Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update, still shows Dec 23 - Dec 31 delivery dates but I now see an inventory car only in black near me available. Would you guys go for the inventory car or stick to the original order. I just don't want to drive an hour to the dealer only to find out that it's someone's rejected car. You think they will be able to give me my car if I reject this one? Texted my rep and waiting for a reply
If you pick up the black inventory car instead (which also may likely be someone else's reject car), there will be many times over your years of ownership that you will realize you made a mistake by giving up the color you really wanted because you feared that you might waste a one hour drive to the dealer.

Update, still shows Dec 23 - Dec 31 delivery dates but I now see an inventory car only in black near me available. Would you guys go for the inventory car or stick to the original order. I just don't want to drive an hour to the dealer only to find out that it's someone's rejected car. You think they will be able to give me my car if I reject this one? Texted my rep and waiting for a reply
An hour both ways is not much of an investment for such a big purchase. New is better. I remember in my day we had to travel one hour uphill .... both ways. You kids these days have no idea, jeeze.

If you pick up the black inventory car instead (which also may likely be someone else's reject car), there will be many times over your years of ownership that you will realize you made a mistake by giving up the color you really wanted because you feared that you might waste a one hour drive to the dealer.
Are you under a time crunch because of the free Supercharging transfer? If not, I'd just wait until you get exactly what you want. Agree with zoomer that an hour drive each way is not a lot for a car you'll likely have for years.

Reactions: zoomer0056
So I checked underneath the bumper…probably should’ve left well enough alone. Found this. Worth raising another stink?

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    538.2 KB · Views: 22
So I checked underneath the bumper…probably should’ve left well enough alone. Found this. Worth raising another stink?
The underside of the bumper is going to get scratched up to hell, so don't worry about it. I was extremely careful about using the air suspension, but the GPS coordinate saving fails sometimes and the car doesn't raise, and boom, you scrape.

The underside of the bumper is going to get scratched up to hell, so don't worry about it. I was extremely careful about using the air suspension, but the GPS coordinate saving fails sometimes and the car doesn't raise, and boom, you scrape.
It's just annoying getting something protected that's already damaged. I'm not sure why they can't effing get their crap together. This was the third bumper on the car. The first had some minor scratching I thought could just be buffed out - but they replaced it. The second, they chipped in the corner. I was scheduled to take it in to get PPF tomorrow, but now I'm going to probably wait to see what the SC says. The PPF installer says they do minor touchups but I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll tackle that chip.

It's just annoying getting something protected that's already damaged. I'm not sure why they can't effing get their crap together. This was the third bumper on the car. The first had some minor scratching I thought could just be buffed out - but they replaced it. The second, they chipped in the corner. I was scheduled to take it in to get PPF tomorrow, but now I'm going to probably wait to see what the SC says. The PPF installer says they do minor touchups but I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll tackle that chip.
It's a part of the car I assume you'll never see. And the PPF installer I'm sure can make it look less noticeable with touch up paint since it wouldn't have to be perfect anyway like it might on the hood.

Thanks for the support peeps... I feel the same way

That part of the bumper is not normally PPFed, even full body PPF. It's the trailing edge. At most they would get close to the edge but not wrap around.