Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White is a sensible color for SoCal and can be made to look great with tint and such. Just ask @Maaz
White is awesome!
BFA26438-64FE-4511-A0E9-E4B6E00C6759.jpeg
ABE293D0-15E9-495E-9179-559B3DFE64D9.jpeg

Damn how the heck did I miss you out 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ now that I think of it I guess I might have missed out others..

I came over here when I ordered model s in 2021, and they stopped the production and still remember how everyone was speculating and sharing all the post and when it will come..

Then it was the madness of who got the ViNs and what’s the logic of getting it and blah blah..

The new lights and the tail lights and omg the misalignment saga which is never gonna get over and the most important HINGE’s..

And somewhere in the middle of all of that I guess I remember someone saying one day page 4680 will come while we will still be discussing about this refresh model 😂😂 damn it took so long for me to wait to get someone to write that last post one page 4679, so I did once I couldn’t wait anymore .. 🤣🤣 I am glad I am still around and little did I know that just around the corner once we reach to this page is when I might get my Model S after just 2 years of waiting time 🎊🎊🎉🎉
Ha ha no problem! Glad you are about to get your sweet ride soon. Enjoy and don’t look back. I haven’t. Except for the damn Hinges 4.0. But where is @EndlessPlaid ? 😀

I'm currently in the process of potentially picking up a Dec 2022 built demo Model S that's discounted $20,000 CAD (nearly $15000 USD). I've been debating waiting on likely another price decrease for the model s and just getting a hw4 one in this next quarter, but I feel like with such a big discount, I likely won't go wrong buying the previous hardware. Just trying to mentally weigh my options. The disadvantage we have here in Canada is the luxury tax we pay on vehicles over $100k CAD. We get charged on new vehicles only an extra 20% tax on the amount over 100k which every Model S/X runs into. So a brand new base model s runs me an extra $7000 due to the delivery cost from tesla + the luxury tax, making the difference between the one I'm ordering and a new one up to $23000 CAD and up to $27000 CAD after tax difference. Even with a price decrease I figure it's worthwhile. I likely will change to a new model S or switch back to the X after selling my previous Plaid X in 2 years. I'm just looking for anyone else's opinion.

I'm currently in the process of potentially picking up a Dec 2022 built demo Model S that's discounted $20,000 CAD (nearly $15000 USD). I've been debating waiting on likely another price decrease for the model s and just getting a hw4 one in this next quarter, but I feel like with such a big discount, I likely won't go wrong buying the previous hardware. Just trying to mentally weigh my options. The disadvantage we have here in Canada is the luxury tax we pay on vehicles over $100k CAD. We get charged on new vehicles only an extra 20% tax on the amount over 100k which every Model S/X runs into. So a brand new base model s runs me an extra $7000 due to the delivery cost from tesla + the luxury tax, making the difference between the one I'm ordering and a new one up to $23000 CAD and up to $27000 CAD after tax difference. Even with a price decrease I figure it's worthwhile. I likely will change to a new model S or switch back to the X after selling my previous Plaid X in 2 years. I'm just looking for anyone else's opinion.

Functional USS is better than a promise of Tesla Vision enabled parking.

Imagine what 20+k would do in TSLA stock over the life of the car.

You won't get the clearer roof, and better cameras but perhaps not important in some cases.

I'm looking at redoing the badging, should be easy to do.

Oh, and you should get the larger rear screen too.

Reactions: Dagna1 and _panda
Even if the difference was a mere 5k, I'd go with the discounted version. Vision is a promise and lack of USS is annoying. You didn't mention mileage. Assuming low, I'd say go with the discounted version. Should also consider wear and condition. I think people bash demos so just look at it to ensure it's in good condition

Reactions: Dagna1 and aerodyne
Functional USS is better than a promise of Tesla Vision enabled parking.

Imagine what 20+k would do in TSLA stock over the life of the car.

You won't get the clearer roof, and better cameras but perhaps not important in some cases.

I'm looking at redoing the badging, should be easy to do.

Oh, and you should get the larger rear screen too.
Absolutely, you’re right. I guess mentally im just rationalizing it value wise. I definitely agree.

Reactions: aerodyne