Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Negative. Read my communication with Tesla. You must cancel/reject the order at least 72 hours prior to delivery. If not, you will not get your FUSC back.
This FUSC transfer seems too risky. And the new terms are shady. I'd sell the old car with FUSC to someone who really appreciates it and forget it on the new one. I also don't drive enough to need it.

Was there an issue with your car?
No, not at all. I was inquiring just after I ordered my MS regarding the terms of the FUSC transfer. I wanted to make sure that if I did have issues, I would not lose my FUSC. I ended up selling my car long before taking delivery, so it was a moot point. Nonetheless, Tesla were pretty explicit as it relates to the timing of when the point of no return is.

Reactions: zoomer0056
This FUSC transfer seems too risky. And the new terms are shady. I'd sell the old car with FUSC to someone who really appreciates it and forget it on the new one. I also don't drive enough to need it.
It is risky. You have to accept in that small window and if anything major happens to the new car, it's gone. It's basically a way to extend it for hopefully a number of years but it's Tesla's way to get a new sale and then phase it out.

Reactions: Grumble
No, not at all. I was inquiring just after I ordered my MS regarding the terms of the FUSC transfer. I wanted to make sure that if I did have issues, I would not lose my FUSC. I ended up selling my car long before taking delivery, so it was a moot point. Nonetheless, Tesla were pretty explicit as it relates to the timing of when the point of no return is.
Yeah. If you had to refuse delivery, I'd get in writing that it applies to your replacement VIN since it would likely arrive after Dec 31.

I noticed my 4 week old LR seems to have a rattle from the arm rest. It seems like the metal trim at the back of the arm rest. Anybody else have this or know of a fix?
Probably a 10 MM socket or a torx bit left from "Assembly"

Peruse the EPC, and Service Manual. Get some plastic trim removal tools from Amazon, pull the door liner (Card) and fix it yourself.

Or, you could schedule Mobile Service. Just watch them like a hawk, they can easily break clips and not have any spares.

Peruse the EPC, and Service Manual. Get some plastic trim removal tools from Amazon, pull the door liner (Card) and fix it yourself.

Or, you could schedule Mobile Service. Just watch them like a hawk, they can easily break clips and not have any spares.
It’s more like a creak. I can reproduce it by pressing on the chrome trim. Thanks though. I don’t want to deal with tesla service. Kind of painful.

Oh, and an exciting development that happened to me when questioning Tesla regarding the FUSC transfer. Let's say you have an older car with FUSC and you order your new vehicle and accept the FUSC transfer, FUSC will get disabled on your existing car almost as soon as you accept that document. Let's say you reject your new car for valid reasons, your FUSC is gone. Left the building... Never to be seen again lol. You won't get it back and you won't be able to transfer it to another vehicle. Good luck fellas and fellettes.
This has NOT happened to us. We signed documents for FUSC transfer on 11/27 and have kept enjoying FUSC on our old car as we wait for a VIN on a MSP

Hey, not calling you out - your responses are often informative but you seem to post or participate in posts about defects and vibrations on this forum.

Did you see this news article published today (Dec 20th) reporting on various suspension issues including half-shafts and such?

If so, any opinion? I haven't seen this referred to in other posts yet so hopefully not duplication.

Ref: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-musk-steering-suspension/

Reactions: diddydee
Not exactly. When you place the order the estimated delivery date has to include a period of 2023. If the EDD starts in 2024 you do not qualify for the FUSC transfer.
I was verbally told, and then also answered by anonymous SAs on the other end of a text that both dates shown in the EDD had to show 2023 on a qualifying vehicle to get consideration (not guaranteed - at Tesla's discretion) of a FUSC transfer after Jan 1 2024.

I still have radio silence on my one time rejection and two week hold voiding the FUSC transfer answers.

Ordered 11/28 (cyber monday), the last day the ordering website showed both 2023 dates. Still no VIN despite first day of EDD period being today.

Still showing Dec 20 - 31 (see app screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220_091354_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231220_091354_Tesla.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 23
Hey, not calling you out - your responses are often informative but you seem to post or participate in posts about defects and vibrations on this forum.

Did you see this news article published today (Dec 20th) reporting on various suspension issues including half-shafts and such?

If so, any opinion? I haven't seen this referred to in other posts yet so hopefully not duplication.

Ref: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-musk-steering-suspension/

My quick take is this article is full of ancedotal FUD and I have seen so much of this in the last 5 years I have not bothered to read it in full.

I post on the defects and vibes threads because I seem to have those issues.

The rattles can be fixed, the vibrations can be driven around, and I won't be keeping the car past the 4year warranty anyway.

Apart from that, all good so far, and the holiday update is worthwhile.

Reactions: dn325ci

Yeah, that's a pretty bad article, but seemingly very accurate. We've definitely seen a lot of suspension failures.
The half shaft vibration we are talking about on the refreshed model S is different than the half shaft failures they described in that article. That was on the previous generation S/X. The updated half shaft design doesn't seem to fail (as much), but it does vibrate. There is a software fix in 2023.44.1 that hides the vibration, so it isn't really an issue anymore.

Reactions: aerodyne
Same. FUSC works just fine on existing car until new car arrives.

It's crazy how much FUD goes on in this forum. 🙄
If I mistakenly put FUD in my posts, I always correct myself. There are people on this forum who have had their FUSC removed from their existing vehicles before receiving their new ones. It didn't/couldn't happen to me, but it's what I read. I have to trust that these people are not full of sht.

If I mistakenly put FUD in my posts, I always correct myself. There are people on this forum who have had their FUSC removed from their existing vehicles before receiving their new ones. It didn't/couldn't happen to me, but it's what I read. I have to trust that these people are not full of sht.
It's been reported numerous times over the years that Tesla has made mistakes in transferring FUSC, so it is very possible it is happening with the new transfer program in some cases.