Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I have a 2018 Model S with FSD and want to buy a new Model S LR but ONLY if I get FSD transfer and LED strip/front bumper camera, how do I do it? Do I wait till someone confirms delivery of an updated car? Do I wait till Tesla website pictures show the LED strip? Or do I have to buy it before the end of the month and put down the $250 and fight them to get the free FSD transfer and updated model? I want to do this correctly. As last time I specifically asked if there were any updates coming, they said no, and I ended up with MCU1 and no vanity lights and a week later they were MCU2 and vanity light. I was so mad. If they can't guarantee me FSD and new updates if I order this month, I am done with Tesla and probably getting a Taycan, Audi, or Mercedes electric. I drive very few miles a year.
Your only safe bet is to wait and hope they offer it again. I jumped as they said 'one time offer expires Dec 31st' and I was waiting for front bumper camera too. But a month later, they offer the transfer again until March 31st. So odds are, they'll do it again now and then to boost sales.

I’m also doubting “imminent” updates this far into the quarter. Given how important quarterly delivery #s have become to Tesla and TSLA stock, changes (even minor ones) are much more likely to happen at the beginning of each quarter rather than in the middle or latter part.

I agree and I’m becoming more skeptical on these updates as the days go by.

I doubt it’ll work out timing wise to get the FUSC/FSD transfer and these updates in this round. But that’s OK …. Tesla needs my money more than I need a new X.

Reactions: ITSELE
For long time Tesla clients: Has Tesla ever actually announced a refresh themselves or do they usually just start delivering them with the new changes and not say anything ?
Been a customer since 2012. Fellow old timers can correct me if I’m wrong but Tesla typically just delivers what they deliver. They don’t say sh*t 😂

Also, changes are usually (but not always) accompanied by price increases.

Not sure how geography impacts timing, but I’m in Utah and it has come together pretty quickly.
2/18/24 order
3/8/24 VIN (2024)
3/15/24 anticipated delivery
Red/Cream/19”/FSD transfer

Will be having a conversation with the man in the mirror about how much I value the rumored bumper cam. I’ve been using FSD daily since 2018, love it and enjoy the steps of the process but to wait or not :)

For long time Tesla clients: Has Tesla ever actually announced a refresh themselves or do they usually just start delivering them with the new changes and not say anything ?
I have a 2022 MSLR. It is a refresh refresh refresh. Not announced. They did not announce the Highland either, Highland is not an official name. Coming and won't be announce is the unofficial MY Juniper. All my info comes from TMC. Tesla doesn't announce anything.

Not sure how geography impacts timing, but I’m in Utah and it has come together pretty quickly.
2/18/24 order
3/8/24 VIN (2024)

Will be having a conversation with the man in the mirror about how much I value the rumored bumper cam. I’ve been using FSD daily since 2018, love it and enjoy the steps of the process but to wait or not :)
Do you have to deal with tight parking spaces where 1-2 inches of precision are critical? If not, updated park assist with birdseye view should be fine. Working well for me.

Reactions: ragweedd
2/18/24 order
3/8/24 VIN (2024)

Ordered 2/14
VIN 2/25
Anticipated delivery 3/15
Ultra red/cream/19”/Unimited supercharging transfer
I doubt I will have the bumper cam.

Went to pick up my 24 MSLR SG 19 black interior wheel and unfortunately had to reject the delivery after waiting for three months. There was a section of paint on the edge of the passenger side fender by the door that had obviously been repaired with some touch up paint. Looked like a 4th grader did it. Also the passenger side rear door would not close properly. The general manager came outside to look at the issues. I was expecting a fight or a discussion about them making the repair. However, she could NOT HAVE BEEN NICER. she said the door closing issue could be fixed in minutes but the paint issue was not acceptable.

She went inside to do a search to see if she could find me another vehicle. She came back with a floor model in their manhattan shiwroom which they could have delivered up to me. Fortunately before I could tell her I wasn’t interested in a floor model from a New York City showroom, she realized it had cream interior. 9more than likely it was a 2023 model as well).

So now back to square one I guess. Waiting for the manager to reject the car in my account to see what happens next. She assured me I would not become a member of the $250 club as I indicated I had previously rejected a vehicle with a 2023 vin. Time will tell!

I agree and I’m becoming more skeptical on these updates as the days go by.

I doubt it’ll work out timing wise to get the FUSC/FSD transfer and these updates in this round. But that’s OK …. Tesla needs my money more than I need a new X.
They ll honor the tranfer if they cannot deliver by 03/31. I want to upgrade my old MX to the MXP but gonna wait a bit more.

Ordered MSLR on 2/29 evening in Dublin, CA (20 miles from Fremont factory) with FUSC transfer. Official order date shows as 3/1.
Est. delivery date showed up in the app on 3/4 as "3/4 - 3/24". Currently it shows "3/8 - 3/24" (basically start date updates everyday to the current date). VIN is not assigned yet. Kind of weird, don't know if anyone else is also seeing that.

I'm in no hurry to get the car. Had put the order in just because of the FUSC transfer. I'm hoping they delay the delivery date until the rumored features are available. Otherwise will just cancel the order.

Reactions: leletyM3
2/18/24 order
3/8/24 VIN (2024)

Well for a reference point... Why not... DMV area Southern MD specifically:

12/8/2023 order
EDD-shift due to EPA
12-31 Mar 2024 current EDD
NO VIN ASSIGNED
MSLR / SG/ Ebony Interior/19"/ Steering Wheel/FSD(not transfer)

My patience is wearing... extremely thin. The only silver lining is the possibility of the front bumper camera at this point.

Reactions: ragweedd
Inventory car with my build in stock near me, mine is supposedly in transit. I know a few have successfully gotten there car earlier this way and I'm wondering what's the downside. Is this a reject car? Something with a little damage that Tesla decides to work on a bit before selling? Likely pop in tomorrow to check it out but would appreciate any perspective.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm in the same boat. Ordered Dec. 8th and no VIN yet.
Same here. Dec 1 order, no VIN. Also no request to accept vision instead of ultrasonic sensors - or whatever that agreement is that others have talked about. I have nothing yet.

I am getting full PPF for mine and planning a road trip at the end of this month. I need to get the car in 2 weeks or so to make both happen. I'm beginning to think it won't happen in time. I can always use the old ICE car but really want my MS!