Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree it would be a nice gesture for Tesla to give the signature owners some sort of perk (given that the company may not have taken off at all without their investment), fact of the matter is Tesla has not shown itself to be a company that rewards customer loyalty. I have no dog in this race personally, I was still a high school student when they started taking the signature reservations.

S/X sales are meaningless? S/X sales average 8.2 Billion dollars. Doesn’t seem meaningless to me.
"Growth was mainly driven by two models, as 419,088 Model 3 and Model Y vehicles were built in the fourth quarter. This compares to 20,613 Model S and X vehicles."

420 thousand 3/y vs 20k S/X. It explains why Tesla doesn't care to fix issues with the S/X and cars are still delivered in terrible condition.

"Growth was mainly driven by two models, as 419,088 Model 3 and Model Y vehicles were built in the fourth quarter. This compares to 20,613 Model S and X vehicles."

420 thousand 3/y vs 20k S/X. It explains why Tesla doesn't care to fix issues with the S/X and cars are still delivered in terrible condition.
Sorry that is a huge Assumption and exaggeration. The major of X/S models are delivered with no issues or minor at best. Mine this year was perfect and without issue. Same for most reporting back. Statements like yours are inflated by a few forum posts not the majority.

Sorry that is a huge Assumption and exaggeration. The major of X/S models are delivered with no issues or minor at best. Mine this year was perfect and without issue. Same for most reporting back. Statements like yours are inflated by a few forum posts not the majority.
I guess? Mine was awful. I gave up after 11 service visits. There were a ton of things to fix that didn't work. Backwards console light, buzzing yoke, misaligned door handles and puddle lights, passenger door interior fell off, passenger door wouldn't close right, gps antenna failed, rattling rear seats, squeaking drivers seat, etc. They got most of the things fixed after about a half a dozen visits, but they couldn't fix the half shaft vibration and the suspension squeaking over every bump.

• Helpful
Reactions: Propofoln
I guess? Mine was awful. I gave up after 11 service visits. There were a ton of things to fix that didn't work. Backwards console light, buzzing yoke, misaligned door handles and puddle lights, passenger door interior fell off, passenger door wouldn't close right, gps antenna failed, rattling rear seats, squeaking drivers seat, etc. They got most of the things fixed after about a half a dozen visits, but they couldn't fix the half shaft vibration and the suspension squeaking over every bump.
That is horrific for a $80k product, but I think bad cases like this are in minority because with 20k units sold a year, even at 1% dud rate, these forums would be flooded with people complaining.

That is horrific for a $80k product, but I think bad cases like this are in minority because with 20k units sold a year, even at 1% dud rate, these forums would be flooded with people complaining.
Um. They are. See the vibration threads. I think it got bad enough that Tesla finally has a TSB in the works in 2023.44 to address it. 2.5 years later! You think if this occurred on the 3/Y they’d have waited this long? 0% chance…

Reactions: Propofoln and teko
I believe a lot of this comes down to the good old Engineering Triangle.

Good, Fast, Cheap... pick 2.

1700412652585.png

If you want to save money and deliver it quickly, it won't be good.

I think in this case, Tesla, just like any auto manufacturer, has cycles in its production business, not to mention the public nature of the company, so during certain times of the year, they end up having to sacrifice quality for quantity.

I think it was back in 2019 or so when the demand for Model 3 was so high, Tesla had to build that temporary "tent" in Fremont just to meet demand. Many of the cars coming out of that production line were a complete mess. People were bringing them back hand over fist.

It would be interesting to look at the data surrounding quality issues and how they align to the various production demands (end of year delivery targets etc.).

Reactions: aerodyne
I am keeping my eye on it, but I think you guys are overly sensitive vibrator freaks too 🤣
I don’t have my S yet, but my dad has an X that has the typical moderate acceleration vibration. Definitely noticeable, especially in comparison to my model 3 which accelerates as smooth as butter. Yes it’s technically less than the vibrations you get in an ICE car and if all EVs were like this no one would really care. But the fact that most EVs can accelerate perfectly smoothly while these cannot makes it feel like something is wrong.

Now obviously it’s not so much of a bother to put me off from ordering a plaid altogether. But it is something other makes would have tried to fix much sooner IMO.

Reactions: teko
I'm trying to figure out the factory gate date. The method posted on this thread works on inventory but doesn't work on my custom order. Any here able to figure that out yet?

Easiest way to get the Factory gate / build date is asking the Tesla SA. I texted them with my request and turns out my car was built on the same day I got my VIN. They provided a timestamp as well.

If the build quality is good and no major issues I'm going to accept the vehicle. Don't really care about the 24 VIN anymore haha 😅