Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nov 4 order date here. No VIN yet. EDD 12/7-12/31.

My SA told me it wouldn't come until late December at the earliest, as they were shutting down the X/S lines for two weeks in November. That appears to be holding water based on lack of updates.
That’s potentially good news. They usually don’t shut the line down unless changing something I would assume.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I ordered this morning 11/28 with a EDD of Dec-Jan. Will delay my order until the 2024 VINs start being delivered.
Unless you're going to sell the car in 2 years, I wouldn't worry about model year. I'd rather have some of the rumored features coming out soon (maybe) like front bumper camera which doesn't go by model year. I probably placed my order too early as they said had to be delivered by end of year for supercharging transfer so waiting wasn't much of an option unless I wanted to not transfer it.

Do you know if this actually pushes you back in production line or they just give you the same car if they can't find a buyer?
Depends on supply and how long of a hold you request.

You are not the only one trying to get a '24. Good chance you might get a different car, but one that has been rejected.

It it were me, I would keep the order you have, and if the car is not near perfect, reorder in Mid Jan.

Depends on supply and how long of a hold you request.

You are not the only one trying to get a '24. Good chance you might get a different car, but one that has been rejected.

It it were me, I would keep the order you have, and if the car is not near perfect, reorder in Mid Jan.
Thanks. I don't really care about model year but rather rumor of front bumper camera. But there is no evidence that waiting a week or two more will make a difference either. I decided to do what you suggested and just keep my order and maybe I'll get lucky and at least the wiring harness is there and there will be some kind of paid upgrade down the road. If not, it will still be a massive step up from the 2012 Model (outside the horn and steering wheel).

Thanks. I don't really care about model year but rather rumor of front bumper camera. But there is no evidence that waiting a week or two more will make a difference either. I decided to do what you suggested and just keep my order and maybe I'll get lucky and at least the wiring harness is there and there UUID’s will be some kind of paid upgrade down the road. If not, it will still be a massive step up from the 2012 Model (outside the horn and steering wheel).
I understand the horn, but what’s the issue with the steering wheel?

Plaid or LR?

I ordered before you. No VIN yet. LR for me.
Plaid, Red, $90k model, wheel. 19s. Black and CF interior. I'm going to ask for a two-week delay. Is there any specific language I should use to try and get them to re-assign my VIN to someone else?

I tried to do some quick research on kbb. I couldn't come up with a clear answer on the difference between model years and how it affects resale, but in the sale listings it's clear that '22 cars are worth a few thousand more than '21s. I'm thinking I'll keep the car for about 3 years, so I also tried to compare 2019s to 2020 cars, but that wasn't as clear.

Plaid, Red, $90k model, wheel. 19s. Black and CF interior. I'm going to ask for a two-week delay. Is there any specific language I should use to try and get them to re-assign my VIN to someone else?

I tried to do some quick research on kbb. I couldn't come up with a clear answer on the difference between model years and how it affects resale, but in the sale listings it's clear that '22 cars are worth a few thousand more than '21s. I'm thinking I'll keep the car for about 3 years, so I also tried to compare 2019s to 2020 cars, but that wasn't as clear.

I traded in my 2022 Y recently for 41,700. KBB said trade in was 41,500 or something. If I input the car as a 2021 model year but same mileage it said 36,500. So for that car the difference was about 5k after 2 years.