Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So your assuming nearly 7 Billion dollars in SX sales for 2023 as an American made car isn’t worth their time? While I like the Model 3 it is no comparison to a MSP in my opinion.
Also, I STRONGLY suspect that the 48-volt architecture from the Cybertruck will easily transfer to the MS/MX. This will allow for Rear Wheel Steering, something that was likely designed-in with the 2021 refresh, but simply awaiting introduction on the CT first. This will help move the MS/MX upmarket from the soon-to-be-upgraded Highland (for the US market), and the Juniper upgrade to the MY in mid-2024.

This would be excellent product cadence and help keep these premium products fresh for years to come.

Combine that with a real, honest-to-god horn button in the middle of the steering WHEEL (a la Highland M3) and we may have to trade our '22 MSP and MS LR in for 2024's with these upgrades . . . .

(And I'd expect minimal price changes due to weak demand from Elon's inability to control his Twitter/X fingers. The massive delay in the 2024 model year suggests something is up; this might be it?)

Also, I STRONGLY suspect that the 48-volt architecture from the Cybertruck will easily transfer to the MS/MX. This will allow for Rear Wheel Steering, something that was likely designed-in with the 2021 refresh, but simply awaiting introduction on the CT first. This will help move the MS/MX upmarket from the soon-to-be-upgraded Highland (for the US market), and the Juniper upgrade to the MY in mid-2024.

This would be excellent product cadence and help keep these premium products fresh for years to come.

Combine that with a real, honest-to-god horn button in the middle of the steering WHEEL (a la Highland M3) and we may have to trade our '22 MSP and MS LR in for 2024's with these upgrades . . . .

(And I'd expect minimal price changes due to weak demand from Elon's inability to control his Twitter/X fingers. The massive delay in the 2024 model year suggests something is up; this might be it?)
I'd have to give up Supercharging on my brand new 2023 but for 500+ mile EPA range with those features and a real steering wheel/center horn, I'd probably upgrade far faster than 11 years like last time.

Would hate to miss such a massive upgrade by a few months but that's how it is with Tesla I guess.

The 21s have so many disadvantages I consider them worth less than the 19s.

19 Pros:
  • Tires cost less
  • More choices for tires
  • They last longer
  • Less pothole damage
  • Better range
  • Accelerate slightly faster
  • Better handling in the corners (and yes I know this from experience since I had the 21s and 19s on the my P85DL+ that I swapped back and fourth).
  • Quieter
Great insight.

Does anyone here have direct experience if this was instead comparing 19" vs popular for Tesla third-party 20" how does this change the list? e g. Martian, Unplugged, TSportline, Evannex

Thanks in advance

I'd like the square - circle (Squrcle) wheel from the CT with the real turn signal buttons. Should be interchangeable.
I have to say my S3XY Buttons paddle-shifter-turn-signal mod has been a complete game changer. I had to get some aluminum disks to slightly bend and stick behind the wheel for the buttons to adhere to but holy sht, what an awesome mod. Buy them people, they are worth every penny. I'll take pics tomorrow.

That’s all a view but I have to ask. What would be the reason or value in making a MS 4 wheel steering? Neat sure but for what purpose other then to make it more complex, more prone to issues, and if we thought the current wear on 21” tires is rough now wait till you put 1100 HP on to FWS. Just don’t see the value other then change for the sake of change.

• Love
Reactions: ginmqi and ucmndd
That’s all a view but I have to ask. What would be the reason or value in making a MS 4 wheel steering? Neat sure but for what purpose other then to make it more complex, more prone to issues, and if we thought the current wear on 21” tires is rough now wait till you put 1100 HP on to FWS. Just don’t see the value other then change for the sake of change.
Just watch any of the in-depth CT reviews to learn the benefits of FWS--it's a major change in how vehicles will be driven in the future.

It will also allow Tesla to easily create right-hand drive MS/MX's as there is no longer a steering shaft to package/make space for, allowing for much simpler design and assembly.

Reactions: aerodyne
Just watch any of the in-depth CT reviews to learn the benefits of FWS--it's a major change in how vehicles will be driven in the future.

It will also allow Tesla to easily create right-hand drive MS/MX's as there is no longer a steering shaft to package/make space for, allowing for much simpler design and assembly.
I agree that steer by wire is a generational advancement that will probably come to all Teslas. It will also make the Yoke almost viable :D. Four wheel steering on the other hand I think has significant benefit for larger vehicles. There are tons of smaller vehicles with it today but I'm not sure where that would be of significant value outside of the CT and maybe the X. Just my $0.02

Reactions: Yelobird and dsm363
I have to say my S3XY Buttons paddle-shifter-turn-signal mod has been a complete game changer. I had to get some aluminum disks to slightly bend and stick behind the wheel for the buttons to adhere to but holy sht, what an awesome mod. Buy them people, they are worth every penny. I'll take pics tomorrow.
S3XY Button paddle shifter turn signal mod

1704198548609.png

Guess again
Did you read the last post in that thread? The updated yoke is still not available. I got a new one a couple months ago and the part number is the same.

Reactions: cwanja
So for my MSLR UR order, the EDD was Feb 1-March 14. Today I got assigned a 2023 VIN 530xxx. I have no issues with taking a 2023 VIN.

Any other words of wisdom or advice from anyone though?
If this was my assigned car, considering your circumstance, my ONLY concern would be that it's a rejected vehicle from someone else. That's purely based on the schedule of events you've provided along with the out-of-sync VIN number.

Just in case anyone is interested in this info, the Mt Kisco, NY location has an MSLR ultra red, black, 19, steering for 5% off. It is designated as a demo car with 31 miles and previously repaired. I asked them what previously repaired means. They said most likely some cosmetic issue which was fully fixed by Tesla and will not appear in Carfax. Cost of repair is listed as $1,450 although the actual damage is not disclosed. It was a 528 VIN.