Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I ended up taking the car. All the issues were addressed and fixed at the delivery center.

I couldn't notice any other panel gaps except the minor frunk misalignment beside the left headlight.

I highly recommend going through a checklist on delivery day. It gave us some direction on how to inspect the car throroughly.

Attachments

• 20231202_161022.jpg
    20231202_161022.jpg
    697.8 KB · Views: 50
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I ended up taking the car. All the issues were addressed and fixed at the delivery center.

I couldn't notice any other panel gaps except the minor frunk misalignment beside the left headlight.

I highly recommend going through a checklist on delivery day. It gave us some direction on how to inspect the car throroughly.
The car looks awesome congrats on the new ride. Feel free to share the checklist you used and any recommendations you have for others.

Reactions: zoomer0056

Beautiful! (but I am biased lol)

The car looks awesome congrats on the new ride. Feel free to share the checklist you used and any recommendations you have for others.
This is the one I used. Its extensive so we didn'tgo through every single item like check charging etc. We also printed out a photo of a 3d image to easily mark areas of the issue.

Attachments

• Mike Seuss Tesla Delivery Checklist.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 124
  • 71c92520fb920062a8f37d641df59dbc.jpg
    71c92520fb920062a8f37d641df59dbc.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
My update to contribute to the news:
  • Ordered on Nov. 6 (Plaid with Supercharging transfer)
  • Original delivery window was Nov. 25 - Dec. 16
  • Delivery date started floating backward one day at a time about a week ago
  • Received VIN (2023) on Dec. 1
  • 'Ready for Delivery' scheduling on Dec. 2
  • Picking it up Dec. 4 (and will report back here on anything of note)
So like a few others on here, no news for a month and then boom, ready, done.
Picked up the car today. Went very smooth. Only found a couple blemishes inside and out and they fixed them all. There's one very slightly misaligned panel in the backseat trim where the 'leather' meets the trim near the quarter panel window but there's nothing they can do as it's how that piece was put together. It's also likely something only I'm going to notice and I'll forget about in a week. :p Everything else looked/worked fine. On to the full road test!

Picked up the car today. Went very smooth. Only found a couple blemishes inside and out and they fixed them all. There's one very slightly misaligned panel in the backseat trim where the 'leather' meets the trim near the quarter panel window but there's nothing they can do as it's how that piece was put together. It's also likely something only I'm going to notice and I'll forget about in a week. :p Everything else looked/worked fine. On to the full road test!
That’s great! Can’t wait to join you. Order date 29 Nov. Edd Dec 23 - Jan 24

Reactions: Magiken
Took delivery of SG LR on 12/3 in Marina del Rey. Had rejected a delivery about a year ago of an LR that was assembled like crap (loose trim, massive panel gaps), had a yoke and cost nearly $30k more. New one is flawless and got my steering wheel. Took for tint today and now letting it sit for a couple of weeks until I can return my leased BMW. Almost enjoy the LR as much as my wife's Taycan 4S.

Transferred FUSC from a 2013 P85 which still runs great on original pack (original owner)

Took delivery of SG LR on 12/3 in Marina del Rey. Had rejected a delivery about a year ago of an LR that was assembled like crap (loose trim, massive panel gaps), had a yoke and cost nearly $30k more. New one is flawless and got my steering wheel. Took for tint today and now letting it sit for a couple of weeks until I can return my leased BMW. Almost enjoy the LR as much as my wife's Taycan 4S.

Transferred FUSC from a 2013 P85 which still runs great on original pack (original owner)
Those early P85s seem to keep running and running. Hope the new ones are as good in that aspect. Congrats on new car! Strong move on waiting a year and catching it at the right time.

Hi LA2Naples. Congrats on your new MS, I hope you'll enjoy it. Me I am (still) thinking Plaid vs Taycan 4S and you're probably in an ideal position to help me decide if I may bother you.
Where I live (Switzerland), the market is flooded with very recent Taycans.
I did hear the warning about the Taycan's range here, researched the matter and found out about the optional 93kWh battery which should minimise the issue. I am very attracted to the Plaid's insane engineering but the uncertainty surrounding buying it new (!!! listen to this) makes me want to go "almost new" with no surprises. I am struggling with the concept of spending 100K for the privilege of going back and forth to the service center for them to fix a NEW car.
So I started looking at demos and almost new and. this naturally brough the Taycan back in scope. I found a used 2022 Taycan I like, including the 93kWh battery and very little mileage for roughly the price of a demo Plaid with similar mileage. Of course performance is not in the same league, but the Taycan has other positives as you well know. What do you think? Thank you for your insight.

So I started looking at demos and almost new and. this naturally brough the Taycan back in scope. I found a used 2022 Taycan I like, including the 93kWh battery and very little mileage for roughly the price of a demo Plaid with similar mileage. Of course performance is not in the same league, but the Taycan has other positives as you well know. What do you think? Thank you for your insight.
Honestly, it's an apples to orange compare. The 4S has a ridiculous ride/handling balance. It soaks up road imperfections where the Tesla just bumps and judders. Dont need to slow down for corners in the 4S, the thing rides on rails. And the interior quality is on another level, we have gorgeous full red leather and doors close with a solid thunk whereas Tesla doors feel like tin can. Range indicated is pretty accurate, we charge to 80% which usually indicates and returns 230-240 mile range. I think could squeeze close to 300 on freeway driving on 100 percent charge if kept at a steady 70mph but havent tried. Only thing cheap about Porsche is that our ~$150k car came with a manually adjustable steering column (think they took out in 2023 bc of chip shortage, but still it's a pretty low end feature in an otherwise high end car). That's not an issue on a pre-owned 2022 however. Trunk on Taycan is a joke and my 13 year old son barely fits in the back seat. Been very hard to use for grocery shopping, errands or golf. It's a driver's car or a date night car.

But the Tesla is just so damn easy to own/drive. Much more interior and cargo room. If charging away from home, in LA superchargers are everywhere and EA for the Taycan is a joke, have tried 3 times in a year (well, have passed many and they were full of Kias and the like) and has worked only twice. Cant comment on actual 2023 Tesla range as I've only had LR for 2 days. But again, had (and still have at 2nd home) 2013 P85 since July 2013 and it's been such an easy car to own/drive/charge/lug stuff around with that I am really happy I got 2023. Dont know used pricing in Europe, but current new pricing in USA incredibly reasonable. My two cents, I dont get the point of a Plaid. LR for $75k in the US in a smoking deal. If performance (which I interpret as more than just 0-60) is the goal, Porsche might be the answer and it comes with a price in dollars and compromise on everyday usability.

Those early P85s seem to keep running and running. Hope the new ones are as good in that aspect. Congrats on new car! Strong move on waiting a year and catching it at the right time.
Think the 2013s still look better. Had it detailed a few weeks ago and aside from some fading on the fake carbon fiber spoiler, the thing (on 21 turbines) looks hot. My Florida neighbors (where I now keep the car) think it's brand new and the coolest thing ever as there arent many Tesla in the neighborhood there whereas my street in LA has as many Teslas as people.

Reactions: dsm363
Just picked up my '23 Blue/Cream Model S yesterday! She's a beauty with excellent quality on the paint and interior!

There were a few "Scratches" on the passenger side rear door, but a detailer from Tesla immediately walked over and buffed it out. Accepted delivery right after they cleaned that spot up.

View attachment 996578
Im waiting for delivery of the exact color combo MSLR. I opted for the yoke though. Beautiful car!

Reactions: Cannonade
Just picked up my '23 Blue/Cream Model S yesterday! She's a beauty with excellent quality on the paint and interior!

There were a few "Scratches" on the passenger side rear door, but a detailer from Tesla immediately walked over and buffed it out. Accepted delivery right after they cleaned that spot up.

View attachment 996578
Congrats. The blue is a nice color on the refresh S. I have a MSM 2017 S and originally ordered my 2023 in blue; I ended up switching to SG though (guess I cant stray too far away from grey...lol)