Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how you could tell if you have HW4 or not without actually opening up the car to check?
Adam Stonier and Lake, could I ask for a favor? I scheduled my pick up for next Saturday. If your pickup happens to be earlier than mine, would you mind letting here know whether your car will have HW4? As per my prior message, my advisor said HW4 is just an internet rumor right now. But if you happen to get it, then at least I’ll go down there next Saturday knowing it exists and be ready to reject my vehicle if need be. Thank you in advance.
I have had to delay my pickup due to the fact I am travelling on business so lost my VIN. Won’t pick up now until week of 14th. Hope they don’t stick me with someone else’s reject. Mine was blue, could be just luck of the draw that those were built later.

• Informative
Reactions: inalkm and aerodyne
Also, if anyone takes delivery with the Steering WHEEL rather than YOKE, please take a bunch of pics and post. Happy that many love the yoke, but I do not and have tried both the TSportline and another one and returned them :(
My impressions of the yoke, great for highway driving, awful for city and lots of sharper turns.

Also, if anyone takes delivery with the Steering WHEEL rather than YOKE, please take a bunch of pics and post. Happy that many love the yoke, but I do not and have tried both the TSportline and another one and returned them :(
And regardless of steering control input device style, pics of the horn button...I might spring for a "not a yoke" if it had an improved horn location.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
And regardless of steering control input device style, pics of the horn button...I might spring for a "not a yoke" if it had an improved horn location.
There's no ideal solution, honestly. We know the yoke isn't great for some situations, but at least you know where the turn signals are at all times because of the unique shape. With a wheel, that's likely trickier. I'd like to see an OEM steering-wheel Model S in person before I commit to the retrofit.

Not sure how you could tell if you have HW4 or not without actually opening up the car to check?

I'm sure Tesla could spoof what the car tells you, but in my 2018 S, it tells you on the Software page what hardware version you have (mine is 2.5). I mean, you would hope they would make it say whatever it really is but you know, they can make it saw whatever they want.

To me it's about that radar that was in the leaked images of HW 4. I get that we might get nicer cameras and maybe a little bit more processing power, but to me it's all about the new radar if that somehow offsets / lessens the loss of USS. New cameras would also be nice for Sentry Mode. But for me, still can't wait to get my plaid and it will be an added bonus to get HW 4. If I had to bet money, a version 5 hardware will be out before they make it good enough FOR ME to want to use it on a regular basis.

I'm sure that for some buyers, they may look at my 2018 with v2.5 as a downside since v3 came out, but there will be buyers for it regardless. Same with the plaids with v3 vs v4. They are insanely fun and nice cars.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
There's no ideal solution, honestly. We know the yoke isn't great for some situations, but at least you know where the turn signals are at all times because of the unique shape. With a wheel, that's likely trickier. I'd like to see an OEM steering-wheel Model S in person before I commit to the retrofit.
Me too. I'm steering input device agnostic.

Now, have not heard anyone say they like the horn button as it is currently.

Reactions: WilliamG
I'm sure Tesla could spoof what the car tells you, but in my 2018 S, it tells you on the Software page what hardware version you have (mine is 2.5). I mean, you would hope they would make it say whatever it really is but you know, they can make it saw whatever they want.

To me it's about that radar that was in the leaked images of HW 4. I get that we might get nicer cameras and maybe a little bit more processing power, but to me it's all about the new radar if that somehow offsets / lessens the loss of USS. New cameras would also be nice for Sentry Mode. But for me, still can't wait to get my plaid and it will be an added bonus to get HW 4. If I had to bet money, a version 5 hardware will be out before they make it good enough FOR ME to want to use it on a regular basis.

I'm sure that for some buyers, they may look at my 2018 with v2.5 as a downside since v3 came out, but there will be buyers for it regardless. Same with the plaids with v3 vs v4. They are insanely fun and nice cars.
My 3 used to list what hardware I had in Additional vehicle information under the software tab, but it just says "Full Self Driving Computer" and not the number

Adam Stonier and Lake, could I ask for a favor? I scheduled my pick up for next Saturday. If your pickup happens to be earlier than mine, would you mind letting here know whether your car will have HW4? As per my prior message, my advisor said HW4 is just an internet rumor right now. But if you happen to get it, then at least I’ll go down there next Saturday knowing it exists and be ready to reject my vehicle if need be. Thank you in advance.
I'm in the SW part of Virginia and Tesla is giving me a hard time about moving my delivery location to Tennessee, so probably delaying my delivery now. If anyone has experience with this let me know, but I have had all my Teslas delivered out of state as a Virginia resident with no issue. Tesla is saying due to recent changes if you register a car in VA you must take delivery in VA?

I'm in the SW part of Virginia and Tesla is giving me a hard time about moving my delivery location to Tennessee, so probably delaying my delivery now. If anyone has experience with this let me know, but I have had all my Teslas delivered out of state as a Virginia resident with no issue. Tesla is saying due to recent changes if you register a car in VA you must take delivery in VA?
Bummer. I guess some regulatory reason as to why they are restricted with the delivery state vs registration state. I live in Michigan and bought cars in Wisconsin and Minnesota before. The only issue was that dealer couldn’t register the vehicle for me, hence I had to do it myself. Otherwise, never did I ever have a dealer tell me they can’t sell me a car because I’m from a different state. I’m not understanding this, either.

Bummer. I guess sgulatory reason as to why they are restricted with the delivery state vs registration state. I live in Michigan and bought cars in Wisconsin and Minnesota before. The only issue was that dealer couldn’t register the vehicle for me, hence I had to do it myself. Otherwise, never did I ever have a dealer tell me they can’t sell me a car because I’m from a different state. I’m not understanding this, eithe
Bummer. I guess some regulatory reason as to why they are restricted with the delivery state vs registration state. I live in Michigan and bought cars in Wisconsin and Minnesota before. The only issue was that dealer couldn’t register the vehicle for me, hence I had to do it myself. Otherwise, never did I ever have a dealer tell me they can’t sell me a car because I’m from a different state. I’m not understanding this, either.
tax