Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting! Why is the EDD after the first of the year? Is Tesla going to honor the FUSC transfer taking deliver next year?
According to Tesla's site, if you place an order before 12/31 and there are no vehicles in stock that match your configuration, they will honor the FUSC as long as the car that has FUSC is still on your account and present in the app when taking delivery of the new vehicle.

** Edit ** The verbiage here is ambiguous **

They may mean below that you must have received a delivery date in 2023 - not that you received a date in 2023 for delivery lol

1703028985991.png

According to Tesla's site, if you place an order before 12/31 and there are no vehicles in stock that match your configuration, they will honor the FUSC as long as the car that has FUSC is still on your account and present in the app when taking delivery of the new vehicle.
Not exactly. When you place the order the estimated delivery date has to include a period of 2023. If the EDD starts in 2024 you do not qualify for the FUSC transfer.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja
This is going to put the burden of proof on the buyer. You're going to have to show that the first delivery date you received was in 2023. Tesla have played hard ball like this before. Hope y'all have screenshots lol.

The way I read that requirement is that as long as you received a delivery date from Tesla in 2023 that they will honor FUSC. That would mean VIN number assigned etc.

** Edit ** The verbiage here is ambiguous **

They may mean below that you must have received a delivery date in 2023 - not that you received a date in 2023 for delivery lol

View attachment 1001154
Aware of this but wondering why his 12/19 VIN isn’t being delivered until January. Didn’t think that Tesla took that long to distribute the cars.

The way I read that requirement is that as long as you received a delivery date from Tesla in 2023 that they will honor FUSC. That would mean VIN number assigned etc.

No, they mean that the initial delivery window you received had to contain a date in 2023. So right now if you order a Model S the estimated delivery window is January 2024-February 2024, so that order would not qualify, as you didn't receive a delivery window that contained a 2023 date.

It doesn't matter if you later receive a delivery window in 2023, as the condition was "at the time you placed your order." So, getting a VIN assigned is not relevant at all. (Unless you take delivery by the end of 12/31, in which case no extension is needed.)

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
Oh, and an exciting development that happened to me when questioning Tesla regarding the FUSC transfer. Let's say you have an older car with FUSC and you order your new vehicle and accept the FUSC transfer, FUSC will get disabled on your existing car almost as soon as you accept that document. Let's say you reject your new car for valid reasons, your FUSC is gone. Left the building... Never to be seen again lol. You won't get it back and you won't be able to transfer it to another vehicle. Good luck fellas and fellettes.

No, they mean that the initial delivery window you received had to contain a date in 2023. So right now if you order a Model S the estimated delivery window is January 2024-February 2024, so that order would not qualify, as you didn't receive a delivery window that contained a 2023 date.

It doesn't matter if you later receive a delivery window in 2023, as the condition was "at the time you placed your order." So, getting a VIN assigned is not relevant at all. (Unless you take delivery by the end of 12/31, in which case no extension is needed.)
I guess we will find out fairly soon. There's a handful of folks in this thread where this scenario will apply. Post your results please

Let's say you have an older car with FUSC and you order your new vehicle and accept the FUSC transfer, FUSC will get disabled on your existing car almost as soon as you accept that document.
That has not happened to anyone. The transfer doesn't take place until you take delivery, which the agreement makes very clear:

1703029946411.png

If you reject the vehicle, no delivery took place so FUSC would not be removed from the donor.

If you take delivery, and end up returning it because of a lemon, finance failure, , etc. then yes, at that point the FUSC is gone for good.

Aware of this but wondering why his 12/19 VIN isn’t being delivered until January. Didn’t think that Tesla took that long to distribute the cars.
Even for the highly dynamic Tesla, this has been a unique year. They used to start deliveries of the next model year in November. It's more than halfway through December and still no 2024 VINs. Plus there's speculation on they Model Y threads that delays are due to the recall. Everything is normal in Tesla land.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot and teko
That has not happened to anyone. The transfer doesn't take place until you take delivery, which the agreement makes very clear:

View attachment 1001161

If you reject the vehicle, no delivery took place so FUSC would not be removed from the donor.

If you take delivery, and end up returning it because of a lemon, finance failure, , etc. then yes, at that point the FUSC is gone for good.
Eh...

Even for the highly dynamic Tesla, this has been a unique year. They used to start deliveries of the next model year in November. It's more than halfway through December and still no 2024 VINs. Plus there's speculation on they Model Y threads that delays are due to the recall. Everything is normal in Tesla land.
Not necessarily. I took delivery of a 2014 Model S in January 2015. It was a 2014 VIN when assigned. Car build date was Dec 20 2014

Reactions: dsm363
@MP3Mike

My communication with Tesla...

If you reject the vehicle at delivery you lose your FUSC

View attachment 1001163

View attachment 1001164
That is not correct. “Rejected” does not mean “canceled” or “reversed.” Unless you then cancel the order, or reverse the purchase and receive a refund. If you reject due to defects with which you cannot live, your FUSC will still transfer to the car which you do accept. I believe that you are limited to one rejection.

Last edited:
That is not correct. “Rejected” does not mean “canceled” or “reversed.” Unless you then cancel the order, or reverse the purchase and receive a refund. If you reject due to defects with which you cannot live, your FUSC will still transfer to the car which you do accept. I believe that you are limited to one rejection.
If that second car arrives before Jan 1st, right? Maybe they'll give you a pass but not sure.

Negative. Read my communication with Tesla. You must cancel/reject the order at least 72 hours prior to delivery. If not, you will not get your FUSC back.