Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's zero chance that the MSLR 405 rating will hold. It will be lowered. Question is by how much.

It'll be interesting to see the next flyover in 2 days. They can't just keep making them and letting them pile up.

This is going to suck for those that have VINs assigned and their new cars are just sitting outside for months.....even more so for those that already financed them.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
There's zero chance that the MSLR 405 rating will hold. It will be lowered. Question is by how much.

It'll be interesting to see the next flyover in 2 days. They can't just keep making them and letting them pile up.

This is going to suck for those that have VINs assigned and their new cars are just sitting outside for months.....even more so for those that already financed them.
Even worse are people with trade ins. I'm sure that value of trade in will drop significantly over the next 2 months.

Reactions: de Vere and sorka

Also annoying for those of us that haven't had a car since November.... 😅

So I just noticed on the website the MSLR's range estimate just says "est" while the MSPs says "EPA est". So the 405 is definitely not an EPA number and it certainly seems they're trying not to get that sub 400 downgrade

1708461273202.png

vs

1708461324384.png

I'm pretty sure it showed the 405 as the EPA range back in 2023, but I'm not able to pull that up even in archive.org

Immaculate delivery experience. Car is in perfect shape except for one small, tiny scratch on the hood where a rock probably hit it on the transport, and maybe a medium gap on the driver’s side trunk where it meets the roof pillar, but honestly compared to my last S this is a dream. Factory installed PPF on the rear fenders as well!

I’ll post some pictures later once i’ve gotten all the things installed in it. But really great delivery experience, dream to drive. Good luck and quick VIN assignments to everyone else waiting!

Immaculate delivery experience. Car is in perfect shape except for one small, tiny scratch on the hood where a rock probably hit it on the transport, and maybe a medium gap on the driver’s side trunk where it meets the roof pillar, but honestly compared to my last S this is a dream. Factory installed PPF on the rear fenders as well!

I’ll post some pictures later once i’ve gotten all the things installed in it. But really great delivery experience, dream to drive. Good luck and quick VIN assignments to everyone else waiting!
Is PPF on fenders standard now for Model S? If so, looks like my PPF guy has a little more work to do to remove that.

Last edited:
April!!! F that. If I was waiting on a MSLR, personally I would cancel. I'm just tired of all the lack of communication and shenanigans and I've only been a part of TMC for 6 months. It's taken all I have to wait on this MSP that gets delivered in the next 7 days.
April 1st 2021 I cancelled my order for Plaid plus for the same reasons you mentioned.

A year later I got my LR (plaid minus) Could have had a better car, but couldn't have paid more!

Greater than zero chance prices will increase at some point.

Reactions: Septocaine