Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think better definitely depends on what aspect is most important. I currently have the standard Tesla all weather mats (the ones before they made them with more coverage), and I actually think they look the best (of the Tesla/MaxPider/TuxMat options) because I prefer a minimal look, but I want more coverage.

Some folks might like TuxMats, some may like the MaxPiders. I think I would have liked the styling of the MaxPider with the coverage of TuxMats, but I ultimately went with coverage of TuxMats (and I don't have any concerns with their styling).
Good. Competition will help pricing for customers..

Nono, just supposedly got a VIN but when I ask Tesla if they’re able to track my car they say they can’t search up the VIN because it’s supposedly not built so it’s a “phantom” VIN and will be corrected soon (i.e. removed). We’ll see what happens next few days. Did you get a VIN yet?
Had a phantom one as well. It was removed and haven’t gotten a new one yet and has been almost a month

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I just got an update on delivery, stating the week from Dec 1st. Not sure how serious I should take this.. 🥱

My car is a lease car, so am only getting updates through the lease company.
Previous EDD was week of June 30th, which they communicated in March, first update since then that I got.

Any other Europeans received any news from Tesla recently?
No news here in Europe :(

First road trip in My 2022 MSLR.
Trip from Southern Illinois to Wester North Carolina
1200-mile round trip
Car functioned flawlessly. Quiet and smooth with no creaks or leaks.

Charging at superchargers was particularly easy. Trying to find other charges (that worked) was particularly difficult. Not sure how other EV owners get charge outside big cities when traveling. Hints on finding alternate charging welcome. I've owned a Model3 for 3 years but have only charged at home.
At my destination I was able to plug into a standard outlet and get 5 to 6 miles of charge and hour. Good thing I carry a 12-gauge 100ft extension cable. outlets are not always covenant.

The car feels big. I have not owned a full-size sedan in years, and it took me a bit to get used to the cars size. Would love to see Tesla come out with a MS coupe with a shorter wheelbase. Would never call the MS nimble. Quick. Fast. Powerful, but never nimble. Even the throttle seems a bit heavy for my taste.

One peddle driving is the best. Might have used the brakes 4 or 5 times in 1200 miles.

Used "autosteer" (not FSD) quite a bit. Overall worked very well, but far from flawless. 3 or 4 Phantom braking incidents in the middle of the interstate, usually after a car or truck took an exit. One braking incident was change in pavement texture. Car would sometime wonder as exits would approach. I still think FSD is 5 years away and would be hard to justify $12K. I think if you are paying $100k+ for a MS or MX FSD should be included, especially if the product is still in beta.
Maybe add FSD to the Plaid to set it apart. People with FSD chime in. What do you think?

The yoke is good. In many ways superior to a standard wheel. Cruising long range is easy and natural.

I believe the music apps are inferior to CarPlay. Sirius disappears at times and other app give too little info. Streaming from my phone give very few options forcing me to use my device to easily get playlist or expand artist and album selection.
The large screen is not used to its full potential. I'm not a user experience professional (but my wife is) and I would say much more could be done with the expansive real-estate provided.

Placement of the turn signal is just dumb. Would much rather use the scroll wheel, a toggle, or dedicated buttons on either side of the yoke.

Storage is great. The sub-trunk fit 2 duffle bags leaving the whole cargo area for my dogs

Voice control works well and is intuitive.

I did not buy this car to save money on gas or to save the planet. I purchased a Tesla because I like power and tech. I like Elon's vision and have invested in Tesla's future. it only makes sense to buy the cars.

I know this post goes all over the place
Point is the car is very good and would be difficult to go back to buying ICE vehicles.
Fantastic quick review and thoughts!

"Would never call the MS nimble."

Have you tried the suspension in Sport mode? I drove the car in Auto for the first month and might have sold it if there weren't a firmer suspension setting. Zero handling in the Auto setting ... just my opinion of course! (it's still not nimble, but it's a huge improvement IMHO)

Fantastic quick review and thoughts!

"Would never call the MS nimble."

Have you tried the suspension in Sport mode? I drove the car in Auto for the first month and might have sold it if there weren't a firmer suspension setting. Zero handling in the Auto setting ... just my opinion of course! (it's still not nimble, but it's a huge improvement IMHO)
I always say, keep it firm. Then nimbleness comes naturally. 😁

Providing an update here.
MSLR White/Cream 19"

Ordered 2022 March
EDD was all over the place until June.

June 27 I got an EDD of June 20 - July 15, within a day I was assigned a vin and given a hard delivery date of June 30. End of quarter rush I guess. Scrambled for insurance quotes. AAA quoted me 500 a month, yes, 500 a month. Tesla only 170 for the same coverage.

