Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MSLR Ultra Red black interior 19" yoke on 11/27. First delivery dates were Nov-Dec then Dec-Jan then switched to two days ago
Update, still shows Dec 23 - Dec 31 delivery dates but I now see an inventory car only in black near me available. Would you guys go for the inventory car or stick to the original order. I just don't want to drive an hour to the dealer only to find out that it's someone's rejected car. You think they will be able to give me my car if I reject this one? Texted my rep and waiting for a reply

Update, still shows Dec 23 - Dec 31 delivery dates but I now see an inventory car only in black near me available. Would you guys go for the inventory car or stick to the original order. I just don't want to drive an hour to the dealer only to find out that it's someone's rejected car. You think they will be able to give me my car if I reject this one? Texted my rep and waiting for a reply
I'd wait for the original car. Stick with the color you want. The later the build, the better.

But you can just hit the palm of your hand on the right side of the steering wheel to activate the horn. You don't have to target the haptic button.
That's true but the advantage of center horn placement is that it's always in the same place if you have the steering wheel turned. And it's something some people have a few decades of muscle memory to relearn.

They better fix the horn situation sooner than later. I honestly would like to know whose bright idea it was to put the horn where they did. I barely escaped getting crunched by someone trying to exit the freeway and running me off the road. I freaked out because I couldn’t find the horn fast enough to alert them. Lucky I had room to get out of the way! 😡
I had the same experience yesterday on highway and while trying to escape to left I was hopelessly pressing on the middle.

Reactions: Snardy and ShankD
I freaked out because I couldn’t find the horn fast enough to alert them. Lucky I had room to get out of the way!
The frustration is understandable. However, if you're gonna keep the car you need to learn how to use the horn. One way is to practice using it until you can do it easily without looking. On way to activate the horn is by using your palm that has a much larger surface area than a thumb. Another help is to put a clear raised dot on it to help finding it by feel alone.

Bottle Cap EP50 Vintage Collection Epoxy Dots, 1-Inch, 50 Per Package Amazon.com

Reactions: dsm363
The frustration is understandable. However, if you're gonna keep the car you need to learn how to use the horn. One way is to practice using it until you can do it easily without looking. Another help is to put a clear raised dot on it to help finding it by feel alone.

Bottle Cap EP50 Vintage Collection Epoxy Dots, 1-Inch, 50 Per Package Amazon.com
I hear from the grapevine next FSD update by the end of the year will sound the horn for you when potential collision is detected so the horn button will be completely removed. Its only 30 days away so I would not stick anything on steering wheel since that will be removed during the update anyway.

I hear from the grapevine next FSD update by the end of the year will sound the horn for you when potential collision is detected so the horn button will be completely removed. Its only 30 days away so I would not stick anything on steering wheel since that will be removed during the update anyway.
That's a helpful rumor to spread around.

The frustration is understandable. However, if you're gonna keep the car you need to learn how to use the horn. One way is to practice using it until you can do it easily without looking. On way to activate the horn is by using your palm that has a much larger surface area than a thumb. Another help is to put a clear raised dot on it to help finding it by feel alone.

Not such a bad idea. 👍