Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question. I was tinkering with the finance numbers on the app and saw the “pay in full” feature. I clicked on that thinking that I could easily get back to the financing section. Nope. I’m not sure how to get back to the financing section so as to re-apply for Tesla financing once the time comes to take delivery. Any ideas on how to get my account back into the “Financing mode”? Thanks in advance for any feedback. I definitely do not want to start over and jeopardize my EDD even more.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Quick question. I was tinkering with the finance numbers on the app and saw the “pay in full” feature. I clicked on that thinking that I could easily get back to the financing section. Nope. I’m not sure how to get back to the financing section so as to re-apply for Tesla financing once the time comes to take delivery. Any ideas on how to get my account back into the “Financing mode”? Thanks in advance for any feedback. I definitely do not want to start over and jeopardize my EDD even more.
I would leave it as pay in full as the approval for financing is only good for 3 months. Once you get a VIN then apply for financing which is not a problem.

Here is something to ponder. If you choose financing right when you acquire your reservation and it expires in 3 months And you learn from your mistake and next select pay and full to complete your application "again" does this reset and put you to the back of the line? Just a thought as I am now going on a year and did this originally.

Would be interested to see how many year plus unfulfilled reservations originally clicked financing and to see if this ultimately delayed the delivery.

Leave it as cash for now. It appears that cash instead of financing will get you a car faster. When you have a VIN and your car is actually in transit you can have them switch you back to financing. You also get the benefit of fewer credit pulls and expirations.

Here is something to ponder. If you choose financing right when you acquire your reservation and it expires in 3 months And you learn from your mistake and next select pay and full to complete your application "again" does this reset and put you to the back of the line? Just a thought as I am now going on a year and did this originally.

Would be interested to see how many year plus unfulfilled reservations originally clicked financing and to see if this ultimately delayed the delivery.
I financed from the beginning and had to update it a few times during the time I waited to actually get a VIN assigned. It was originally pegged for Wells Fargo and each time I had to "refresh" it was a "soft" inquiry on my credit. A few weeks before I had a VIN assigned it switched the lender to do a different bank and did a hard inquiry that one additional time. Didn't feel like a big deal in my mind.

Today is my one-year order anniversary date 🥳🥳 Feels like I purchased the NFT version. 😂

Never in a million years did I think I would be still waiting for this car 1yr later. fingers and toes crossed for a Q2 Delivery.

Thank you to everyone who has mostly kept me sane and allowed me to vent occasionally.
Misery loves company. My one year anniversary is quickly approaching and I feel the same way. Happy Anniversary!

Pushed again, now 9/16 - 11/13
Seems like a pretty standard build. Seems strange that would take so long. I assumed mine would take even longer than it has. I ordered the bae MSLR in red. I figured they would make all the red Plaids first and would save the LR for last. Maybe I'm just lucky. Delivery is scheduled for this Thursday. Hopefully all goes smooth

I've been cash since placing my order and my one year order anniversary is just a few weeks away

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My SA told me my car was being built on 5/13 and expect a VIN over the weekend. I did not get a VIN, but I did get a big EDD push to 6/16-7/28. Unless this is one of those deals where a VIN magically appears this afternoon, I will have to go with Plan B and move on with my life. I am thinking about leasing Cayenne Coupe or buying a used Cayenne S.

If I buy a used car, I may put the Model S on hold and revisit next year.

My SA told me my car was being built on 5/13 and expect a VIN over the weekend. I did not get a VIN, but I did get a big EDD push to 6/16-7/28. Unless this is one of those deals where a VIN magically appears this afternoon, I will have to go with Plan B and move on with my life. I am thinking about leasing Cayenne Coupe or buying a used Cayenne S.

If I buy a used car, I may put the Model S on hold and revisit next year.
Went Saturday in person and was told mine was going to be built on 5/14 and to expect my VIN this week…. Let’s see.