Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
General question here: how does everyone feel about yoke steering vs regular steering wheel ?
I genuinely prefer the yoke. I've driven with it in a previous MS and didn't have any issues, and I much prefer the extra visibility (and it's cool, sue me). I understand how people would hate capacitive blinkers in places that have tons of roundabouts, but 1. We hardly have any in this part of the country (southeast) and 2. I genuinely have never seen an American use a blinker in a roundabout anyways.

I genuinely prefer the yoke. I've driven with it in a previous MS and didn't have any issues, and I much prefer the extra visibility (and it's cool, sue me). I understand how people would hate capacitive blinkers in places that have tons of roundabouts, but 1. We hardly have any in this part of the country (southeast) and 2. I genuinely have never seen an American use a blinker in a roundabout anyways.
Lmao you not wrong. Shiii in the northeast your lucky if you see someone use their blinker to make regular turn let alone a round about which we also don’t have many of here

Is it possible to buy a yoke afterward and swap out yourself or does it have to be done via a service technician?
Mechanically, two torx screws. I watched mobile do it on mine

However, you might need toolbox, esp with the new horn location.

I think now the new yokes are peel resistant, with a sewn cover, and horn in center, a significant number of folks will prefer the yoke.

So people who already have the car with 405 estimate. Will they send out a software update to change our current range. I don’t really care but just wondering.
Probably not, and I'm going to pretend my old car is better, even though I only have 390 miles RR now.😁

But, IMO, they won't change the prior cars because the new rules did not apply then.

Congrats! Pictures of car and window sticker please. What is the EPA range?
Sticker attached, and range is 359 for a 19" wheel Plaid, but we knew that already. Got there about 5:15p, but it was probably 6:45p before their delivery system came back up. Car hilariously delivered in off road mode.

Attachments

• 2024 MSP Sticker - 1.jpeg
    2024 MSP Sticker - 1.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2024 MSP - 8.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 8.jpeg
    772.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2024 MSP - 7.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 7.jpeg
    979.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2024 MSP - 6.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 6.jpeg
    949.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2024 MSP - 5.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 5.jpeg
    971.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2024 MSP - 4.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 2024 MSP - 3.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 2024 MSP - 2.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 2024 MSP - 1.jpeg
    2024 MSP - 1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Does Tesla still allow you to buy and install the plaid carbon fiber spoiler for LR? I can search for it, but when I go into the app it’s not available.

Anyone have a good recommendation on how to find an OEM spoiler?
I see no reason why you can't get the part number from the EPC. Then, put the P/N in the request in the App.

I bought a plaid badge that way for my LR. Of course, just for the garage. I would not put them on the car unless reduced by 33%.😁

Sticker attached, and range is 359 for a 19" wheel Plaid, but we knew that already. Got there about 5:15p, but it was probably 6:45p before their delivery system came back up. Car hilariously delivered in off road mode.
I should probably also mention that weeks ago, where there was reporting about prices changing for '24 deliveries, Tesla did end up honoring all that. My price was 89,990 + 2,000 for white interior - 1,000 for being a Cybertruck reservation holder = 90,990. Ultra Red was free at the time I ordered. So they made good on those prices without any hassle.

Does Tesla still allow you to buy and install the plaid carbon fiber spoiler for LR? I can search for it, but when I go into the app it’s not available.

Anyone have a good recommendation on how to find an OEM spoiler?

I see no reason why you can't get the part number from the EPC. Then, put the P/N in the request in the App.

I bought a plaid badge that way for my LR. Of course, just for the garage. I would not put them on the car unless reduced by 33%.😁
1709262208262.png