Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I frankly don’t like the thought of my insurance company monitoring how I drive like a hawk. Gladly will spend a couple hundred bucks to not have to deal with that.

Tesla can't do that in CA.

When they do, I'm not worried. Every other driver seems like a moron or a lunatic compared to me.
😁

+1 for Tesla insurance, but expect that will change if I have a claim. Think Service Center Squared.

Reactions: Snardy
The thing is, even if they extended the window to March there would be some other new thing right around the corner. There’s always going to be something we wished we’d waited for, but we’ll never buy anything (until the old one is literally unrepairable) if we keep pushing it off for FOMO.
Exactly. FOMO comes up every leak or wish of something new. Tesla is always changing things. This sentiment will come up as long as Tesla keeps being Tesla. As soon as I picked up my 2022 MSLR, it was old news. But it's also still the best car I've ever owned. Never going back to the ICE ages.

Reactions: Yelobird
You’re “replacing” your 2012? How much are you getting for it? I’m keeping my 2015 85D as I was offered only $2800 as a trade-in and only $4318 from Carvana. I

Picking up my new car tomorrow.

By the way, if you haven’t done a price comparison between your current insurance and Tesla insurance, do it now. The quote from my current insurer for my newcMSLR was $4800/yr. I’m going with Tesla insurance for $1800/yr.
For me. Tesla insurance was a no brainer from a cost perspective. But from a service stand point, 😂

Reactions: zoomer0056
For me, the difference was almost $3000 for the new MSLR I'm picking up tomorrow.
For me it was $3800 at California Casualty vs $2360 with Tesla. That's for a new MSLR and a 2015 85D.

The FOMO is real, but for me the supercharging transfer is a lot more important than a '24 VIN or even an extra camera. I'm very happy with the car and I have already had someone comment on how much they like the color (Stealth Grey).

That hurt. I guess I should take the film off the center screen at some point.
Ha, I bought a screen protector because that's what I've done for tablets and phones. Those get knocked around a lot. But for the car, I think that delivery protector is all it needs .... keep yours. But the back screen needs a real protector to guard against shoes, luggage and groceries.

Reactions: aerodyne
My hope is somehow the wiring harness is there now waiting for parts and Tesla will sell a retrofit (even for a lot of money) but very doubtful that's the case.

I seriously don't see why Tesla can't throw Signature owners a bone and extend the Supercharging transfer window out to March. There can't be more than a few dozen original owners still driving around their Model S.
I think that those of us early adopters with a 2012 should (in addition to Supercharging) keep our premium connectivity.

dsm363 said:

Private sale so $11,000 and that's with some damage on it from parking lot issue. Car was in perfect shape for over 11 years and then right before I decide to upgrade, that happened knocking off a few thousand in value. Oh well.

I'll ask about the insurance. Good idea.
did a trade-in and got about the same $. 12 years and only a few parking lot door scratches.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsm363
I think that those of us early adopters with a 2012 should (in addition to Supercharging) keep our premium connectivity.

did a trade-in and got about the same $. 12 years and only a few parking lot door scratches.
I understand not transferring over the internet connection. But let the Signature owners have a one time only Supercharging transfer when they want, not a 10 week window.

I understand not transferring over the internet connection. But let the Signature owners have a one time only Supercharging transfer when they want, not a 10 week window.
They've got to make their Q4 numbers somehow. Actually, I think S/X sales are pretty meaningless, and the number of people with FUSC is pretty small, so it's a wonder they are doing anything at all.

Reactions: dsm363 and aerodyne
They've got to make their Q4 numbers somehow. Actually, I think S/X sales are pretty meaningless, and the number of people with FUSC is pretty small, so it's a wonder they are doing anything at all.
If they can convince an extra 1000 people to buy a new Model X Plaid (with 22" wheels) that would be @ and extra $100,000,000 in gross sales this quarter - with the most profit per car. Nothing to sneeze about.

I haven’t looked up the exact numbers but I think it’s roughly 200,000 vehicles or maybe a little bit more they have free supercharging.

My guess is original signature owners for the model S who still have their car has to be maybe a few dozen. It wouldn’t really impact their end of quarter numbers is one way or the other. Or they could simply restrict it to people who accepted delivery in either 2012 or 2013 (about 25,000 cars). Give them one year to buy a car with free supercharging and transfer it. Only if they are the original owner. My guess is the amount of people who still have their car from those years is probably only a few thousand at most.

Reactions: aerodyne