Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up yesterday and the only glaring issue with the paint being too thick on the driver’s fender. They gave me three options - 1) wet sand and buff, 2) repaint bumper and fender, and 3) replace fender with repainted piece. We settled on they can try wet sanding first and if it doesn’t look great they will replace the part. What are you thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 88
I picked up yesterday and the only glaring issue with the paint being too thick on the driver’s fender. They gave me three options - 1) wet sand and buff, 2) repaint bumper and fender, and 3) replace fender with repainted piece. We settled on they can try wet sanding first and if it doesn’t look great they will replace the part. What are you thoughts?

Theey should at least separate the parts so they don't rub against each other. After that it probably does not matter, it will be covered by either dirt or a wrap (or both).

Went to pick up my new S red last week and found thick area of paint on passenger front door edge near the door handle. What the hell, do they have high school shop students running the paint booths in CA. I refused delivery of the car.

Theey should at least separate the parts so they don't rub against each other. After that it probably does not matter, it will be covered by either dirt or a wrap (or both).
Well it's not just that - I didn't provide another picture, but the paint is so thick it actually "dimples" near the driver's side camera. It's just really on thick on this fender. Do you think I should let them sand and buff or just get the part replaced. The new fender will come pre-painted. My brother in law made a good point regarding the fit and finish if the new part and how it may not look exactly like the rest of the car. He advised me to go ahead and just have them attempt the wet sand and buff first.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Ordered my MSP (Ultra Red/Cream/19/steering wheel) on 9/16 with EDD of Sep-Oct:
9/19: EDD Oct/Nov
9/25: VIN and EDD 12-19 Oct
Last night, I got a message from the nearby Tesla dealership indicating that my car should arrive by this Saturday morning, aligning with my scheduled appointment. However, they mentioned it might come in earlier. Has anyone had their vehicle delivered to the dealership ahead of schedule and managed to reschedule their delivery?

Last night, I got a message from the nearby Tesla dealership indicating that my car should arrive by this Saturday morning, aligning with my scheduled appointment. However, they mentioned it might come in earlier. Has anyone had their vehicle delivered to the dealership ahead of schedule and managed to reschedule their delivery?
I wonder if you could reach out to Tesla and ask. I had to reach out this morning via the txt message they send stuff on about changing something with my delivery and they responded within the 20 mins and helped me out.

Congrats! What Color/Options?

Yes, my scheduled pickup was 9/22 but on 9/19 they sent a messaging saying we can schedule in sooner, i didnt look at options just stuck with my 9/22 pickup as I had work and my day organized around it.

Reactions: ItalianoNC
Just got home with mine. Delivery process was quick. Carefully checked outside for 30 minutes, body lines, paint blemishes, under car etc. They wouldn't let me sit in it until I accepted but I could look inside with doors open lol. After paperwork I checked everything inside, doors, windows, seats, electronics all controls etc. After all that I came up with nothing, everything looked good to me. After some time with the car I'm sure something will pop up I missed. 2 hour drive home was great, no vibrations or rattles. About the yoke, now that I've had a little more driving time I still prefer it over a wheel in "this" car. U-turns no problem, hand position very comfortable on the interstate, no regrets.

I would add looking under the car is extremely important. You don't have to lay on the ground, just get on your knees, get your head close to the ground and you can see under it just fine.

Attachments

• plaid.jpg
    plaid.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 88
Curious what firmware version is coming with the latest plaids? I got mine in Mar and haven't received a single update. Still running 2023.2.201. Seems a bit weird but I've seen rumblings of new firmware versions but not any kind of mass release. Curious what's coming on them now.