Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a very low volume car so either nothing and we're seeing what we want to see or maybe something minor is happening.
I think if you couple the slow down or pause with a surprising amount of "demo" vehicles showing up on Tesla's site, the pause might be Tesla trying to move that inventory first. If they priced those vehicles with actual depreciation, I might jump on one.

yeah the last I have heard of was order date 10/22 who have already taken delivery too. Which makes me wonder if it’s not a rolling window and more of a batch window.
I ordered at 11/21 but no vin yet, i saw there is one available on a 15 mile distance, brand new not demo one but i will not change to it, i am hoping to get a 2024 vin before 2023 ends. Do you think an update coming?

I ordered at 11/21 but no vin yet, i saw there is one available on a 15 mile distance, brand new not demo one but i will not change to it, i am hoping to get a 2024 vin before 2023 ends. Do you think an update coming?
I ordered 11/25 EDD: Nov - Dec (lol)
I don't think an update is coming. I agree with the batch theory. Hopefully within the next few weeks we see a big group go out, and maybe 2024 vins...

Reactions: dsm363
We ordered yesterday morning also. Our SA has been monitoring the build dates and order volume pretty closely. She texted me with “The time to order is now” Our focus is more on the FUSC transfer than a 24 vin. We’ll see how it plays out but just looking forward having another Model S in the garage.

On Monday Tesla took all her Model S and Model X demo vehicles. They are being claimed by someone…

I don't think an update is coming. I agree with the batch theory. Hopefully within the next few weeks we see a big group go out, and maybe 2024 vins...
I really don't think we'll see 2024 VIN numbers until a car enters the production line on 1/1/2024. I also don't think there will be any kind of update this early. I do think Tesla will need to address the flagship distinction S and X have over 3 and Y, so I do expect to see something for the platform timed with the release of Highland and Juniper here in the states. I guess we'll find out soon enough. It is kinda fun to dream though...

Reactions: aerodyne and dsm363
I really don't think we'll see 2024 VIN numbers until a car enters the production line on 1/1/2024. I also don't think there will be any kind of update this early. I do think Tesla will need to address the flagship distinction S and X have over 3 and Y, so I do expect to see something for the platform timed with the release of Highland and Juniper here in the states. I guess we'll find out soon enough. It is kinda fun to dream though...
That would be different than previous years, but interesting. I don't think they have typically updated any of their vehicles at the same time, so it might be a bit that the S appears to lag behind the 3. The Y won't get the same updates right away either. The S/X just had a major update, so I doubt it will be anything that big. Front facing camera would be nice.

I think the minute Tesla decide as a design team to make a change, they at least start making provisions for it on the production line almost immediately. If the front camera has been confirmed, then I would think there's at least a harness for it to add it later - similarly to what they did with the HW2.5 to 3 FSD updates.
In the case of a front camera, even if a harness has to be added, I don't think it would be a taxing effort. Port is apparently present on the car computer. Running a harness from the computer to the front bumper would be pretty trivial, everything is pretty accessible without having to take a ton apart.

Only issue is Tesla probably won't support such a retrofit, if things like the revised headlamps, taillamps, etc are an indication.

In the case of a front camera, even if a harness has to be added, I don't think it would be a taxing effort. Port is apparently present on the car computer. Running a harness from the computer to the front bumper would be pretty trivial, everything is pretty accessible without having to take a ton apart.

Only issue is Tesla probably won't support such a retrofit, if things like the revised headlamps, taillamps, etc are an indication.
Right. There has to be a change to the plastics, so a retrofit after the fact is likely too difficult and expensive.

I thought about placing a second order since I needed a December delivery estimate at latest but ended up just keeping my original order. Hopefully I don't miss out on a nice updates by a week or two. Model year doesn't really concern me too much.

Right. There has to be a change to the plastics, so a retrofit after the fact is likely too difficult and expensive.
Will have to see how it mounts in real life if it's ever released. My guess would be that it'd be one of the easily replaceable pieces of plastic that change rather than changing the bumper entirely. Probably #3 or #6 here

1701266400690.png