Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this might be of interest https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=58521&flag=1

Seems like the epa testing docs for the ill fated model s standard range were uploaded at some point within the last few days (it’s dated August 15th, but it wasn’t publicly visible as recently as last week). I wonder if actually releasing that car at say $65-70k could be a demand lever they pull given the above noted inventory climb.

Notable tidbits: front motor power 132 kW, rear motor 168 kW. Long range has 247kW front and rear. Battery pack (software limited?) ~81 kWh instead of ~98 kWh on the LR

So this might be of interest https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=58521&flag=1

Seems like the epa testing docs for the ill fated model s standard range were uploaded at some point within the last few days (it’s dated August 15th, but it wasn’t publicly visible as recently as last week). I wonder if actually releasing that car at say $65-70k could be a demand lever they pull given the above noted inventory climb.

Notable tidbits: front motor power 132 kW, rear motor 168 kW. Long range has 247kW front and rear. Battery pack (software limited?) ~81 kWh instead of ~98 kWh on the LR
so if they offer a standard range, I'm assuming the LR would be priced closer to $80, Plaid closer to $100 if they keep the $75k for the std range.

3 facts:
1) As of mid August 2023, Tesla was filing paperwork for the reintroduction of the "Standard Range" Model S.
2) A sports seat package is in the works for the Plaid.
3) The cabling for the addition of ambient lighting is present in all post 2021 refresh vehicles

As to parking sensor/Tesla Vision, we have no visibility (pun intended)...

I think you have the Plaid price point $10k too high.

I think Tesla is trying to optimize the monthly lease, regardless of what part is interest.
Under the present circumstances, reintroducing the base model makes sense and my bet is that it will not push up the list price of the LR and Plaid.

High interest rates are a blessing to cash buyers...

Any thoughts on which checklist I should use when I pick up the vehicle? Some look daunting…
Read through all the checklists you can find and pick out the things that are important to you. So many of those things you would never have noticed unless someone pointed it out to you. Be happy with your car on your terms, not what the internet says is ok or not ok. Enjoy it the way it was intended.

Suggest just using your eyes and go in happy as you should be vs carrying an inspection kit a magnifying glasses. Try to enjoy the accomplishment and experience.
I recommend bringing a headlamp, microfiber cloth, detailing spray, and checklists. I've been burned too many times finding defects after delivery and being told they were "within spec". Search for everything carefully, because you'll hate to find it later.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Any thoughts on which checklist I should use when I pick up the vehicle? Some look daunting…

I have my delivery coming up soon as well. Planning to follow the tips posted by this guy. He look for long term issues rather than fixate on harmless panel gaps.

My goal of the delivery inspection is to ensure the car doesn't need a service center visit every now and then.