Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for advice - should I:

1. Purchase a August 2023 demo Model S LR (is quality more known for demos because service has worked out any issues?)
2. Buy a 2024 Model S LR and hope the EPA issues clear in time to transfer FSD by the end of March
3. Pony up for a 2024 Model S Plaid (are there more reliability concerns with Plaid?)

Range is valuable to me because I live in a cold climate and have a long commute. I also value quality / no problems.

I have a 2018 Model S 100D that I LOVE.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Get 19's - no camber issues and they soak up all the bumps. Fun factor is through the roof. You only live once...

Reactions: aerodyne
Just visited my service center in Dublin. I have a VIN and a delivery appointment on March 1st. Apparently the car is built and in inventory (Model S Plaid). Via text, I’ve been told the EPA issue could stretch through 3/7 or 3/8.

Does that sound about right to y’all?

Just visited my service center in Dublin. I have a VIN and a delivery appointment on March 1st. Apparently the car is built and in inventory (Model S Plaid). Via text, I’ve been told the EPA issue could stretch through 3/7 or 3/8.

Does that sound about right to y’all?
Ar first, Dublin insisted there was no hold. I wouldn't be surprised if they think the msp is in hold even though it's only the mslr.

So went to the store and this is the fourth time I will be changing colors now I want my original stealth grey back but the advisor is telling me that will push out the delivery date.the more they make me wait I am flip flopping on the color.

Last edited:
Just a data point. A MSLR UR 21” Walnut that I rejected early November 2023 currently sits as a demo car in Austin, TX (after sitting months as Inventory car). Literally bumped into it in a parking lot. Checked VIN. No fixes visible compared to what I rejected back then.
I considered buying that exact car but didn't because I want the 19" wheels.
Why did you reject it? I never looked at it closely.

Edit: Never mind. I found the answer in a later reply.