Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations!
What’s the original order timeframe?
Ordered Jan. 31, 2022. Original EDD was June. Moved multiple times but have been sitting on Sept. to Oct for a while now. It tightened from an 8-week window to a 6-week window last month but still went into October. Today it jumped to Aug.8-August 25. I looked up the source code on the website and don’t have a VIN yet, so we’ll see what happens.

Ordered Jan. 31, 2022. Original EDD was June. Moved multiple times but have been sitting on Sept. to Oct for a while now. It tightened from an 8-week window to a 6-week window last month but still went into October. Today it jumped to Aug.8-August 25. I looked up the source code on the website and don’t have a VIN yet, so we’ll see what happens.
Exciting! Hoping to see a change on mine!

Picked up a nail in one of my rear 21 inch OEM tires. FYI - after 2 hours plus of searching online / calls to local service centers these tires are not available any time in the near future. My local tire shop (which is excellent) exhausted every vendor and connection they had with no joy. Service center said they couldn’t source (even from Fremont?). Ordered a pair of non Michelins for the rear to get my car back on the road before September… amazing.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Picked up a nail in one of my rear 21 inch OEM tires. FYI - after 2 hours plus of searching online / calls to local service centers these tires are not available any time in the near future. My local tire shop (which is excellent) exhausted every vendor and connection they had with no joy. Service center said they couldn’t source (even from Fremont?). Ordered a pair of non Michelins for the rear to get my car back on the road before September… amazing.
Signature Wheels has had good success with the Mercedes Spec 315 on a 10.5” rear. I’m not 100% sure if it fits with the factory offset though. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-4s

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Signature Wheels has had good success with the Mercedes Spec 315 on a 10.5” rear. I’m not 100% sure if it fits with the factory offset though. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-4s
I had big problems with the Michelin PS4S 315s. They are .5" larger diameter than the 295s and that seemed to be the root of the problems. My location was constantly off when driving and things like auto opening garage doors stopped working because the car thought I was in another location. Resets did not help. Also my traction control was screwed up and I had a lot of spinning on launches. The problems went away immediately when I went back to the OEM tires.

I had big problems with the Michelin PS4S 315s. They are .5" larger diameter than the 295s and that seemed to be the root of the problems. My location was constantly off when driving and things like auto opening garage doors stopped working because the car thought I was in another location. Resets did not help. Also my traction control was screwed up and I had a lot of spinning on launches. The problems went away immediately when I went back to the OEM tires.
Interesting, it’s only a 2% difference. Isn’t there something in the latest 20.7 update about resetting tire calibration?

Interesting, it’s only a 2% difference. Isn’t there something in the latest 20.7 update about resetting tire calibration?
There might be but I'm FSD beta. I did try switching the car from 21" to 19" in the settings and then back after a while. It did not for the problems. My times were horrible with those tires because of the spinning.

Here is the slippage with the 315s:

and here is normal behavior with OEM size. Both tires are Michelin PS4S:

I'm guessing that Tesla counts tire rotations and even the relatively small difference from that .5" diameter difference was enough to cause problems.

All of the problems went away essentially immediately with the OEM tire size back on the car. And my paparazzi (my boys) are no longer embarrassed by my squealing car at the drags. :p

Last edited:
Is there a benefit on putting a screen protector on the front screen? I can see the benefit on the rear screen given that it is closer to the floor and more prone to being hit - specially by children playing.
I put a matte tempered glass one on my front screen (and back) and have really liked it. I didn't do it for the protection, but instead to reduce glare and it's done the trick.