Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like now is the time to order an LR, if one has not already.

For the plaid, might be new seats or something, but that might come with a price increase.

I hope if the new seats come they don't have alcantara. That would be a deal breaker for me. I like alcantara for surfaces you don't actually sit on but a suede like surface will look ratty and worn much faster than the pleather.

My 12/13/23 MSP order just moved from Jan-Feb to Feb-Mar. Thinking of cancelling although I have already installed a wall connector and bought a portable connector. With with the recent analysts updates, makes me wonder if they are not producing because they are not selling, or not selling because they cannot produce. Either way, it helps explain the drop in Tesla Inc shareholdings.

• Funny
Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Is it the usual thing for inventory Teslas to be ruined by drilling holes in the front bumper in California? Even my MXP license plate holder which was not installed and in the frunk is attached with adhesive, not screws.
This isn't an inventory thing, this is a Model S thing. All model S cars come with the license plate attached to the front bumper using double sided tape. Thankfully this is fairly easy to remove and if you do take it off right away you will be left with a nice clean bumper.

So looking at the configurator for the S currently, noticed a couple things

1) The steering wheel horn symbol is showing in the render now

2) For the Plaid seats, the render shows some extra stitching that wasn't present on the 2023 model. Examples below. Don't know if that's a real change or fixing a render -- I'd have to look at my own seats to compare (though I know my seats don't have any light colored stitching like the render seems to show)

2024:
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 8.29.02 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 8.31.21 AM.png

2023:
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 8.29.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 8.31.34 AM.png

Edit: And for the LR it's showing some contrast piping that wasn't there in the 2023 and earlier models

2024:
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 8.40.50 AM.png

2023:
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 8.41.13 AM.png

Last edited:
I got delayed this time haha from Feb 6-March 12 to Feb 18 - March 31

2) For the Plaid seats, the render shows some extra stitching that wasn't present on the 2023 model. Examples below. Don't know if that's a real change or fixing a render -- I'd have to look at my own seats to compare (though I know my seats don't have any light colored stitching like the render seems to show)

2024:
View attachment 1012949

View attachment 1012951

2023:
View attachment 1012952

View attachment 1012950

Edit: And for the LR it's showing some contrast piping that wasn't there in the 2023 and earlier models

2024:
View attachment 1012953

2023:
View attachment 1012954
Also is it just that I'm on my phone or do those photos look the same...

I ordered a MS (DM/LR) on Dec 1, 2024 and am seeing "Est. Delivery: January 29 - March 4" in the app and online. But no VIN yet so obviously it will be mid-February at the earliest. I really need it before mid-March because I'm planning a road trip with it at the end of March.

I could fall back to the old ICE car but what's the fun in that???

I ordered a MS (DM/LR) on Dec 1, 2024 and am seeing "Est. Delivery: January 29 - March 4" in the app and online. But no VIN yet so obviously it will be mid-February at the earliest. I really need it before mid-March because I'm planning a road trip with it at the end of March.

I could fall back to the old ICE car but what's the fun in that???
I think you'll be getting it before mid-March.

My 12/13/23 MSP order just moved from Jan-Feb to Feb-Mar. Thinking of cancelling although I have already installed a wall connector and bought a portable connector. With with the recent analysts updates, makes me wonder if they are not producing because they are not selling, or not selling because they cannot produce. Either way, it helps explain the drop in Tesla Inc shareholdings.

Just checked mine again and it also slipped to Feb-Mar... no VIN yet.

2024:
View attachment 1012949

View attachment 1012951

2023:
View attachment 1012952

View attachment 1012950

2024:
View attachment 1012953

2023:
View attachment 1012954
My 2022 S Plaid seats has this stitching.

1706464331771.png

This has been the operating process for non-inventory orders for about two months. I ordered on December 6 when the order page had the generic January through February indication. The very first order update came eight days later on Dec 14, which updated to January 28 through March 10. That date remained for 1.5 months, but it recently narrowed to February 2 through March 8. However these results are atypical to what was happening before the influence of the model year changeover. Before this, most orders in US we’re being filled in 2-4 weeks.

Reactions: teko