Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has happened before. Folks that ordered earlier are also paying less in some cases, and are getting pushed to the back of the line.

However, you might get the new features as a result.
I wish that would happen to me. I'm paying the older price, but still moving ahead without the new features. I guess they move Plaid orders first.

Same here. Dec 1 order, no VIN. Also no request to accept vision instead of ultrasonic sensors - or whatever that agreement is that others have talked about. I have nothing yet.

I am getting full PPF for mine and planning a road trip at the end of this month. I need to get the car in 2 weeks or so to make both happen. I'm beginning to think it won't happen in time. I can always use the old ICE car but really want my MS!
I'm with you. I want my MS too. No planned road trip for me nor no real urgency but it has been like 4 months as of today (I retired last year and it's one of those 'do for your self because you earned it' retirement gifts to myself)... and as of today still no VIN nor request to accept vision instead of ultrasonic sensors. I do plan on getting PPF and ceramic within the same week but it is hard to plan on when without having a delivery date. Not a bad thing... It's given me time to do my due diligence of calling around to get quotes and checking reviews instead of jumping at the first overpriced option.

I feel like it would be useful for parking nose in and avoiding hitting / scraping on parking blocks. Without it, I've been backing into every parking space to avoid scraping the nose because it is so low.
So far it’s been telling me to stop a few inches away from parking blocks. Unlike V1, V2 detects parking blocks like a champ…so far.

That's looks pretty good. Not as good as real video, but good enough.
It’s still not perfect but it’s working well for me in parking lots, garages, and curbside parking. I was ready to wire in an aftermarket front bumper cam but so far, haven’t seen the need. Tesla claims future software updates will improve the resolution and accuracy, so I can live with this.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Inventory car with my build in stock near me, mine is supposedly in transit. I know a few have successfully gotten there car earlier this way and I'm wondering what's the downside. Is this a reject car? Something with a little damage that Tesla decides to work on a bit before selling? Likely pop in tomorrow to check it out but would appreciate any perspective.
It was not there....but 100 MYs were. In fact I did not see 1 MS on the lot, except the demo. Delivery center in League City, TX, just outside of Houston.

That's looks pretty good. Not as good as real video, but good enough.
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I like the 3-D view better than birds eye cameras. I took my wife’s jeep that has a camera based birds iview through a very tight drive-through with all of the cameras in the mirrors it was still a little difficult to navigate. When I took our X through I definitely felt more confident with the narrow pathway using the 3-D view.

Reactions: nyucla and Yelobird
Does not filling out all the required steps in the app slow down the VIN assignment after ordering? I’m out of town so couldn’t do the trade-in stuff etc yet. I’m totally fine waiting for the new features so not in a rush, but I ordered a MSP on 3/7 and just wondering about that part of the process. App still shows “March.”

Does not filling out all the required steps in the app slow down the VIN assignment after ordering? I’m out of town so couldn’t do the trade-in stuff etc yet. I’m totally fine waiting for the new features so not in a rush, but I ordered a MSP on 3/7 and just wondering about that part of the process. App still shows “March.”
I presume Tesla only cares about the ID verification step.

Reactions: ck1891