Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's great that the price dropped, but I am concerned about not having USS and not knowing what the cameras will or won't provide. I'm on the fence as to whether I will take delivery now as a result. Being new to Tesla and coming from prior cars with surround view cameras, it's a concern. What do you all think?

It's great that the price dropped, but I am concerned about not having USS and not knowing what the cameras will or won't provide. I'm on the fence as to whether I will take delivery now as a result. Being new to Tesla and coming from prior cars with surround view cameras, it's a concern. What do you all think?
I’m leaving on getting something with USS.

It’s been almost two years since I’ve gotten my Tesla Vision MY and they *still* haven’t gotten the functions in parity with the older radar cars.

Reactions: aerodyne
I’m leaving on getting something with USS.

It’s been almost two years since I’ve gotten my Tesla Vision MY and they *still* haven’t gotten the functions in parity with the older radar cars.
I will likely do the same. As much as I want the speed of the Plaid, there are too many concerns I have with the braking and handling...especially coming from a Taycan Turbo that was a blast to drive. Unfortunately the car died and I am still dealing with Porsche to release me from my lease obligation. What a pain in the ass....

I’ll be the guinea pig. Never had/used USS before since this is my first Tesla. I don’t know what I don’t know… I pick my Plaid on Thursday now.

I’ll be the guinea pig. Never had/used USS before since this is my first Tesla. I don’t know what I don’t know… I pick my Plaid on Thursday now.
Best of luck with everything on Thursday. I have asked several others here as well. If you also would not mind sharing details about your delivery here, it would greatly be appreciated. HW4 is a big one of course, if it happens to be possible to know that as you pick up the vehicle. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: elggs and Macbest
Also, did the Model S Plaid just drop in price again? Now it's $109,990... jeez.

*Edit*

Same price for the X Plaid, too. $109,990.
I was pretty excited to see this last night.

I bought at the end of Dec at $158k including the $15k FSD. Then I jumped online, did some homework and cancelled the FSD a day later. Worse case, I try a month of it via subscription down the road. Then had price cut #1 and then #2 and I’m down to $117k. Some think it’s still too much $$$ but I feel like I’ve won and gotten pretty lucky.