Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD moved to 8/21-8/25 and VIN assigned! Ordered Oct 2021 so it's about time!
You may also get a call from your local Tesla store making sure everything is ready to go and you may be able to accept delivery earlier than what the app tells you. They would make the adjustment on their end and it will be updated on your Tesla app and on the website after they do it.
One thing I learned is you should NOT take delivery in the app until you are sure you want the car. Although my car was nearly perfect; it did have some flaws, but I have never seen any car manufacturer that doesn't have imperfections.

How does it look when you PPF partially? (not the entire car)
5y ago our Porsche dealer put clear bra on my wife's Macan and it shows...
That was my concern going in. I was only going to do the hood, front, and front fenders. The detailer suggested doing the entire sides because it would indeed be noticeable if the front fender was done and not the doors. He said it’s not noticeable when it goes from side to top> He just happens to have a new red X and that’s how he did it. I thought it looked really good. I didn’t notice where it was and wasn’t covered in PPF unless I looked really close. But we discussed it and he said if after he’s done I notice a difference and want to wrap the rest, he would do that. It was a couple thousand dollars more and he didn’t feel it would be needed. We’ll see later this week.

Auto detail doctor near Pataskala. He ceramic coated my Camaro a couple years ago and I appreciated his attention to detail. Here’s a pic. For my Tesla (Christine), he is putting PPF on the front, hood, side mirrors, and along both sides plus ceramic coating the entire car for $6500. He uses Suntek Reaction film.
If you are going to ceramic coat the entire car it kind of defeats the purpose of using Suntek Reaction since it has it built in so to speak. I have Reaction on my whole car and personally I’m not impressed with its hydrophobic abilities compared to an applied ceramic coating. I would save the money and just have him install Suntek Ultra if you are going to have him ceramic coat the whole car. I have Untra on another car with ceramic coating and I feel it’s better.

Also $6,500 seems a lot, my whole car only cost me $4,800 with Reaction although it could be location.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If you are going to ceramic coat the entire car it kind of defeats the purpose of using Suntek Reaction since it has it built in so to speak. I have Reaction on my whole car and personally I’m not impressed with its hydrophobic abilities compared to an applied ceramic coating. I would save the money and just have him install Suntek Ultra if you are going to have him ceramic coat the whole car. I have Untra on another car with ceramic coating and I feel it’s better.

Also $6,500 seems a lot, my whole car only cost me $4,800 with Reaction although it could be location.
That’s good info. However, for me, the car is half finished so it’s a couple days too late. 😞

Just to clarify the price, that $6500 is with the ceramic coating included. I had my Camaro ceramic coated by this gentleman a few years ago and it still looks great. If his prices are a little higher than others, I’m willing to pay because dealing with him now on my second car, I really appreciate his attention to detail and how upfront and honest he’s been. He sends me unsolicited updates throughout and has been super flexible. I had a PPF applied to my truck prior to finding this guy and the quality at that place was not nearly as good.

In saying all this, I’m not trying to advertise for him. I’m just trying to be honest with my experiences.

My MSLR that was delivered 10 days ago came with a mobile charger and also with a 128GB Tesla USB stick inserted into the globe box USB port. I thought that Tesla no longer included the mobile charger with the model S (?), and I have no idea whether they include a USB stick with new cars currently. What is the current policy? The reason I ask is that my car has 6 defects, and I'm wondering if they are giving me a unit that has been around the block... If there is a way to check, I think I'm going to look into the factory start date, factory completion date and delivery date.

My MSLR that was delivered 10 days ago came with a mobile charger and also with a 128GB Tesla USB stick inserted into the globe box USB port. I thought that Tesla no longer included the mobile charger with the model S (?), and I have no idea whether they include a USB stick with new cars currently. What is the current policy? The reason I ask is that my car has 6 defects, and I'm wondering if they are giving me a unit that has been around the block... If there is a way to check, I think I'm going to look into the factory start date, factory completion date and delivery date.
The mobile charger is still included in any cars ordered before a certain date. My car came with it yesterday. I also have several flaws but I think flaws are just a Tesla thing and not indicative of it being around the block. My car has several issues and it was built a few weeks ago. Don’t know about the USB though.

They include the mobile charger with cars that were ordered (not delivered) before they announced it would no longer come, if you order after that announcement you'll no longer get one.

As for the USB stick, every Tesla comes with this (specifically for dashcam usage).

They include the mobile charger with cars that were ordered (not delivered) before they announced it would no longer come, if you order after that announcement you'll no longer get one.

As for the USB stick, every Tesla comes with this (specifically for dashcam usage).
Ok, cool, thanks. That explains it. (Of course I didn't even know they included the mobile charger because my frunk didn't open... took me a few days to figure out I could open it by pulling up on the hood while the latch was popped to clear the second latch that was caught)

Last edited:
Hey guys, going to post an update here for any parties interesting regarding my new MSLR. I will precede this with I love the car so people don't flame me for shitting on the car. Just want to inform others of similar issues.

Its been 800 miles and my suspension is having the groan and creaking issue during low speeds, turning, and adjustment.
My mirrors no longer fold. I almost crashed since I haven't gotten used to using the cameras yet and rely on my mirrors still.
My rear passenger doors sometimes can't open from the outside.
The cover behind my rear view mirror fell off.
My fans can't adjust vertically.

It's embarrassing when friends sit in my car and see all these issues. They think i'm dumb for blowing 120 grand on this. Oh well, hope service appointment will fix this crap.

I love the Signature Performance Wheels. Here’s a link that compare the OEM 21” and Signature SV104 19” with All Season tires. I use these for road trips and winter driving.
Post in thread 'Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.'
Vendor - Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.
Looks awesome then I saw the $$ and that was just the rims for 5k. Just spent about 100k already think the wife would cause me to disappear

Got my delivery in Orlando. I've had three Teslas already so I set my expectations low so I wouldn't et too aggravated with such a great car being delivered by a company that doesn't care. Quite frankly they exceeded my expectations on the down side though. Lights were on outside and car exterior was filthy with adhesive residue on the windows, roof and several body panels. I pointed out that the car needed cleaned or at least somewhat detailed and the excuse was it rained...are you kidding me? On a 100k car Ive got to go get a detail on delivery day no less. Two decent chips in the door too... When someone catches up to this company (and they will) it will be too late for them to salvage any reputation they had. Sorry I just needed to vent...love the car...but damn.

Got my delivery in Orlando. I've had three Teslas already so I set my expectations low so I wouldn't et too aggravated with such a great car being delivered by a company that doesn't care. Quite frankly they exceeded my expectations on the down side though. Lights were on outside and car exterior was filthy with adhesive residue on the windows, roof and several body panels. I pointed out that the car needed cleaned or at least somewhat detailed and the excuse was it rained...are you kidding me? On a 100k car Ive got to go get a detail on delivery day no less. Two decent chips in the door too... When someone catches up to this company (and they will) it will be too late for them to salvage any reputation they had. Sorry I just needed to vent...love the car...but damn.
Apparently, the Tesla Company is trying to match Elon’s ego and his lack of caring about his customers.😬😬

When you get your email survey you can give feedback, but I don’t know if anyone cares. I’m sorry your delivery was subpar.

Ivan was my delivery guy. I was lucky this time. Orlando facility is way too crowded.

Drive your new car in good health!

back with a random question for the experienced owners. I charge our Model S overnight to 80% limit typically. Sometimes when I go to get in the car the next day the car is sitting at 83% today. Is that normal? It is not always like this but it has happened more than once.
Mine does it once in a while. It did it more when it was new though.

Actually I have not seen it in a couple of weeks now that I think about it. How old is your car?

Never mind..I see June 25th...duh