Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just visited my service center in Dublin. I have a VIN and a delivery appointment on March 1st. Apparently the car is built and in inventory (Model S Plaid). Via text, I’ve been told the EPA issue could stretch through 3/7 or 3/8.

Does that sound about right to y’all?
How crazy is it that some SC are putting a hold on Plaids due to the EPA.

How unorganized can an SC be to not align with corporate news and information. My mind is boggled at this.

But hey! Demand is high so it really doesn’t matter that much to have crummy customer service.

You do know the insurance has to have the vin of the new vehicle right? You’re risking a delay in your delivery when you attempt to pickup the car brother…
Worked fine for my last delivery. I added the car to my insurance on the morning of delivery or maybe the day before. I forget. I wasn't about to pay for insurance on a car I didn't own yet, especially with Tesla constantly rescheduling delivery.

Just entered my window after getting my VIN assigned 2/14. MSLR black, white, 19" & yoke. EDD 2/24 - 3/4. Will update if it changes or I hear anything from my SA.
Decided to reach out in the app earlier and see what my SA would say about my delivery window this week. Of course "inspections and FW updates" are just the EPA mess ... As of now I have my pickup scheduled for 3/1, hopefully no more setbacks on the sales hold (trying to be optimistic lol).

1000401347.jpg

How crazy is it that some SC are putting a hold on Plaids due to the EPA.

How unorganized can an SC be to not align with corporate news and information. My mind is boggled at this.

But hey! Demand is high so it really doesn’t matter that much to have crummy customer service.
Tesla knows that it is necessary to precondition owners to the truly "sugar" service after the sale, the sales experience is just the start.

Soon you will get your car, and all will be forgotten. Just remember when something goes wrong and you are thinking of taking the car in to the SvC, as Tesla has stated, "The best service is no service"

Alright folks, some good news because I was hyper aggressive with keeping track of inventory. Found my exact spec within 150 miles of San Antonio and is incoming. Called corporate and they simply assigned the car to my existing RN, no additional order fee, etc. my EDD is now 3/7 - 3/13.

Why that car was not originally matched to my RN is beyond me... I would still love to see the criteria behind the scenes which triggers a VIN to be matched. I have a hunch there are opportunities to make it more efficient!
Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but which resource shows the inventory moving around the country?

Nothing on the EPA documents site for MS and MYP. Could be "SA" and knowledgeable are oxymorons.
And what you have thoughtfully linked says Plaid. I think most folks are looking for the LR docs.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong on this. But....
Then you should be happy. You said there was "nothing...for MS", and you now see that there is. If you meant only MSLR, you should have made that clear.

Then you should be happy. You said there was "nothing...for MS", and you now see that there is. If you meant only MSLR, you should have made that clear.

It's well known that the MSP's certificate of conformity doc was released on 1/12. It's been discussed multiple times and folks have been taking delivery of their MSPs since there's no hold. He didn't specify MSLR because everyone already knows it's the MSLR that's on hold.