Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be amazing if true. Would mean I can take delivery on Monday with no fomo.
That would be nice. Not holding my breath. Especially for ambient lighting, since that’s an invasive process and I can’t imagine Tesla doing it in house for a nominal fee. Unless, they’re looking for new revenue streams. Unless it’s a simple swap of the opaque trim strips with translucent ones that LEDs.

That would be nice. Not holding my breath. Especially for ambient lighting, since that’s an invasive process and I can’t imagine Tesla doing it in house for a nominal fee. Unless, they’re looking for new revenue streams. Unless it’s a simple swap of the opaque trim strips with translucent ones that LEDs.
Yeah no breath held. I couldn’t care less about ambient lighting but I DO care about the front bumper camera. If Vision park assist hadn’t improved somewhat, I’d be joining the $250 club…again.

Reactions: EmergMD
I'm not sure about "some time". Tesla has been updating the 21+ "Refresh" every handful of months. Interior trim options, steam hardware, plaid writing vs badge, rear screen size changes, tilting front screen, headlight/tail light changes, rear trunk lid from tesla badge to writing "tesla", steering wheel instead of yoke, yoke/steering wheel button changes. It's been continuous change over the last 3 years. I'd be more pissed if I was a 21 owner seeing the headlight/tail changes after having my car be called the "refresh".
What interior trim option has Tesla changed since the 2021 refresh?

Went out to test the pulling to the right issue with track mode on. 100% front bias and problem 100% vanishes. 100% rear bias and problem gets WAY worse to the point of being dangerous. Totally feels like the left motor is pulling harder than the right.
Hmm I’ll have to test track mode. Unfortunately it just started raining here and sending 830hp to the rear wheels on cold/wet roads seems ill advised lol

Hold is lifted! Have a pickup appointment for tomorrow Friday at noon at Tesla Miramar San Diego. Getting MSLR Blue exterior White interior 21 inch wheels with Yoke.

Pics or didn’t happen
1709349342097.jpeg

Picked up ours today MSLR. Happy days!

Hmm I’ll have to test track mode. Unfortunately it just started raining here and sending 830hp to the rear wheels on cold/wet roads seems ill advised lol

Well I think I fixed it or at least temporarily fixed and and now have an explanation as to why it wasn't happening at first. In service mode, I notice that the applied learned steering offset was 6 degrees to the left which seems like a lot so when I was driving perfectly straight, the steering tracker showed I was turning slightly to the right.

With the rear bias 100% to the rear in track mode and the car thinking I'm turning slightly right, the torque vectoring would apply more left motor. Now in order for this to still be the problem out of track mode, torque vectoring would have to be enabled all the time, not just in track mode.

As soon as I cleared the learned steering correction offset, the problem vanished. There could still be an underlying problem including alignment or even a radial tire pull, but I at least have a clue. It'll be interesting to see after a few miles if it comes back and if the steering offset again corrects for the same number of degrees.

If only I could have timed the MSP purchase as well :(

Two months after buying P85D, P90D came along. One month after MXP, tilt screen came along. I think the thing everyone needs to do is follow me and if they see me buy a Tesla, they know some significant update will soon follow. Yup. I'm a rain maker it seems :p
Followed...keep us posted on your next order. :)