Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this your first Tesla? Welcome to the Tesla family. We kept coming back for more of the Tesla service.
Lol. Yes, my first one. It’s a shame. The car is flawless and drives better than I expected. My wife and I have quickly adjusted to the yoke and one pedal driving. I can‘t say anything bad about the car (yet), but customer service has me scratching my head. The front line people I dealt with were great and understood my issues. The problem was once they went up to management to figure out what they could do. They found out the answer is nothing.

Lol. Yes, my first one. It’s a shame. The car is flawless and drives better than I expected. My wife and I have quickly adjusted to the yoke and one pedal driving. I can‘t say anything bad about the car (yet), but customer service has me scratching my head. The front line people I dealt with were great and understood my issues. The problem was once they went up to management to figure out what they could do. They found out the answer is nothing.
A few years ago, I meant 2014 and later when Model S was the only model. They did have customer service and there was actually a link in the Apps to escalate your issue to someone who could bend the rules. Long gone. Now is follow the book. Take it or leave it. Sighs!!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Took delivery yesterday, 11mo + 6 days after original order.
Everything was perfect. Quick process for everything, trade-in, they even helped with transferring the plates from trade-in.
Picked it up 48 miles away and this was the first time I ever drove a Tesla :)
I was amazed that 100% of the time for the whole trip home I did not have to touch the break pedal even once.
Needless to day, I've been playing with its features ever since...

I couldn't find any fault with the build.

Some things (not software-related) below expectations:
- A bit of weirdness with signal buttons.
- The yoke obscures the left bottom edge of the screen.
- No front cameras for parking nose first (to have confidence you don't hit a curb) - perhaps because I'm used to a Corvette's front cameras
- Road noise is more than I expected (it's lower than a Porsche Macan though)

Everything else: above expectation.

Going for PPF + ceramic protection combo on Monday.

Specs:
Midnight Silver Metallic
21" Arachnid wheels
Cream/Walnut
Full self-driving

Took delivery yesterday, 11mo + 6 days after original order.
Everything was perfect. Quick process for everything, trade-in, they even helped with transferring the plates from trade-in.
Picked it up 48 miles away and this was the first time I ever drove a Tesla :)
I was amazed that 100% of the time for the whole trip home I did not have to touch the break pedal even once.
Needless to day, I've been playing with its features ever since...

I couldn't find any fault with the build.

Some things (not software-related) below expectations:
- A bit of weirdness with signal buttons.
- The yoke obscures the left bottom edge of the screen.
- No front cameras for parking nose first (to have confidence you don't hit a curb) - perhaps because I'm used to a Corvette's front cameras
- Road noise is more than I expected (it's lower than a Porsche Macan though)

Everything else: above expectation.

Going for PPF + ceramic protection combo on Monday.

Specs:
Midnight Silver Metallic
21" Arachnid wheels
Cream/Walnut
Full self-driving
Welcome to Yoke-world! Overall you will be amazed with the car. As you’re finding out. 😀

So I took delivery of my'22 MSLR (refresh lights but no tilt screen) on March 23 after waiting 380 days or so for the car. When I had waited seven frustrating months I also ordered a 580 EQS. The EQS is waiting for me at the Port of Los Angeles (short hold as Mercedes supposedly has not released the 2023's). I am buying it at sticker and then deciding which car to keep. Everything I have read and researched leads me to believe I will choose the EQS. This is my second MS and I think the EQS might be a nice change of pace.

The Tesla has about 11,000 miles in its six months of ownership. I have replaced two 21" tires (same wheel coincidently). It works fine mostly. No rattles that bug me. The main screen reboots almost every afternoon when I get in the car. The AC is nice and cold. The FSD was bait and switch. After spending $10K I will never have a safety score high enough to qualify. I bought the car at a price $25K lower than it is selling for today so I assume I can sell it for more than I paid (with tax) - I did spend $3K for ceramic coating and ceramic tint.

What would you do?

So I took delivery of my'22 MSLR (refresh lights but no tilt screen) on March 23 after waiting 380 days or so for the car. When I had waited seven frustrating months I also ordered a 580 EQS. The EQS is waiting for me at the Port of Los Angeles (short hold as Mercedes supposedly has not released the 2023's). I am buying it at sticker and then deciding which car to keep. Everything I have read and researched leads me to believe I will choose the EQS. This is my second MS and I think the EQS might be a nice change of pace.

