customer that asked an SA, new order only.
Let’s hope so! I’ll be pretty upset if existing orders don’t include it. It’s basically increasing the price of my car after I ordered it. I don’t care that it’s “only” $400.
It’s especially aggravating for S/X: we’re buying 6-figure cars here… it’s not a huge ask to include a charger!

Let’s hope so! I’ll be pretty upset if existing orders don’t include it. It’s basically increasing the price of my car after I ordered it. I don’t care that it’s “only” $400.
It’s especially aggravating for S/X: we’re buying 6-figure cars here… it’s not a huge ask to include a charger!
FWIW their site still says a charger is included:

There's enough smart people who screen grabbed and filed the MVPA and order page where it said the MC was included, I don't think Tesla would go that route.
They need to increase prices soon. This is just a low impact way of putting that off another month or so.

It's all about the share price. In their view, MS/MX/CT order holders are just "useful idiots"

There's enough smart people who screen grabbed and filed the MVPA and order page where it said the MC was included, I don't think Tesla would go that route.
They need to increase prices soon. This is just a low impact way of putting that off another month or so.

It's all about the share price. In their view, MS/MX/CT order holders are just "useful idiots"
Let’s hope so. Viewed another way, that’s a $400 price increase post-order. And we all know what happened to Rivian.
Again, it’s not a huge amount; it’s the principle.
From a customer service perspective, let’s hope you’re right :)
In any case… still waiting on my car :-( :-(

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I agree. Someone on Reddit mentioned they talked to support, and they stated on new orders starting today won’t include a mobile connector. I’ll see in 2 weeks if I get one.

Elon’s reason on twitter was statistics of usage were very low so wasteful to include it. Same move Apple pulled on the usb charger.
If Tesla stopped including the home charger and knocked $400 off of the price for every new car ... then I'm fine with the decision.
People could order it a la carte.

If Tesla kept the car price the same and just stopped including it ... then not so good.

I just used mine at a friend's house last week

If Tesla stopped including the home charger and knocked $400 off of the price for every new car ... then I'm fine with the decision.

If Tesla kept the car price the same and just stopped including it ... then not so good.

I used to say this about the govt, now:

Tesla..."we're not happy untill your not happy"

I’m not in a southern state so I may have a different mind set. But there is no way white would hold up for me. Every single owner of white says I just do this once a week or I pretreat them with X or I remove stains with this. With black, I do NOTHING. I might vacuum sand out of seams (and now crap out of holes) when I vacuum the car. Which on average is probably once a month or less. Depends on season. I want as much low maintenance as I can get on everything.

MSM is the lowest maintenance color outside. Black is lowest inside. Although black carpets do amplify lint and dog hair. I have two Sheltie dogs and we live in dog hair. So much for the low maintenance plan. Probably because we are so busy cleaning up after them.
Three years with a Model X with a white interior; never once did I have any issues. The seats also never ever ever ever stained, you just wipe them off. It's not like my BMW 550i that picked up the color from blue jeans and it was a royal pain to clean. I hear you about the Midnight Silver Metallic (Sorry it took me about a week to figure out what MSM stood for; I prefer to spell things out to make it more inclusive for people that are new to the forum). Yes, those darker to greyish colors are easier to maintain, but they are not the most attractive colors, and for people like me in the "southern/Sunny" states I don't want to get scorched or have a twenty-degree burn ;-) when I touch the exterior of the car since it's always hot and sunny down here. My wife loves white so I am going with white :) Most of my cars were that Midnight, Obsidian, blah blah blah colors and maybe getting older gave me a different perspective on lighter colors over those. As for pet hair; you know the old saying "can't live with it, can't live without it"...

The white interior makes it feel special. More open feeling and cooler for Southern states. 3 years white MLR and no issues. Just use it and enjoy.
I think the white looks futuristic. I ordered black interior but might be having some second thoughts. I have always had black interiors for durability and looks, but do appreciate the white more than expected.

Agreed. I installed a home charger so I would always have the Portable charger with me. To not include a charger is beyond ridiculous When I ordered mine it stated charger was included, so I will press for one if not included.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It’s official that the mobile connector is not included with new purchases. Pretty lame!! $400 if you want to slow charge at home.
I never used it except for a day or two to see what it's like; it's pretty useless unless you want to wait a few weeks to charge your car; most of us live near superchargers or other places that offer free charging or paid charging at drastically faster rates than at home. I don't know who started this but it's gone full circle where people are posting this on social media and everywhere; some people claim they won't take delivery of their vehicle if it's not included. It really is a non-issue. In other news, my local chicken wing restaurant is giving people half of the chicken wings at the same price as pre-pandemic pricing because "restaurant" chicken wings have doubled in price.

I never used it except for a day or two to see what it's like; it's pretty useless unless you want to wait a few weeks to charge your car; most of us live near superchargers or other places that offer free charging or paid charging at drastically faster rates than at home. I don't know who started this but it's gone full circle where people are posting this on social media and everywhere; some people claim they won't take delivery of their vehicle if it's not included. It really is a non-issue. In other news, my local chicken wing restaurant is giving people half of the chicken wings at the same price as pre-pandemic pricing because "restaurant" chicken wings have doubled in price.
I don’t find it useless at all. To me it’s like buying any rechargeable device. It needs to come with a means to charge it. At my convenience.

I use mine every day. Have been driving Teslas since ‘17.

Charge wife’s at home nightly with one of our multiple WCs. Charge mine at work daily with the mobile. And weekends at home.

Also a must for emergencies. One is always in our Teslas.

I would not refuse my car if it did not come with, but I’d certainly be annoyed about it.

I have exclusively used my Mobile Charger with the NEMA 14-50 for 8+ years with my first two Model S cars. I didn't see a need to spend the extra $$ to install the home charger. I charge at appox 30 miles/hour with the 14-50

Absolutely horrible decision to no longer provide a basic way to charge a car, especially in an emergency. Nickel and diming over a 100K car. They should honor existing orders that said the mobile charger is included or provide an approprate discount if they cannot supply due to supply chain issues. In anticipation of a delivery, I had ordered a 14-50 adapter.

Reactions: Alex Philips