Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, an improved rear brake pad.
Looks like an improved rear brake caliper... cover?

FphKEk1akAE-fw2.jpeg

Nope, still here. I'm surprised by these changes. Cameras can't make up for the lack of ultrasonics when parking close to another vehicle in front of you. And if these red-calipered Teslas have no additional bumper cameras, these are going to be inferior cars, period.

This is classic Tesla, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the first thousand they sell have the red calipers, and perhaps upgraded cameras, and then a switch to HW4 with these new cameras + additional cameras. Tesla has proven time and time again they really don't care about pissing off their customer base as they can easily sell cars to some other newbie who's not aware.
Agree with everything you just said. Grab those great deal inventory cars while you can! At least you can park them with the confidence of not hitting something. only time till tesla nerfs them on current uss equipped cars like the radar.

Reactions: WilliamG
Yea really ... Teslarati wouldn't know.

Also, the HD Radar could easily replace forward facing cameras for distance sensors ... i.e., USS replacement, etc.

Point is, we still don't know what HW4 is exactly and everything we've seen so far could just be various test articles.
It’s not as of yet. Go to the model Y threads. They are a little Upset to say the least.

"Demo vehicle" with less than 50 miles (AKA brand new, but they need a way to discount these without drawing attention). There are numerous threads with people getting these "demo" cars with under 10 miles on the clock. In this case, the price is $5k off a base Plaid, but it comes with the 21" Wheels ($4500 upgrade), and the black and white interior ($2k upgrade). So there you go, there's $11500 off the already massive $21k price drop the Plaid saw. Crazy. Worth flying to pick one of these up at this price, if you ask me...

1677030880670.png

Or if you want just the black interior, save some money:

1677031221029.png

Agree with everything you just said. Grab those great deal inventory cars while you can! At least you can park them with the confidence of not hitting something. only time till tesla nerfs them on current uss equipped cars like the radar.
"Demo vehicle" with less than 50 miles (AKA brand new, but they need a way to discount these without drawing attention). There are numerous threads with people getting these "demo" cars with under 10 miles on the clock. In this case, the price is $5k off a base Plaid, but it comes with the 21" Wheels ($4500 upgrade), and the black and white interior ($2k upgrade). So there you go, there's $11500 off the already massive $21k price drop the Plaid saw. Crazy. Worth flying to pick one of these up at this price, if you ask me...

View attachment 909883

Or if you want just the black interior, save some money:

View attachment 909885
The crazy thing is tesla wont sell them to me because I live in Nebraska. if anyone knows how to navigate this problem I am all ears.