Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd only go for a Plaid if it's very new, has the new lights, and at 120k. I don't think I'll find that anywhere.
I was just thinking the same thing. I went with the LR to save $40k. It is hard to justify that much money for a second faster. For $20k I would be tempted.
I get the Plaid has a bit of the "sleeper" look and that is part of the appeal, but for my $140k I want more.

I think Tesla should have done more with the Plaid to separate it from the LR.
Plaid only wheels choice
Plaid only color
Standard better brakes
Contrasting trim or stitching
steering wheel choice
Free supercharging after doing all those 0-60 pulls

If I'm paying that much more make me feel special. I would assume the speed rush decreases over time and can't be used every time you are in the car, but some of the above features can be appreciated every time you are in the car.

Just my .02. I will still be jealous of the people with Plaids;)

I was just thinking the same thing. I went with the LR to save $40k. It is hard to justify that much money for a second faster. For $20k I would be tempted.
I get the Plaid has a bit of the "sleeper" look and that is part of the appeal, but for my $140k I want more.

I think Tesla should have done more with the Plaid to separate it from the LR.
Plaid only wheels choice
Plaid only color
Standard better brakes
Contrasting trim or stitching
steering wheel choice
Free supercharging after doing all those 0-60 pulls

If I'm paying that much more make me feel special. I would assume the speed rush decreases over time and can't be used every time you are in the car, but some of the above features can be appreciated every time you are in the car.

Just my .02. I will still be jealous of the people with Plaids;)

Having owned/driven both and having sold both, I'm going with Plaid with the new lights.

LR is great as long as you never try a Plaid haha. There is a serious difference in the Plaid's power compared to the LR obviously (but that 1 second is big in practice even though it seems small on paper.).

I sold the Plaid and bought a LR to save the $40k, realized I missed the Plaid's exhilarating acceleration and now I'm back in the queue for a new Plaid haha :)

Having owned/driven both and having sold both, I'm going with Plaid with the new lights.

LR is great as long as you never try a Plaid haha. There is a serious difference in the Plaid's power compared to the LR obviously (but that 1 second is big in practice even though it seems small on paper.).

I sold the Plaid and bought a LR to save the $40k, realized I missed the Plaid's exhilarating acceleration and now I'm back in the queue for a new Plaid haha :)
It's not the one second you feel, it's the 20+ mph higher trap speed in the Plaid! 😃

Most days are spent scrolling through and liking the occasional post. Sometimes there are chances to interject my off topic (on topic?) comments. But posting is really, really down. Just a lurker at this point.
TBH, I find myself missing that daily cycle of hope and despair that I endured for 14 months from order to delivery :)

Maybe when it’s CT time :)

The other interesting thing is that 6 months in, the car still has the new car smell. I’m sure they’ve put in a olfactory generator for it!

Last edited:
I want to upgrade to Plaid, but my order is $15k below current MSRP and they won't let me switch to Plaid and retain the same $15k below MSRP.
It's just not worth it to switch to Plaid at the current price. I may just take delivery of the LR and flip it.
Keep in mind plaid was never 15K under what is is now. At most you would be saving the amount of the recent plaid increase.

I ordered an LR but to clarify 1 second is really 33% faster in this scenario. That is a huge difference.

So the August limitation was removed. From my recent conversations with my friend who is an SA at a dealership nearby and a few others, changes are allowed on all orders :)

Just ask an SA to take you back a step where you can choose between Cash and Financing again. If you see the "Edit Design" option and then you try to make changes and see old pricing, you're good to go!

I just spoke with a rep and the August limitation still applies. I would be subject to the current price book. I even asked them to revert my order to the payment method step and they obliged. The edit design button is not there. I tried going to the URL manually (tesla . com/teslaaccount/edit-deisgn/RNxxx) and that page wouldn't load, just takes me back to my order details page.