Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled pickup for my Plaid for tomorrow morning.. and whew, they have called me twice today about my delivery day to ensure that I know that there are features that will not be working for a few weeks.. (their words, "in the coming weeks"). I had to accept it in the app a week or two ago too.
I have a 23 Model Y that does not have USS sensors. It updated last week with the new Tesla Vision based park assist. I have to say it works quite well. Not perfect but does an adequate job both front and rear for nearby objects.

Reactions: Nickos and lowtek
Part of a reason why I like Tesla .. they care ( please don’t bash me for what they also take away with this inclusive approach) to provide updates for customers request rather than asking for pay for the new feature and get it..

Interesting that they also plan on taking away window venting to address a non compliance with the design of the window pinch sensor.

Not bashing, just observation.

• Funny
Reactions: Vikings_DK
Interesting that they also plan on taking away window venting to address a non compliance with the design of the window pinch sensor.

Not bashing, just observation.
Damn, I was planning to use it in summers with new car 😂😂🤣🤣 one can never plan ahead until uncle ELON is there ..

I am afraid of by mistake if he completed FSD and that got acceptable to the governments, he might disable steering’s 😂😂🤣🤣

Damn, I was planning to use it in summers with new car 😂😂🤣🤣 one can never plan ahead until uncle ELON is there ..

Just read the notes before you update, then don't...for as long as possible.

I am afraid of by mistake if he completed FSD and that got acceptable to the governments, he might disable steering’s 😂😂🤣🤣
I believe if he could, he would.

Grrr so I got a call today. No pickup as the car was shipped missing a sensor. Oddly enough another car identical they had in inventory (that was shipped with my car) also is missing same sensor. Advisor said they shipped without and put holds until the sensor is delivered and installed..

Annoyed that they knew this but are failing to inform anyone or even the SCs.

Anyone else hear anything similar?

No ETA on the part.

• Informative
Reactions: Macbest and CaptUAL
Grrr so I got a call today. No pickup as the car was shipped missing a sensor. Oddly enough another car identical they had in inventory (that was shipped with my car) also is missing same sensor. Advisor said they shipped without and put holds until the sensor is delivered and installed..

Annoyed that they knew this but are failing to inform anyone or even the SCs.

Anyone else hear anything similar?

No ETA on the part.
What sensor?

• Funny
Reactions: Vikings_DK
Saw an Ultra Red X today in Glendale, CA. Glad I got to see it before taking delivery of my MSP in ultra red I had on order. It’s a beautiful red, just a little too much towards the maroon side of red for me. Switching to either white or midnight silver.

Attachments

• C9863628-9E55-480D-A576-6ED53D6F50BD.jpeg
    C9863628-9E55-480D-A576-6ED53D6F50BD.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 112
Wow! You don’t mess around. Summoning all the big guns. 😂
Damn how the heck did I miss you out 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ now that I think of it I guess I might have missed out others..

I came over here when I ordered model s in 2021, and they stopped the production and still remember how everyone was speculating and sharing all the post and when it will come..

Then it was the madness of who got the ViNs and what’s the logic of getting it and blah blah..

The new lights and the tail lights and omg the misalignment saga which is never gonna get over and the most important HINGE’s..

And somewhere in the middle of all of that I guess I remember someone saying one day page 4680 will come while we will still be discussing about this refresh model 😂😂 damn it took so long for me to wait to get someone to write that last post one page 4679, so I did once I couldn’t wait anymore .. 🤣🤣 I am glad I am still around and little did I know that just around the corner once we reach to this page is when I might get my Model S after just 2 years of waiting time 🎊🎊🎉🎉

By someone if you mean @WilliamG oh no no no no.. I can’t even dare to think of doing such a thing but “a sensor”, does sound like “a hinge” won’t operate without “a sensor”..

Since I tagged you and William , I guess I will tag a few more for the page 4680, @jebinc @cwanja @Tiger @uthatcher @Hayseed_MS

And I think Elon ( @EndlessPlaid ) as well..
BEHOLD! I AM HERE!

A hinge sensor retrofit only seems fair for the rest of us who didn't receive upgraded hinges. Fact.

(And now, of course, all the new members will arrive and subsequently leave thoroughly confused. This brings me a great deal of joy, for I am that kind of person.)

Carry on!

Saw an Ultra Red X today in Glendale, CA. Glad I got to see it before taking delivery of my MSP in ultra red I had on order. It’s a beautiful red, just a little too much towards the maroon side of red for me. Switching to either white or midnight silver.
White is a sensible color for SoCal and can be made to look great with tint and such. Just ask @Maaz

• Love
Reactions: Maaz
Damn how the heck did I miss you out 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ now that I think of it I guess I might have missed out others..

I came over here when I ordered model s in 2021, and they stopped the production and still remember how everyone was speculating and sharing all the post and when it will come..

Then it was the madness of who got the ViNs and what’s the logic of getting it and blah blah..

The new lights and the tail lights and omg the misalignment saga which is never gonna get over and the most important HINGE’s..

And somewhere in the middle of all of that I guess I remember someone saying one day page 4680 will come while we will still be discussing about this refresh model 😂😂 damn it took so long for me to wait to get someone to write that last post one page 4679, so I did once I couldn’t wait anymore .. 🤣🤣 I am glad I am still around and little did I know that just around the corner once we reach to this page is when I might get my Model S after just 2 years of waiting time 🎊🎊🎉🎉
Hey, I too came into this forum in 2021 when I got my June 2021 Plaid. I have indeed been completely enamored with the car and don’t regret missing out on all the “refreshes” that have come along. Other than the speedier and more efficient hinges of course. Being from Denmark I’m sure you are aware that so many of us end up just “tilting at windmills“ when it comes to Elon. Or are we? 🙃