Delivery day, I showed up to the show room. Associate tells me oh JK your car got canceled. Really irritated TBH since on my drive to the show room I received a text telling me the car was ready. At EOD, EDD pushed to July 4 - July 15

July 5, my EDD is pushed to 9/17 - 11/12, vin disappears.

July 13, I just got a new vin but EDD still 9/17 - 11/12, no ones reached out to me yet.

Ah, sorry. IMHO, there will be no MS or MX for Europe for some time.

Why?

Because if you're ever used the Yoke from Hell on a roundabout, you'll know just how insane Elon's "Idea for Better Steering" really is. Ditto for "turn-signals-on-a-yoke-spoke."

Thus, I predict that there will, hopefully, be a "Round Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Stalk" option as standard equipment for Europe. But to make that happen someone has to tell Elon about it, and everyone that tells Elon things he doesn't like/want to hear typically/probably gets fired . . . .

This makes it hard to make progress on getting the refreshed MS and MX to Europe.
I have plenty of roundabouts where I live (4 within 1 mile of me, plus plenty more throughout the city) and I find the yoke is really easy to use and NBD at all on a roundabout. You get used to it after a few weeks and IMHO you will get acclimated to it quickly even with roundabouts.

(Now the turn signal buttons on the yoke took me a bit longer and after 5 months I'm 98% good at hitting the right one)

Almost everything. Depending on the 3rd party app you use. Even keyless driving. But it does not use NFC or BT so you do have to use the app on your watch.

Tesla does not have a watch app yet. However you can use apps like Stats, Tessie, and EVwatch. See above for what you can do.

Not through Tesla, no.

Correct.

Correct.

Exactly. And even drive.
Can I use one of those Apple watch apps so I could drive my Plaid without needing my iPhone or a key card?
My iPhone works 100% of the time, but it would be nice to use the watch sometimes for a quick run somewhere.

Providing an update here.
MSLR White/Cream 19"

Ordered 2022 March
EDD was all over the place until June.

June 27 I got an EDD of June 20 - July 15, within a day I was assigned a vin and given a hard delivery date of June 30. End of quarter rush I guess. Scrambled for insurance quotes. AAA quoted me 500 a month, yes, 500 a month. Tesla only 170 for the same coverage.

Delivery day, I showed up to the show room. Associate tells me oh JK your car got canceled. Really irritated TBH since on my drive to the show room I received a text telling me the car was ready. At EOD, EDD pushed to July 4 - July 15

July 5, my EDD is pushed to 9/17 - 11/12, vin disappears.

July 13, I just got a new vin but EDD still 9/17 - 11/12, no ones reached out to me yet.
This is why I'm really close to moving on from my order. The customer experience and the quality seem awful for a $100K+ car.

It seems as if they pushed a change in the VIN issuing system recently that was... not good, haha. I've read of at least a half dozen people on here reporting they were assigned a VIN that didn't exist. Before that, a few people would have a VIN disassociated from their account but it was generally because the car had issues and wasn't ready for delivery, but it indeed was a real car.

Hopefully they back out that change and go back to the old monkey-based one that, erratic as it might have been, never assigned "ghost cars" to people, giving them false hope.

Nono, just supposedly got a VIN but when I ask Tesla if they’re able to track my car they say they can’t search up the VIN because it’s supposedly not built so it’s a “phantom” VIN and will be corrected soon (i.e. removed). We’ll see what happens next few days. Did you get a VIN yet?
Has the VIN stayed in for you? The one I was issued has and when I look it up under "Tesla Service", it does show as a valid VIN with year and model, if I change the last number of my VIN down one it comes up with "Please check the VIN entered.". Not sure if that means anything or not but it does keep hope alive.

My estimated delivery date is holding steady at July 29-August 19. I accepted the trade-in on my BMW about 2-3 after they called 3rd week of June. The trade credit is applied to the cost in my tesla account. I wonder if the trade will still expire in 30 days if they do not complete delivery by end of this month? I don't see anything about an expiration on that trade line item like I used to the first time I submitted after order 9 months ago.

Has the VIN stayed in for you? The one I was issued has and when I look it up under "Tesla Service", it does show as a valid VIN with year and model, if I change the last number of my VIN down one it comes up with "Please check the VIN entered.". Not sure if that means anything or not but it does keep hope alive.
That's probably because your VIN hasn't been marked as sold yet, so you cannot buy any parts or service for it since its still owned by Tesla.