Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone hear of a way to shut your car off, or otherwise remotely control your car in the event someone steals your car (carjack)?? Provided you still have your phone, or has access to one...
If someone carjacks you, assuming your phone key isn’t on the chargers base, you can track your car wherever it goes. So can Tesla. Get somewhere safe. Call 911.

Anyone hear of a way to shut your car off, or otherwise remotely control your car in the event someone steals your car (carjack)?? Provided you still have your phone, or has access to one...
Highly recommend enabling PIN to Drive. Can’t drive a car without entering PIN. In an attempted carjacking you can always press the two scroll wheels which would force a reboot and needing PIN.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I walked into the delivery center and asked,it is still sitting in Chicago waiting for a truck to St Louis,now scheduled to be here tomorrow,left Fremont a week ago Monday...Pete
A month ago I walked into the delivery center to ask what's going on with the forever pushed EDD range (at the time it was within 3 days of the then current EDD range), they guy looked up stuff in the computer and very seriously said I should get it within 10 days, by "the end of the month".

But of course, no VIN, so just BS.. since then the EDD shifted a couple of times.
It's like a staring contest - perhaps they're hoping I'll give up and sell it to someone for more $ at the current price.

If someone carjacks you, assuming your phone key isn’t on the chargers base, you can track your car wherever it goes. So can Tesla. Get somewhere safe. Call 911.
Thanks. It would be real nice if there was a way to throw the car into shut down mode where the displays all say, "Pull over to the nearest safe area, shut down will commence in 10 seconds"... This would be like some of the warnings I've seen here and elsewhere where the car has a major issue and informs the driver to pull over now..

Highly recommend enabling PIN to Drive. Can’t drive a car without entering PIN. In an attempted carjacking you can always press the two scroll wheels which would force a reboot and needing PIN.
The last thing you have time to do with a gun to your head is hold down two buttons for 15s.

The first thing you want after a carjacking is distance between yourself and the carjacker, not to disable him within striking distance.

The last thing you have time to do with a gun to your head is hold down two buttons for 15s.

The first thing you want after a carjacking is distance between yourself and the carjacker, not to disable him within striking distance.
The reason I initiated this security question is that since Teslas are so connected, there must be a way to remotely shut them down after the theft has taken place, when the driver is safe. I don't know how it could be done but it shure would be nice to be able to do something about getting your car back without damage to it or others along with a recording of the faces of the thugs that did it..

The reason I initiated this security question is that since Teslas are so connected, there must be a way to remotely shut them down after the theft has taken place, when the driver is safe. I don't know how it could be done but it shure would be nice to be able to do something about getting your car back without damage to it or others along with a recording of the faces of the thugs that did it..
Quick note on this: I deal with law enforcement daily and was showing a Texas Sheriff my Tesla app--with location, status, etc. HE remarked that that was the best damn auto theft deterrent he'd seen.

This newfangled technology scene. It's the pork of the future.

I thought you could limit the speed limit through the App?

Well I ordered 2/6 and still sitting at 9/5-10/17
I ordered on 3/16 an MSLR Black w/ White & FSD and my EDD has been at 9/5 -10/17 for a several weeks now. RN1167. I was at the local dealership a few days ago with a buddy picking up his MX Plaid and asked the rep to pull up the info on my car and he confirmed the dates are accurate to what I am seeing and said the company's internal system is showing the car will be built between 9/15 and 9/25. He said that could change as it gets closer, but the EDD I am seeing may not change unless it really moves on the internal side.

This might be the silliest critique I’ve ever seen. I LOL’d seeing this.

You might just be looking for reasons to be a little snarky.

;)

Nope, just trying to educate on how post well.

A wall of text is unappealing to read, at best.

Trust me, I have seen @TSLA Pilot snarky and that was not him being snarky...

I just picked up my MS LR a couple of hours ago. Apparently, as of July 1st Tesla will not include the key fobs.
I told them that I ordered my car in March 2022, and they said it was a decision by corporate that they determined that people don't use the key fobs much. My friend that has the same car said he never carries his key fob with him anymore, so maybe Tesla has a point; I have always liked the ability to open the trunk/frunk without having to open the Tesla App.
I went through most of the checklist and found a few gaps and the panel on the right(passenger side) taillight seems to be sticking out a little from where the trunk is. I think the Key Fobs not being given out is annoying.

I also noticed the braking felt as if there was something wrong with the brakes; as if there is air in the brake lines. When I pressed the brake pedal the car didn't seem to want to stop unless I really forced it; which then gave me a bad score towards the FSD beta.

I just picked up my MS LR a couple of hours ago. Apparently, as of July 1st Tesla will not include the key fobs.
I told them that I ordered my car in March 2022, and they said it was a decision by corporate that they determined that people don't use the key fobs much. My friend that has the same car said he never carries his key fob with him anymore, so maybe Tesla has a point; I have always liked the ability to open the trunk/frunk without having to open the Tesla App.
I went through most of the checklist and found a few gaps and the panel on the right(passenger side) taillight seems to be sticking out a little from where the trunk is. I think the Key Fobs not being given out is annoying.

I also noticed the braking felt as if there was something wrong with the brakes; as if there is air in the brake lines. When I pressed the brake pedal the car didn't seem to want to stop unless I really forced it; which then gave me a bad score towards the FSD beta.
I think the fobs may be left over inventory from the old days. They finally exhausted them and stop providing. You probably will not miss them too much. As for the brake, it may need some breaking in as with any fresh brake pads. In my case, my Model 3 brakes are more firm than my MS LR. May be MS is heavier. I never felt I do not get the stopping power, however.