Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an offer to schedule MSP delivery date of 3/3 - 3/5. Picked mid-day on 3/5.

With regards to insurance, I worked with Progressive, who was cheaper by $200/6mo than USAA where I have several vehicles, yet no autos (just motorcycle policy) at Progressive...go figure. Anyway, we set up a new auto policy with the VIN that started in an arbitrary future date of 3/31, with payment made. Progressive said I can pull the start date earlier when I know delivery, of course paying for those extra days. I then submitted the documentation as proof of insurance through the Tesla app. It was good to get solid quotes and comparison shopping.

The next day I happened to be near the Tesla dealer and stopped in and chatted with them...wish I did that first. They did say, despite the app saying 100% the opposite, that not providing insurance with the VIN would not affect the delivery date.

As a first-time Tesla buyer, I feel like a young horse getting "broken."

Would like to hear more experiences of those who did an ACH bank transfer after viewing the car, or if I should get a bank check. The Plaid app is not an option to me (principles).

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Just upload proof of insurance on any of your vehicles.
Don't understand the point of that if they are asking for the below
Screenshot_20240225-073453~2.jpg

I did an ACH transfer. No issues
How did you do ACH? That option is not provided.

The only method provided is using the Plaid service, which is most definitely not the same as ACH, as you must provide Plaid with your banks login and password, and their terms of service do not limit what they can do with the information they extract from your account history.

According to this article:
If funds are stolen from your bank account, would you just have to eat the loss? Chase, Capital One, and Fidelity state on their sites that if you share your information with a third party, you may be on the hook for stolen money.

How did you do ACH? That option is not provided.

The only method provided is using the Plaid service, which is most definitely not the same as ACH, as you must provide Plaid with your banks login and password, and their terms of service do not limit what they can do with the information they extract from your account history.

According to this article:
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't do Plaid to pay for my Plaid. I think personal check or bank check.

• Love
Reactions: aerodyne
I have MSLR delivery scheduled for the afternoon of Feb 28. Who else has a specific dates and time scheduled for MSLR delivery? Anyone before Feb 28?
I have mine scheduled around noon of 3/1, my specific SA said they were told they could start scheduling again after 2/29. Who knows though. I'm just hoping the issue is actually fixed this week, but I'm still prepared for it to get rescheduled.

Reactions: rockytop23