Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked my Ms long range, blue, black round steering wheel today In irvine ca. the service advisor said he has only seen four or five round wheels on new cars and they have abput 100 people per day picking up cars (wow)
he said I must have hw4 becuause I have the red cameras on the side (the guy i First spoke with said the did not have hw4 yet. However I think was thinking of A software upgrade which will restore the parking assist . Paint and body fitment looked good
Congrats!

When you have a chance would you be able to take a few close up photos of the round wheel material. Is it leather? Or is it rubber like the yoke.

Reactions: mm9351
I picked my Ms long range, blue, black round steering wheel today In irvine ca. the service advisor said he has only seen four or five round wheels on new cars and they have abput 100 people per day picking up cars (wow)
he said I must have hw4 becuause I have the red cameras on the side (the guy i First spoke with said the did not have hw4 yet. However I think was thinking of A software upgrade which will restore the parking assist . Paint and body fitment looked good
Did you get the new glass roof?

Why do you think radar will make those come any faster? (The radar can't see anything to the sides, or rear, of the car; so it isn't going to help with summon or park assist.)

have you seen this? the radar is going to have to make up for the blind camera spots in the front. Rear camera should see fine.
obviously they are having trouble with this implementation or it would be working now.

Reactions: aerodyne
the radar is going to have to make up for the blind camera spots in the front.
Can the radar actually see down to the ground up that close to the car? (I think it suffers from the same problem as the front cameras, probably just not to the same extent.) In any case, I highly doubt that Tesla is going to use radar for this, they are just a little behind on the switch to Tesla Vision for park assist.

Can the radar actually see down to the ground up that close to the car? (I think it suffers from the same problem as the front cameras, probably just not to the same extent.) In any case, I highly doubt that Tesla is going to use radar for this, they are just a little behind on the switch to Tesla Vision for park assist.
it’s a must for this to work in my humble opinion. (Right now it doesn’t) i have never trusted the USS fully anyway but zero help on a new 100+k car wow. (Tesla should not release a product until it works) this is a prime example of getting to big to fast.

You have the new glass if you can actually see anything through it! I will guess it is similar to MY roof which I really like.

I was unable to take a measurement of the new chrome appliques on the rear trim bar of the MS. They seem smaller than the MX. Could you please measure the height of one of the letters?

Does anyone the new curb weight of the MSP with the new roof glass panel?
Weight reduction greater than zero.

Knowing Tesla's habit of hyping things, I'd say you would never notice the weight difference, doubt you would see any change in the specs.

I'm sure there is cost savings which they won't pass onto the buyers.

OTH, those new cameras and radar weigh something.

Last edited: