Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was asking about these Tesla Sales Assistants that everybody seems to be getting assigned. I went into the app, ordered my car and that's it. I have not had any human communication with Tesla regarding my order
Mind me asking how much an in-person one cost you? I'm actually quite interested in this.
That's kind of like saying "how much is a Tesla?" It really depends on what you want. Mine handles most of my errands, shopping, in office work, basic bookeeping, travel and has access to most of my finances, banking, credit cards, etc. I pay her 55k a year. A lot of my team has their own assistants doing lower level work and they pay $17-$20 an hour. One of my best friends wife is a personal assistant and makes about 400k.

Reactions: Chuckled
If you are serious about buying a MS and keeping it for at least 4 years, may I suggest make an in person visit to the least busy Store you can find within driving distance.

Talk in person to an SA, Sales Associate, Sales Advisor, or as I like to call them, Seldom Accurate.

Make it known you want to work with them, take delivery at the least busy time, and need an hour to inspect the car inside and out.

If you find a good one that will agree with your expectations, make the order in the store, and get their contact info.

They will follow up with you. They also have access to hidden inventory if you want to play Tesla Roulette.

Case in point. At a SuC near Fresno. Some stalls broken so I was waiting for a few minutes. Up pulls this new MX in Ultra Red. SA was driving a demo and giving rides. I got a ride around the lot, we talked a bit, and even though I made it clear I am not able to buy anything after the price cuts, got multiple follow up texts.

Speculation. If more people ordered in person, maybe the one line order process will go the way of Self Checkout.

If you are serious about buying a MS and keeping it for at least 4 years, may I suggest make an in person visit to the least busy Store you can find within driving distance.

Talk in person to an SA, Sales Associate, Sales Advisor, or as I like to call them, Seldom Accurate.

Make it known you want to work with them, take delivery at the least busy time, and need an hour to inspect the car inside and out.

If you find a good one that will agree with your expectations, make the order in the store, and get their contact info.

They will follow up with you. They also have access to hidden inventory if you want to play Tesla Roulette.

Case in point. At a SuC near Fresno. Some stalls broken so I was waiting for a few minutes. Up pulls this new MX in Ultra Red. SA was driving a demo and giving rides. I got a ride around the lot, we talked a bit, and even though I made it clear I am not able to buy anything after the price cuts, got multiple follow up texts.

Speculation. If more people ordered in person, maybe the one line order process will go the way of Self Checkout.
Great points and really good advice. Tesla is obviously pushing towards this non-human, automated, touchless sales and delivery process. I feel like the people involved would rather it be more human however I get the feeling they are "encouraged" not to. I've always found the staff who respond to my questions as well as the staff at our local SC to be very helpful and kind. I know others have had different experiences. I'll be sure to give my feedback on my delivery this coming Friday. I did just message them and asked them a couple questions based on your post above. Let's see what they say :).

Yeah, they are willing to respond to texts and phone calls before you order, but after you have the car, forget it. App only. 😅
Actually, the guy that came to the house a few months ago to replace my LV battery was awesome. He's been working at this service center for about 7 years. Was a master tech at BMW before that. We had a long chat while he was here. He gave me his personal cell number and told me to call him if I ever needed anything or had any questions. Really can't speak highly enough about the guys and gals at my local SC.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
IMG_5455.PNG

It’s not worth arguing with shills
You’ve got to be kidding. It 101 common sense. Shill is complaining for the sake of complaining. They custom built a car You ordered them to build. ‘But I want a different one” is not a valid answer. If you wanted a specific year order it When that is available not based on a forum speculation. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Because everyone doesn’t agree with gaming the system to screw everyone in line behind them is not a shill it’s common sense. Try it.

You’ve got to be kidding. It 101 common sense. Shill is complaining for the sake of complaining. They custom built a car You ordered them to build. ‘But I want a different one” is not a valid answer. If you wanted a specific year order it When that is available not based on a forum speculation. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Because everyone doesn’t agree with gaming the system to screw everyone in line behind them is not a shill it’s common sense. Try it.
C'mon man, you make it sound like this is a bespoke made vehicle when all it is is an expensive mass market made vehicle with very few configuration options. There is nothing custom on any Tesla car.

Tesla brought all this on by themselves with lack of clarity and specificity. If they didn't like it, they'd stop it, but they do so they don't. C'mon man!

Fair on both sides. I'll see what I get next.

C'mon man, you make it sound like this is a bespoke made vehicle when all it is is an expensive mass market made vehicle with very few configuration options. There is nothing custom on any Tesla car.

Tesla brought all this on by themselves with lack of clarity and specificity. If they didn't like it, they'd stop it, but they do so they don't. C'mon man!
These aren’t Amazon tube socks you just toss back on the shelf. Be real. If someone is undecided or uncertain when placing an order for a 100K product they need to think before hitting enter. Nobody made you hit buy now.

These aren’t Amazon tube socks you just toss back on the shelf. Be real. If someone is undecided or uncertain when placing an order for a 100K product they need to think before hitting enter. Nobody made you hit buy now.
Of course they are, you toss it back into the stock for the next guy that wants it immediately. There are plenty of rich people that want their things right now and are not willing to wait. Actually you are doing Tesla a favor.

Actually, the guy that came to the house a few months ago to replace my LV battery was awesome. He's been working at this service center for about 7 years. Was a master tech at BMW before that. We had a long chat while he was here. He gave me his personal cell number and told me to call him if I ever needed anything or had any questions. Really can't speak highly enough about the guys and gals at my local SC.
Years ago, used to be like that here in LA with awesome mobile techs, but they all quit or moved back east.

Years ago, used to be like that here in LA with awesome mobile techs, but they all quit or moved back east.
That sucks. I wonder if it's related to volume. I also think here in North Florida, people are generally very friendly. It's more like South Georgia over here lol. I have family in LA and am always a bit taken back by some of the attitude I get from people either in hospitality or sales when I go visit.

Nope, a shill would be someone who defends the company unconditionally to promote a positive sentiment. Sound familiar?

Also these cars aren't "custom ordered". Tesla matches your desired configuration to what is being built or en route at the time. Unless there's a massive change in order preferences, they don't change the assembly line for the sake of your order. The process is more akin to ordering an iPhone.

Reactions: teko