Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the wireless phone charging actually works, but only if the naked phone is sitting on the pad. I have a fairly thin TPU case so I'm now wondering if there are any aftermarket products that can perhaps replace this to make it stronger because removing the case is not sustainable. I added an aftermarket wireless pad to the Model 3 in my household and it has no problem charging the phone with the TPU case on.
Is there something that makes you think the wireless charging does not work?

My 2022 MSLR wireless charging works with no problems for our two phones. Both Otterbox protected. One Android with a thin Otterbox and one IPhone with a thick Otterbox.

Is there something that makes you think the wireless charging does not work?

My 2022 MSLR wireless charging works with no problems for our two phones. Both Otterbox protected. One Android with a thin Otterbox and one IPhone with a thick Otterbox.
I have a thinner TPU case on my iPhone 15 Pro. Putting it on the pad with the TPU case on, nothing. Taking the case off, the phone starts charging. Granted, you need to position it juuuust right, but it works. I suppose having a separate thread about this would be best.

Went to pick up my 24 MSLR SG 19 black interior wheel and unfortunately had to reject the delivery after waiting for three months. There was a section of paint on the edge of the passenger side fender by the door that had obviously been repaired with some touch up paint. Looked like a 4th grader did it. Also the passenger side rear door would not close properly. The general manager came outside to look at the issues. I was expecting a fight or a discussion about them making the repair. However, she could NOT HAVE BEEN NICER. she said the door closing issue could be fixed in minutes but the paint issue was not acceptable.

She went inside to do a search to see if she could find me another vehicle. She came back with a floor model in their manhattan shiwroom which they could have delivered up to me. Fortunately before I could tell her I wasn’t interested in a floor model from a New York City showroom, she realized it had cream interior. 9more than likely it was a 2023 model as well).

So now back to square one I guess. Waiting for the manager to reject the car in my account to see what happens next. She assured me I would not become a member of the $250 club as I indicated I had previously rejected a vehicle with a 2023 vin. Time will tell!!

Went to pick up my 24 MSLR SG 19 black interior wheel and unfortunately had to reject the delivery after waiting for three months. There was a section of paint on the edge of the passenger side fender by the door that had obviously been repaired with some touch up paint. Looked like a 4th grader did it. Also the passenger side rear door would not close properly. The general manager came outside to look at the issues. I was expecting a fight or a discussion about them making the repair. However, she could NOT HAVE BEEN NICER. she said the door closing issue could be fixed in minutes but the paint issue was not acceptable.

She went inside to do a search to see if she could find me another vehicle. She came back with a floor model in their manhattan shiwroom which they could have delivered up to me. Fortunately before I could tell her I wasn’t interested in a floor model from a New York City showroom, she realized it had cream interior. 9more than likely it was a 2023 model as well).

So now back to square one I guess. Waiting for the manager to reject the car in my account to see what happens next. She assured me I would not become a member of the $250 club as I indicated I had previously rejected a vehicle with a 2023 vin. Time will tell!!
That's really just unacceptable. Sorry to hear about the outcome, fingers crossed for a much better replacement soon! I'm guessing there was no front bumper cam? When was your order date?

Last edited:

Wow that is horrendous but glad it’s being handled. I guess I should feel lucky for taking delivery of an imperfect (panel gaps & misalignment) but otherwise undamaged vehicle with perfect paint and interior. Slight rattle on grainy roads at certain speeds though.

IMG_0586.jpeg

Ok I placed it on hold. Wish me luck on the new build.

Reactions: ck1891
So the wireless phone charging actually works, but only if the naked phone is sitting on the pad. I have a fairly thin TPU case so I'm now wondering if there are any aftermarket products that can perhaps replace this to make it stronger because removing the case is not sustainable. I added an aftermarket wireless pad to the Model 3 in my household and it has no problem charging the phone with the TPU case on.
Mine charges fine with a case….maybe try a new case

Anyone have problems with phones overheating on the charge pad ?
Nope. My iPhone 15 Pro Max and my wife's iPhone 15 Pro - both with Apple OEM silicone cases - work just fine. Heck, I just got this Amazon thing because I'm so tired of how dirty/dusty the pad gets, and both phones still charge without issue.

That thing is AWESOME. Highly recommended.

If you have the sun streaming through the glass at the phones on the charging pad, it's still possible to get an overheating message, though.

Nope. My iPhone 15 Pro Max and my wife's iPhone 15 Pro - both with Apple OEM silicone cases - work just fine. Heck, I just got this Amazon thing because I'm so tired of how dirty/dusty the pad gets, and both phones still charge without issue.

That thing is AWESOME. Highly recommended.

If you have the sun streaming through the glass at the phones on the charging pad, it's still possible to get an overheating message, though.
Ordered. Good find