Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the feeling Tesla have something in the works because they're going to need to respond to Lucid's 1/4 mile time. Trying to beat Porsche in anything twisty is just a dumb idea, so my guess is they'll probably take a shot at it but not report they were even there if they don't beat Porsche's time.

Reactions: Carolina Karl
And probably before this GT hits ours shores at some high price.

Probably, the production Porsche won't be nearly as fast.
I'm guessing $300k for the Taycan GT. The Taycan Turbo S is already $240k+ near me. The production car might be faster. Reduced weight without the roll cage.

I don't think Tesla will do anything to match it. Elon is too busy wrecking Twitter.

I’m a little worried about the VIN that was assigned to me before the end of year.

Ordered on 12/18 and was given a Feb / March time to delivery. Then randomly on 12/29 was told my VIN was ready and given a 1/3-1/12 EDD. The VIN reflects a 2023 year and I asked what the build date was - they just responded with “December 8th”.

Why is this car available at all for me? Do you think I have reason to be concerned it wasn’t sold to someone else before me? Any questions I should ask or things to look out for?

I’m a little worried about the VIN that was assigned to me before the end of year.

Ordered on 12/18 and was given a Feb / March time to delivery. Then randomly on 12/29 was told my VIN was ready and given a 1/3-1/12 EDD. The VIN reflects a 2023 year and I asked what the build date was - they just responded with “December 8th”.

Why is this car available at all for me? Do you think I have reason to be concerned it wasn’t sold to someone else before me? Any questions I should ask or things to look out for?
Yup, someone else's reject. Either because they saw something in person, or just rejected because it was a 2023.

If I ask for a 2 week hold will they release this VIN?
They will release it. However, I think if the car is already on the way to your location, unless someone else buys it, I assume you'll get assigned it again after two weeks. That's my situation. Old 2023 car is on the way to my location. I had to change my order to yoke to try and prevent it from matching... but I don't really want the yoke. Hmm.

Just in case anyone is interested in this info, the Mt Kisco, NY location has an MSLR ultra red, black, 19, steering for 5% off. It is designated as a demo car with 31 miles and previously repaired. I asked them what previously repaired means. They said most likely some cosmetic issue which was fully fixed by Tesla and will not appear in Carfax. Cost of repair is listed as $1,450 although the actual damage is not disclosed. It was a 528 VIN.
You and I must be pretty close because I've seen that Model S at Mt Kisco. It has been there since November and at that time they weren't allowing any test drives. That surprised me since this is a "demo car". However, if it was undergoing repairs as you mentioned that could be why they weren't allowing test drives.

You and I must be pretty close because I've seen that Model S at Mt Kisco. It has been there since November and at that time they weren't allowing any test drives. That surprised me since this is a "demo car". However, if it was undergoing repairs as you mentioned that could be why they weren't allowing test drives.
So when they texted me on 12/31, they advertised is as New but Previously Repaired. When I called they affirmed that this was not used for test drives, but was likely a showroom car. Today the description changed to Demo with 31 miles.

They will release it. However, I think if the car is already on the way to your location, unless someone else buys it, I assume you'll get assigned it again after two weeks. That's my situation. Old 2023 car is on the way to my location. I had to change my order to yoke to try and prevent it from matching... but I don't really want the yoke. Hmm.
Just deyolk it once the in stock one is sold.