Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you think of the things you can customize in the car, compared to some of the options you get with other brands, there's very little in it for Tesla. Kind of a brilliant strategy to simplify manufacturing. They can get 95% through the build process and "customize" it at that point.

Nope, a shill would be someone who defends the company unconditionally to promote a positive sentiment. Sound familiar?

Also these cars aren't "custom ordered". Tesla matches your desired configuration to what is being built or en route at the time. Unless there's a massive change in order preferences, they don't change the assembly line for the sake of your order. The process is more akin to ordering an iPhone.
Exactly. Stuff comes out of assembly line without line being shut down. They already know the mix of colors and interiors people order every year based on the past orders and that's what they plan to. Then they just run the production in the most optimal way they can to maximize productivity.

Whether you ordered it or not, its getting made.

How would this help with not getting the same rejected car?
By waiting. When you get the VIN, you can track it on the current equivalent of EV-CPO or similar. Probably gone in a few weeks.

Or you could proceed with the order, inspect the car, and if not perfect, in good faith, reject that VIN.

Right now, I see no downside to order a MS after the holiday.

He wanted a different year. Can’t fix that if you ordered a 23
Maybe try not making stuff up

They promised to revert to ‘not accepted’ state if I would’ve rejected the car after clicking ‘Accept Delivery’. I accepted that ) But I rejected the car even before that due to panel gaps. Interestingly, the car is still in inventory after 1.5 months.

• Funny
Reactions: teko
Maybe try not making stuff up

Doesn’t seem like adjusting a panel gap would be all that difficult.

By waiting. When you get the VIN, you can track it on the current equivalent of EV-CPO or similar. Probably gone in a few weeks.

Or you could proceed with the order, inspect the car, and if not perfect, in good faith, reject that VIN.

Right now, I see no downside to order a MS after the holiday.
Ok, so this partucular car was ‘factory gated’ on 10/26/2023. Initial delivery (that I rejected) was on 11/09/2023. The car is still in inventory as of 12/09/2023, already assigned 3 times to me. Not much of a help to wait. Re-ordering would likely resulted in just paying multiple Order Fees, but getting the same car.

Also, to clarify, I was Ok with 2023 VIN. I actually paid the whole amount to Tesla before delivery to avoid any delays, and they still hold the money. It is also fine, just I didn’t expect to wait for an extra month and get nothing.
That was your first mistake, don't pay until you have inspected the car.

But it seems like they cannot sell that car so they keep pushing it onto you since they've got your money. I'd change the configuration of a car a little bit, different color of exterior or interior or probably the cheapest, change the steering wheel since that can be replaced after the fact... This will cause system to assign you a new vehicle.