Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked as well and both white and cream were an option for plaid on the order update page. Jason Beiko, can you check your configuration again? Maybe it was a glitch in the system or maybe you caught them between updates. It seems like these last couple updates to their website have been a rush job.
Same result here for US, all interior colors previously available are still available; same pricing.

I just checked lead times for a Model S delivered to Europe. For some reason, Long Range is Feb-March, whereas Plaid is now April-May.
US deliveries are Jan-Feb in both cases.
Wondering what can explain this difference.
An Ocean maybe??? Exports are consolidated after model batches are made and ships don’t leave hourly or daily like an airplane or truck.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
Ugh! So Lucid's Sapphire claim isn't even close to reality. An old Plaid with 500+ runs completely destroyed it in all 3 runs which included switching sides to even things out.

Hope this doesn't prompt a sudden Plaid price increase as the buyers that would have considered either may now jump off the fence and order the 1/3rd price Plaid that is way faster than the Sapphire.

An Ocean maybe??? Exports are consolidated after model batches are made and ships don’t leave hourly or daily like an airplane or truck.
LOL this reply made me spit out my cake
Ugh! So Lucid's Sapphire claim isn't even close to reality. An old Plaid with 500+ runs completely destroyed it in all 3 runs which included switching sides to even things out.

Hope this doesn't prompt a sudden Plaid price increase as the buyers that would have considered either may now jump off the fence and order the 1/3rd price Plaid that is way faster than the Sapphire.
and yeah wtf
Also - I don't seem to be able to see the white option for interior for the "update configuration". This is in Canada, if it matters

Last edited:
Seemingly random question - do most people here prefer the yoke or the wheel?
Not sure about most but there are some that like the yoke. If Tesla implements drive by wire in the S someday, that number might go up. But right now it seems like a compromised solution to a non-existent problem. Even their new steering wheel is a step back from what they had prior though so I'd test both if you can before buying.

I just checked as well and both white and cream were an option for plaid on the order update page. Jason Beiko, can you check your configuration again? Maybe it was a glitch in the system or maybe you caught them between updates. It seems like these last couple updates to their website have been a rush job.
Just checked. No white. Done through https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/

Not sure what to make of it? .ca website problem? other?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 4.59.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 4.59.44 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 26

Doubtful they will increase the price because of that. People still hate Elon. My friends and family won't buy Teslas because of him. They bought a bolt euv and a Mach e instead. I have a bolt euv rental now. I feel sorry for them. 😅

But really, how did lucid mess that up? They know what they are doing. The preproduction test cars hit the spec....

Tires. Sapphire effectively has cup2 compound. They need to do a burnout and heat them up to work.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and sorka
Not sure about most but there are some that like the yoke. If Tesla implements drive by wire in the S someday, that number might go up. But right now it seems like a compromised solution to a non-existent problem. Even their new steering wheel is a step back from what they had prior though so I'd test both if you can before buying.
I would always get the Yoke. Wish Lucid had the Yoke too. Their new Gravity SUV, almost gets close to a Yoke. Yoke just so easy to use, so comfortable on long trips and then also enables you to see the drivers infotainment display so much better, almost like you have HUD.

A round steering wheel feels and looks antiquated now. 🙂

To those who have used a "hold", how does it actually work?

Meaning do you simply message Tesla and say "I have decided to use the 14 day hold" to begin a hold? Is a reason needed? Does the assigned VIN get deassociated from your reservation immediately? How do you come off from hold early? Do you come off hold automatically at day 14? Any other things to know?

Thanks

I’m going to trust Camissa over a channel called “Tesla Plaid Channel”

I’m going to trust Camissa over a channel called “Tesla Plaid Channel”

The point is this is the first video in wild of a Sapphire's true real world performance that wasn't provided by Lucid for a marketing or review video. The video Jason did was totally staged and that car was provided by Lucid. Zero trust in that.

Anyone want to place bets on when we'll actually see the very first 2024 VIN ("R" in the 10th VIN digit as "Q" is not allowed in VINs)?

I'll start: February 12th.

And with that we'll see the return of the center horn pad (FINALLY!) and perhaps the front bumper camera, and ____________________?

But these are all just wild guesses so who knows!

Anyone want to place bets on when we'll actually see the very first 2024 VIN ("R" in the 10th VIN digit as "Q" is not allowed in VINs)?

I'll start: February 12th.

And with that we'll see the return of the center horn pad (FINALLY!) and perhaps the front bumper camera, and ____________________?

But these are all just wild guesses so who knows!
I'd say third week of Jan. I think the plant delay is approx 2 weeks.

Reactions: aerodyne
So stupid when someone says they won’t buy a Tesla because of Elon.

If they use that for every company then they would not be buying much. Can say Lucid is mostly owned by the Saudi’s (horrible woman’s rights reputation), VW lied in dieselgate and was started by the Nazi’s, I could go on and on. Just laughable when they say that about Elon.

Guessing pre Covid those same people loved Elon.
🤷 People have their reasons. They voted with their wallet. Of course they struggled to charge on their first road trip, but I held back the urge to say I told you so.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne