Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Wouldn’t all cars be 2024 now that we are almost two months in - if not the cars would have shown up in inventory right. Also what do you do if they give 23, we just refuse and go back to the waitlist?

Thanks
Krishna

I've seen several 2023's in inventory. I made sure to purchase a 2024 inventory car that I'm currently waiting on.

Here are examples of a 2024 next to a 2023 inventory car. Notice the top speed.

1709176493202.png

I've seen several 2023's in inventory. I made sure to purchase a 2024 inventory car that I'm currently waiting on.

Here are examples of a 2024 next to a 2023 inventory car. Notice the top speed.

View attachment 1023073
Thanks much saw that every time I see it the top speed is the only difference not sure why they would manufacture a 2023 model for me. If it was in inventory they would have given it to me and I checked my exact specification is not there.

Reactions: ahkahn
I just got a notification from TeslaFi that a VIN has been assigned to my order. I have not received any emails or texts from Tesla directly yet but, sure enough, I sign into the app and the pages are a bit different and it makes me accept their Tesla Vision agreement to continue. I now have a 7 day window assigned starting very soon. On Monday, they had changed me to a three week window. I assume I’ll be getting a call or text soon about scheduling a delivery time.

Also notice the 2024 says "est" for the range, while the 2023 is "EPA est". They don't yet have a true EPA number
^^^This

In the past, Tesla has been quick to update the order and inventory pages. If they actually have EPA approval on the MS LR range things should be updated with a few clicks.

Meanwhile, no Tesla mfg range test data on EPA site, not to mention no cert of compliance. These items should be in place first before Monroney.

Then, last but not least, this statement by Tesla SA that Freemont is printing the Monroney and sending it by snail mail? I know some stores are pretty spartan looking, but I'm sure they have printers. It just does not smell right.

I'm not too optimistic about LR deliveries tommorow. Just hope no-one makes a long drive only to be told come back later..

Reactions: BBartoli
Right - only place PPF is on the car from the factory is here, ahead of the rear wheels, on this bad picture of a '24 MSLR I demo drove recently. I was actually taking a picture of the wheel/tire, but the PPF is shown incidentally. FWIW, if you're worried about rock chips, this PPF does not extend high enough, as many have shown rock chips above it.

View attachment 1022909
Furthermore, the new MS suffers from the "911 problem" in that the rear doors also flare out before the rear fender, leading to lots of paint chips there too--I'd sent pics but it's 0430h right now.

As a result, we ended up PPF'ing two of our MS's and a third has bad paint chips in many locations . . . .

Recommend a full PPF if you can get a good deal; we paid ~$5k each in 2022 which seems to be on the high side, but it IS labor intensive.

Reactions: dn325ci
I just got a notification from TeslaFi that a VIN has been assigned to my order. I have not received any emails or texts from Tesla directly yet but, sure enough, I sign into the app and the pages are a bit different and it makes me accept their Tesla Vision agreement to continue. I now have a 7 day window assigned starting very soon. On Monday, they had changed me to a three week window. I assume I’ll be getting a call or text soon about scheduling a delivery time.
Does delivery tend to be sooner than the 1 week window once you agree to the teslavision statement?

Reactions: ragweedd
Yep, not even there, just a "-"
I'm sure it'll get sorted today since you got prompted to accept Tesla Vision. I still have no VIN assigned and have been ghosted on the app for the last 2 weeks, 3 messages with 0 responses. I know the product is good since I have owned a Tesla before, but if I hadn't I would've gone a different route by now. It does say a lot about the product and/or blind loyalty of their base with how poor of customer service and communication they can get away with.

I'm sure it'll get sorted today since you got prompted to accept Tesla Vision. I still have no VIN assigned and have been ghosted on the app for the last 2 weeks, 3 messages with 0 responses. I know the product is good since I have owned a Tesla before, but if I hadn't I would've gone a different route by now. It does say a lot about the product and/or blind loyalty of their base with how poor of customer service and communication they can get away with.
Oh interesting - i've never reached out to them by app. They've aways texted me from some number.