Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some night driving yesterday and WOW the new lights are 1000 times better than the old lights.
IDK how anyone can say otherwise.
This seals the deal for me. I'm selling my P100D and keeping my new LR.
This re-confirms my strategy to not drive a refresh with new lights.
As of right now, the "old" lights have always been perfectly fine to me/for me. Why would I mess that up. LOL

Ignorance..is bliss

Not sure I heard about the "in car radar"? Could you provide more info. Thanks.
Yeah sure: sometime late last year, a list of hardware and software changes destined to be implemented around the time they switched to the 2022 model year surfaced online, and among those changes, there was a mention of an in car, forward facing radar. This would likely be used to determine if there are occupants still in the car, i.e. if someone had left their children in the car by accident. So this high resolution radar that was just published on the patents is likely for that purpose, since Tesla is still quite set on using Tesla Vision for AP and FSD.

That issue you’re describing may be separate and has been brought up before by others. Possibly only on Plaids. Probably not shaft related. Is your issue suspension height sensitive? Is yours a Plaid?

The 45mph-50mph light load vibration does not go away by my understanding. Probably shaft related. Worse on higher suspension settings.

If Plaid only, could it be the contrast seat piping vibrating under the sheer power of the Plaid?

No mods, No PPF, no Posing, no photo special effects, no 21” wheels, no spoiler, medium height, Not even a recent bath.

Still looks pretty good eh?

52104303433_96acfd925c_b_d.jpg

I skipped the front view, it’s loaded with bugs. ;)
I think you're showing off your trailer hitch.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I picked up the car last night, and it is awesome. It was overwhelming to drive at first, but it did not take too long to get more comfortable. I have grown used to the surround-view camera, which will be an adjustment. The car is silky smooth, comfortable, and drives effortlessly. It is weird how it feels like it is just sliding down the road.

Delivery was smooth, and they gave me all the time (Aurora, CO Delivery Center) I needed to check the car out. It is a new facility, so they are not too busy. The checklist was beneficial and kept me from getting too excited. All mats, key fobs, and truck pieces were there.

A few minor issues that I have submitted service tickets for already.
  • Misaligned exterior trim on front driver side - Delivery said that is the best they can do, but I think we can do better
  • Decent size scratch on the rear driver side trim - Noticed at detailer they said it might buff out
  • Misaligned interior trim on front passenger side - Delivery said there might not be much they can do but this needs to be improved
  • A couple of exterior scuffs should come out at the detailer - I submitted a ticket just in case they do not
The car is out for coating and tint for the rest of the week, but I have attached a few quick pics. I also attached pics of misaligned pieces. I am looking forward to getting the car back on Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_3758.jpg
    IMG_3758.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    697 KB · Views: 91
Decided to quit monitoring EDD daily. Of course, I looked after one week and found a VIN with a delivery date of next week. No notification from Tesla but confirmed with dealer that the car is in transit. (LR/white/black/19" ordered a year ago). I'll obtain a trade-in value from Tesla for my 2018 M3 and have a quote from Carvana. Anyone else I should ask for a M3 purchase quote? I'm reading the thread to see what flaws others have found in recent deliveries. Am I forgetting anything important at this step? Seems a bit surreal after the wait...

Any good floor mats people are getting that fit well on the new refreshes?
The refresh mats are a step above the old S mats. In fact, for now, Ive been using the stock mats and vaccuming them thoroughly once a week or so and I like them. I may eventually get some aftermarket mats but for now, the carpeted ones arent bad at all

Yeah sure: sometime late last year, a list of hardware and software changes destined to be implemented around the time they switched to the 2022 model year surfaced online, and among those changes, there was a mention of an in car, forward facing radar. This would likely be used to determine if there are occupants still in the car, i.e. if someone had left their children in the car by accident. So this high resolution radar that was just published on the patents is likely for that purpose, since Tesla is still quite set on using Tesla Vision for AP and FSD.
Why wouldn’t they just use vision for that too? Not sure in car lidar is any more “private”?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Decided to quit monitoring EDD daily. Of course, I looked after one week and found a VIN with a delivery date of next week. No notification from Tesla but confirmed with dealer that the car is in transit. (LR/white/black/19" ordered a year ago). I'll obtain a trade-in value from Tesla for my 2018 M3 and have a quote from Carvana. Anyone else I should ask for a M3 purchase quote? I'm reading the thread to see what flaws others have found in recent deliveries. Am I forgetting anything important at this step? Seems a bit surreal after the wait...

Is that the trick? I checked that app 528 times so far today. My EDD has not changed. Maybe I should deleted the app from my phone until I get a vin.