The Tesla has about 11,000 miles in its six months of ownership. I have replaced two 21" tires (same wheel coincidently). It works fine mostly. No rattles that bug me. The main screen reboots almost every afternoon when I get in the car. The AC is nice and cold. The FSD was bait and switch. After spending $10K I will never have a safety score high enough to qualify. I bought the car at a price $25K lower than it is selling for today so I assume I can sell it for more than I paid (with tax) - I did spend $3K for ceramic coating and ceramic tint.

What would you do?
If I were in your position, I would hang onto the MSLR for a month or two and try to daily drive the EQS to determine how much you like it. If you determine it’s a better fit for you, sell the Model S. Inevitably, you will end up wanting to drive the one that you like the most. Good luck.

My 2022 Model LR just got assigned a VIN and I'm trying to get it moved later and the service advisor said they might be able to push it to November. Any idea, if it will end up being a 2023? Also, I'm thinking of changing my order from 21" to 19", does anyone know if Tesla let's you change wheels before delivery?

thanks!

My 2022 Model LR just got assigned a VIN and I'm trying to get it moved later and the service advisor said they might be able to push it to November. Any idea, if it will end up being a 2023? Also, I'm thinking of changing my order from 21" to 19", does anyone know if Tesla let's you change wheels before delivery?

thanks!
I received my Plaid in November hoping they would switch to 2022 model year and it didn’t. Ended up 2021.

Pictured with fresh PPF, Ceramic Coating and Tint. If you are in Utah, I would highly recommend Steam Team in Bluffdale. They do great work and it cost about $2900 for all three services. Other places are double the price, and the work they did is flawless.

Attachments

• IMG_6375.JPEG
    IMG_6375.JPEG
    409.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6372.JPEG
    IMG_6372.JPEG
    485.5 KB · Views: 92
I picked up my MSM Model S on September 15th. Short version: No issues at delivery, got PPF, love the car!

Longer version:
Delivery Day: My pickup dates were set for September 13-15 and, as luck would have it, the only time I had between those dates was the last appointment on the 15th. When I arrived (early), the service advisor was assisting someone with a Model X so I had a chance to chat up another advisor while I was waiting. He suggested AP3 in Atlanta for PPF and ceramic if I was interested and stated that he had a very good experience with them, but they were pricey. More on that shortly.

When my service advisor came, he walked me through finalizing paperwork and allowing me to see the car. Took about 15 minutes for paperwork and about twice that inspecting the car. I did not go over it with a fine toothed comb, but there were no major issues that I saw.

Driving experience. Coming from a 2019 Model 3, there is no question that the Model S is a different car. Right away you can tell this is a premium vehicle over the 3. Everything feels super solid and the ride quality is outstanding. I am still trying to get used to the size of the car. I don't yet have a feel for curbs yet, but, thankfully, I haven't hit any. The one big thing that I had no problems getting used to was the yoke. I rode several places with my adult daughter as a passenger over the weekend and I asked her whether she had any impression as a passenger whether the yoke was a problem. She did not notice it was a problem for me, but she was apprehensive whether she would be able to drive it. When I told her of some of the ridiculous videos of people overexaggerating (in my opinion) the difficulty in turning the car, she laughed.

Detailing. So, after doing some research, I decided to get PPF, but not to go with AP3. I went with Atlanta Protective Films in Roswell, GA and they did a full front coverage wrap, rocker panels and rear impact area for what it cost AP3 to do just the front. Also AP3 had about a 2 week wait where I was lucky enough to get an appointment with APF today. I am very impressed with their work and would certainly recommend them if you are in the Atlanta area. www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com. I am attaching a couple of pictures of my car, but they also sent me a link to some of their work on other vehicles. www.flickr.com/photos/atlantaprotectivefilms. I am debating whether to tint the windows, but I will take my time on that since that is more aesthetics than keeping the car from showing rock damage.

Final thoughts. I still have not done a 0-60 launch yet (Atlanta traffic :mad:) but there will be plenty of time for that. All in all, like many have said, once the car gets here, you forget all the stress of waiting...assuming you have a good build quality. Definitely looking forward to driving this car for many years to come.

Attachments

• 20220919_165740.jpg
    20220919_165740.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220919_165726.jpg
    20220919_165726.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 85

What would you do?
I would keep driving the LR until you get the EQS. Dump the LR, drive the EQS for awhile then sell it and get a 2023/24 PLAID. Obviously you can afford it and why not have the fastest rocket ship in the neighborhood! 😄